Ben Affleck is The New Batman

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Wasn't there joke or fantasy casting or possibly a rumor in the early 2000's where Affleck was cast as Batman? I'm pretty sure there was.

Well, not it's real.

Maybe he'll also play the shark in the Jaws reboot.

DrunkenElfMage

Aug 17, 2011
... I actually like this, because I have NO idea how this is going to work out.

Watching WB put together this movie feels a lot like watching a 12 year old try to cook for the very first time,tossing ingredients together that are fantastic apart but have no idea that they will work at all in the long run. Like tossing marshmallows and potato chips in between slices of lasagna to toss in into a deep fryer.

It may not make sense now or even work in the long run, but dammit, now I wanna taste some deep fried Marshmallow Lasagna, just to know how it all ends up.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
There could be a worse pick. Michael Cera comes to mind. Not sure why I went straight to him, but it did...

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
I really feel like facepalming, because I wanted so hard that someone at warner would AT LEAST consider Karl Urban after watching his Dredd.

BUT, I too though it was a stupid idea to have Heath Ledger for the Joker before, and did not believe Tom Hardy could do a good Bane, and both proved me way wrong. Soooo, all I can do for now is bite the tip of my tumb and wait to see what happens now. I did like Man of Steel quite a lot, and DC characters were always my favorites, and more than that, freaking Zack Snyder never misses imo.
So bring Ben Affleck.

There's also that guy that was the stupid Human Torch in Fantastic Four, and did a convincing Steve Rogers. Guess I'll let myself open for new ideas.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I could think of worse actors for the job. I'm cautiously skeptical on this one but I do have some hope. Like others have said, I'm sure he can do Bruce Wayne, Batman will be tougher.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
StewShearer said:
Baresark said:
Meh, I'm open to it. He was in some real stinkers, but he has also had plenty of great films in his career. He has always been a mixed bag as far as acting is concerned. I think he'll do fine as the Dark Knight. Also, Daredevil gets way more bad press than it deserves. That movie was very good compared to a whole lot of other movies out there, to be honest. But it was a fine retelling of a classic Daredevil tale. In all honesty, the thing that stunk that movie up was how Bullseye was represented. Elektra was pretty well handled, but not the sequel... that movie was truly terrible.
My rebuttal:

And yes, Elektra blew.
I wouldn't say the movie was good(it has some real flaws), but in my eyes that rebuttal reminded me how much more fun Daredevil was/is than all the "gritty" super hero movies we've been getting.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Eh give him a chance, after all michael keaton did a good job at the role, as long as he does not try to copy bales throat cancer voice.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
orangeapples said:
There could be a worse pick. Michael Cera comes to mind. Not sure why I went straight to him, but it did...
Because Michael Cera is perhaps the worst actor you could possibly have playing Batman?

So bad that any woman could play BatMAN better than Michael Cera.

I don't like Michael Cera... he has the most punchable face.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
.......................................................................I suddenly want to cancel my preorder for Arkham Origins....

Seriously, was Val Kilmer not available? How about George Clooney and his Bat-Credit Card? I honestly think a little part of me died when I read this. Sorry to all the Ben Affleck fans out there (saying that just in case there ARE Ben Affleck fans out there), but I just can't stand the guy.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Please tell me this is an Onion post? Is it April 1 already? Please? anyone? This is a joke? Right?

Oh Gods!!! /sob

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
My very first thought was this:

<youtube=MeXQBHLIPcw&start=143&end=150>

...Guys, my brain is getting weird again. Make it staaaaahp! D:

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
I had to do a double take. I read this once, and thought I saw 'Ben Affleck as Batman'.

I thought...how silly, I must have misread. He's obviously been signed on as a new director...

Then I reread.

Oh god. The horror. The horror.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Considering how good Daredevil was, and the fact that Daredevil was a pretty similar character to Batman, it'll be a good fit.

Oh, and Daredevil is one of the most underrated Superhero movies ever.

Zeriah

Mar 26, 2009
I'm not automatically dismissive. Ben Affleck has done some damn fine acting in his career but he's also had some big stinkers. He has the potential to do both an excellent job and piss poor one. I guess I'll wait and see.

Mariahsyn

Nov 30, 2010
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Feel free to mash the button to your heart's content. It made me feel a bit better.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Does anyone else notice this is continuing a remarkable trend in the same actors constantly switching sides between Marvel and DC? All we need is Jessica Alba as Wonder Woman and the circle is complete.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010

I'd say something about how it would be better to wait and see how this turns out rather than freak about how Ben Affleck is going to personally burn every Batman comic and movie that's ever existed, but haters gonna hate.