Behold the Official PlayStation Move Trailer

Dec 16, 2009
here's to hoping its more intuitve than the wiimote or the 6 axis, but I can't see me ever buying this, i like the feel of a controller.
now if these things had the orange hologram things in the advert, i'd be saying sign me up

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Doxcology said:
Could we just drop this whole motion sensitive movement in gaming? I want the normal handheld controller to prevail at the end of all this.
It's not going to happen. Motion control is here to stay, like it or not.

It may never replace traditional controllers - and I hope it doesn't - but it's here to stay, because it DOES do some very interesting things when used well.

iTeamKill

Dec 17, 2007
To be honest, "Move" is the first time I actually like the name for this motion control nonsense. Move actually describes what it makes you do. Its motion control. pre-Natal is the infancy ward at a hospital and arc is what my welder does when properly grounded.

The problem for sony is, I have no want to buy this product at all. Its the same reason I don't own a wii. If I wanted to go boxing or bowling or skeet shooting or table tennis, I would rather actually go play those things.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Not a bad trailer but it would of been ten times better if it had Kevin Butler in it.
lol, then it would have been sold instantly!

Although, the name can still do with improvement ><

JeppeH

Nov 18, 2009
What a ugly thing. Agree it looks like a sextoy, but worse.. it looks like a cheap plastic lowtech glowstick. It looks like nothing more than a matt-black stick with a pingpong ball on the end.
The commercial conveys nothing about why its better than the Wii. Its just a lot of feelgood emotional crap already cornered by the Wii.

Someone should fire that product designer.. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.
And while they are at it, fire those morons that agreed to that commercial.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
So, sorry if I sound a little bit fanboyish, but that's pretty much a Wiimote. For the PS3.

Did they not know one exists or something?

Cgull

Behind You
Oct 31, 2009
Everything looks prettier than on the Wii (shock, horror!) but not particularly different.

I don't see how any of the motion sensitive hardware can be overly immersive when only your upper half will be getting involved? (I mean you can't walk etc, nothing filthy, before any jokes are made!)

What's wrong with wanting to sit in my boxers, be lazy and play games?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I think the target audience are going to just view it as a knockoff Wii even though it is better in pretty much every aspect. I forsee this product not doing very well.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
IT
ONLY
DOES
NOTHING

It looks like a vibrator, I hope this idea fails. Sony should leave motion controls to nintendo and focus on possibly making the sixaxis do something.

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
Wow, I was expecting Sony to at least try and pretend they weren't ripping from the Wii wholesale. That advert completely killed all interest I ever had in controller based motion sensors there wasn't a single original use of motion control in there. Boxing, golfing, drawing, swordfighting & archery looked like the Wii HD.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
So... minigames and SOME normal games... but play them for more than an hour and you're just tired, not relaxed.

Also, did anyone else find it pathetic that someone would buy a Playstation, a motion controller and a game just to play table tennis? It doesn't even feel or look like the real thing, even though it desperately tries to.

Resin213

Jan 22, 2009
dumb name, horrible song, ugly remote.
It could be more precise than Wii and make people thinking they need two consoles just choose PS3 instead, but marketing needs to get their asses handed to them. such an utter Fail

Apackof12Ninjas

Oct 12, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Is Sony deliberately trying to equate the Move with the Wii in consumers' minds? Odd choice, in my opinion.
No this is a direct response to Microsofts "Natal" The timing is too coincidental.

Natal seems....more original then Sony's bland move.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
sinclose said:
The trailer's nice.
Wonder what argument Sony will come up with when this gets inevitably compared to the Wii.
Its pretty much exactly the same control system as the wii...just uglier controllers. The PR from before made it out to be a lot more similar to that of Natal (although tried before with the ever so fail eye toy)

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
LLLLLLAAAAAMMMMMEEEEEE.

Motion control will suck until it is a full body suit where you can play D and D and feel like you might have been hit by an axe...wait a minute flashback to being 13 and fighting with fake axes.

Never mind. Real life...cooler.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
JaredXE said:
Wait, did they just try to insinuate that the Move can do FPS? Because I could have sworn a saw a generic WWII shooter in their list of game videos.

And what's with the Monchichi monkey-thing that was being groomed?
The Monkey thing is from a game called EyePet for the Eyetoy