Best anime?

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
There will be too many varying opinions for this to end successfuly, meaning there is no 'Ultimate' anime.

If the topic were to be about Favorite anime, then I could say Paranoia Agent and FLCL

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
idk. They cover so many genres and types...It's not possible to decide.

It's like deciding a BEST GAME EVER.

dsmops2003

Sep 23, 2009
Urotsukid&#333;ji : Legend of the overfiend <= i vote this because of just how wrong it is.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
It is quite impossible to say that there is any 'Ultimate' anime.
Every anime has it's merits and demerits.
Favourites are a different matter, however.
I quite like the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni animes...

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
No idea since there's so many of them.

And its been a long time since I watched an anime. (Besides Halo Legends)

LittleAmii

Mar 10, 2010
I'll put in my bid for The Ultimate Disturbing Anime with Cry of the Cicada.

Feel free to one up me, I need something new to watch. :)

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
dsmops2003 said:
Urotsukid&#333;ji
That's a low content post. With the way the Mods are cracking down lately, I would suggest adding the reason you chose it as the Ultimate Anime.

Just a suggestion.

Dec 14, 2009
You do know that "what is the best anime?" Isn't an objective question right?

My favs are as follows:
Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C, first and second GIG
Outlaw Star
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note (the first half of the series anyway)
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic
Love Hina
Chobits

oldmanwynter

Mar 1, 2010
If we can agree that there is no *best*, then my favorite would have to be The Boondocks. I say it counts because of the art style, not because of the "place of origin."

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
There really is just to much to decide. I doubt there's anyone who's seen every anime ever, which is what someone would need to do to make a judgement about something like this, especially because there are several bad enough to make the viewer's eyeballs melt or boring enough to induce comas.

My personal favorite anime is probably Tenshi no Tamago ("Angel's Egg"), which will likely never be released here because no one would buy it and the people who butchered it into part of "In the Aftermath" still own the rights. It's a deeply symbolic and extremely ambiguous art film directed by Mamoru Oshii with animation by Yoshitaka Amano. I has a uniquely beautiful visual aesthetic, almost no dialogue, and it's the kind of movie that you get something new out of every time you watch it because it can be interpreted in so many different ways.

I think that everyone can hopefully at least agree that MD Geist is, collectively, the second worst anime ever.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I would agree with everyone who says there isn't an ultimate anime, but One Piece is my favorite, it was the first anime I really started watching and I have loved every minute of it.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
dsmops2003 said:
Urotsukid&#333;ji : Legend of the overfiend <= i vote this because of just how wrong it is.
Too old, that has been outdone on a lot of levels. It's still a classic though.

That said my "favorite" varies, I can't think of any one anime that sticks in my mind as being "OMG it's so awesome" above the rest, and I've seen tons of it.

Silk_Sk

Mar 25, 2009
Hellsing "Ultimate" is the only good thing happening in anime these days. Every few months a new OVA comes out and I'm happy for another 45 minutes.

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
There really can't be an agreed upon "best anime" it's all a matter of opinion. My personal favourite anime is Naruto though.

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
Princess Mononoke - directed by Hayao Miyazaki
Sky Blue - directed by Moon Sang Kim (Korean)