Behold the Appropriately Angry Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Box Art

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Findlebob said:
Thyunda said:
It's not so bad - except I never really thought the Space Marines were good guys. They were over-religious zealots, and their answer to an uncivilised planet was to burn everything on it.
But thats the principle of all religion.
And other over-generalisations that ignore the situations in which they don't apply.

SketchyFK

Mar 14, 2010
Thyunda said:
It's not so bad - except I never really thought the Space Marines were good guys. They were over-religious zealots, and their answer to an uncivilised planet was to burn everything on it.
The Orks were at least honest about being murderous all the time.
I think the EXACT same. The Orks do what they feel is right. They are a determined and straight forward race with little or no political/religious controlling figures. They scream "good guys" to me. And, on another note, how can claim to be the good guys when the orks are the only race in 40k who recycle?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Iwata said:
Jenx said:
You know what would have really sold this game to me? If it was about Salamanders. Or Gray Knights. Or hell even Space Wolves. ANYTHING but the Ultramarines.
You'd think getting a feature film all for themselves would've sated the Ultrasmurf's lust for attention, but noooooooooo... I guess they're still sore that John Hurt voiced an Imperial Fist in said movie, and not an Ultramarine.

Miner said:
frankly that list sounds like gears of war
The empire of the Ultramar have been holding the front line against the Orcs forever. They were also the ones to hold out against the first invasion of the Tyranids by Hive Fleet Behemoth. So canonically it makes sense to have the Ultrasmurfs. (which is funny cause i see what looks like a tyrannid in that cover.)

But yes i do share your sentiment. Apox on them. Rather like to see the Black Templars. (love the color scheme) Or maybe the absurd Imperial Fist. XD

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Looks OK, but when are they going to make one about the Imperial Guard? That's what I wanna see!

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Jakub324 said:
Looks OK, but when are they going to make one about the Imperial Guard? That's what I wanna see!
You can always play the oldie-but-AWESOME "Final Liberation" (still my favorite 40K game). Sure, it's TBS, but the Smurfs only show up on the first battle. From then on, it's all Guard.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
dogstile said:
Man, I want a game where you play as orcs.

... or a mod for mount and blade thats warhammer themed. I would LOVE that.
Maybe this has been mentioned already, but...
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,133702.0.html
There you go.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
http://www.spacemarine.com/buy

YOU DON"T HAVE TO PLAY AN ULTRAMARINE!!! OR EVEN A LOYALIST!!!! LOOK AT THE PRE-ORDER BONUSES!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Okay, since people have mentioned it, I think "chainsaw sword" makes a lot more sense to someone who doesn't know 40k than "chainsword" does.

Also, this image has singlehandedly made me care about 40k:

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Iwata said:
I take offense, to that, good sir! For every Astartes out there, we have a hundred Basilisk artillery tanks, a thousand Leman Russ battle tanks, a hundred thousand Guardsmen! The Guard keeps the Imperium alive, not the Astartes.

Besides, who do you think is bravest? The guy that goes to war in power armor and armed with a mini-rocket launcher, or the guy that goes to war in a wet t-shirt and armed with a laser pointer?
I dunno dude, you gotta give major props to the Space Marines. They may be walking piles of mutated man muscle, but they're not invincible and they go up against some crazy shit. Shit that would make a regiment of Guardsmen desert like a bunch of fragile sissies. The Astartes are needed for all that stuff where throwing manpower at the problem doesn't work.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
John Funk said:
Okay, since people have mentioned it, I think "chainsaw sword" makes a lot more sense to someone who doesn't know 40k than "chainsword" does.

That thread is amazing

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Cpt Corallis said:
http://www.spacemarine.com/buy

YOU DON"T HAVE TO PLAY AN ULTRAMARINE!!! OR EVEN A LOYALIST!!!! LOOK AT THE PRE-ORDER BONUSES!
Oh snap, Gamestop it is. Gonna get some Space Wolf action up in thur.

May 17, 2010
John Funk said:

Do you have super eyes or soemthing? I can't read it.

What is with this hate of the Ultras? I don't play as them and Matt Ward does suffer from the "special snowflake" syndrome but really guys? If the front cover of both the current marine dex and the previosu one has an Ultramarine on the front, and all the boxes have ultramarines of the front, you should realsie by now that games workshop has picked the to be the marketing face of the Space Marines. Honestly I don't see why people get so upset about it.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Is it just me that immediately thought angry marines? Deserves a mod at least :D

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Ork's evil? Oh contrair Funk they aren't evil they just love fighting... a lot.

And all I see is one very dead marine, that's no terminator armor and there are bound to be another 20 Orks behind the ones he's assaulting.