Best Dragon Age 2 Class?

Drakenian

Jul 25, 2008
Well, it all depends on what you wanna do, really. I myself prefer the Sword and Shield Warrior, simply because I prefer my PC to be on the front lines and with an ungodly amount of health.

Second choice would be Bow Rogue. I mean, Jesus Christ, have you seen how much dps that class does? Yeah, the animations for firing are certainly not as flashy or gratifying as the mage or warrior or dual wield Rogue, but sweet mother of God is that bow strong as hell.

indiangrunt91

Aug 5, 2009
I only played warrior and rogue and out of those two i would definitely have to pick rogue.
The rogue just looks so badass, but the mage also looks awesome.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
mireko said:
Also, why did they not allow certain DX11 options in the demo? That just struck me as bizarre, why would they not want to show the game in the best possible light?
There's a reason the download is only 1.8 gigs :)

OT: I figured since I didn't like the rogue in Origins, I'd start with the rogue, then warrior then onto my personal favorite the mage. I was... very pleasantly surprised. Especially the flip-kick the smoke-bomb at peoples faces.

I've finished the warrior wasn't that crazy about it so.. onto the mage!

The real question though: Do I play Man-Hawke first so I can go after Cute Elfchick or Fem-Hawke and go after Cute Elfdude? And have a better VO. :p

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I'll be playing through the game once as each class, as I truly cannot decide on a favorite. I do know that I won't be playing as a sword/shield warrior, though. That's the most generic, boring build you can create in that game.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Drakenian said:
Well, it all depends on what you wanna do, really. I myself prefer the Sword and Shield Warrior, simply because I prefer my PC to be on the front lines and with an ungodly amount of health.

Second choice would be Bow Rogue. I mean, Jesus Christ, have you seen how much dps that class does? Yeah, the animations for firing are certainly not as flashy or gratifying as the mage or warrior or dual wield Rogue, but sweet mother of God is that bow strong as hell.
Yeah, the bow had a lot more weight to it this time around, which is great.

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
I always try the warrior first, and it looks like its going to be a lot better, but I was looking at the mage skills and they seem a little on the silly side. They'll probably still be doing nonsensical damage.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I have to agree that all three classes feel very substantial and engaging, which definitely wasn't the case in Origins. I'm generally a mage guy, but I felt rather drawn to the two-hand warrior. Even rogue, typically my least favorite class in RPGs, held tremendous appeal.

So yeah, I dunno what the hell I'm gonna play.

On second thought, probably rogue. Dual wield + haste will likely yield highest single-target DPS, and the toughest fights in these games always involve one big bad guy.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
According to some article I read.. pretty much everyone only played Warriors in the first game, so I would expect the same numbers. I played a Dwarf Rogue with my first playthrough and then a Blood Mage and I never finished DO:A with a Warrior.

For Dragon Age 2 I plan to make a Mage for my first play through. I am very impressed with the changes to how Mages operate.

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
Warrior for me. I tried all three, but rogues just don't fit my playstyle, and while the mage was alot of fun, I think that warrior is my choice.

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
godofallu said:
The dwarven rogue that you meet reminds me of Tyrion Lannister.
I thought exactly the same thing! Although, so far, I think Tyrion is far cooler.

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
It's a toss up between Warrior and Rogue. Rogue because of sheer awesome factor, combined with healthy doses of "Hey look I'm not a generally less useful warrior any more!"

Warrior because I like swords. And hitting people with swords.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
TrevorGruen said:
theComposer said:
I played mage in the first game and am happy to see that they still kick ass in DA2. When even the default ranged attack looks and feels badass, you know they did something right.
Hell yeah, flipping the staff around and throwing fire off it seriously looked kickass. I was very dissapointed by how many fewer spells there were than in origins. I hope i can still be a blood mage though.
You can. It was in footage on Gamespot. It was like... less than a second but I can confirm it, I saw blood mage in a full version being played by a Bioware Staffer while Mike Laidlaw was being interviewed.

Getting link to edit in.

OT: Mage will be best by the look of it. I'm still not sure if I'll play warrior first.

Update: Here is is. I'll find out exact time in a sec. 3:36 it says Blood Mage. You can also be a Spirit Healer, shown in the seconds leading up to the Blood Mage bit.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Mage, by far, they kicked ass in Origins and they only got faster and more physical in DA2.

Plus I beat the opening fight with the powered up Uber Hawke as a mage in under a minute, there's just something so satisfying about throwing a fire ball and just blowing up a group of darkspawn!

Rogue is a close second, they went from a slightly more squishy version of a warrior to freakin' Nightcrawler... awesome.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Mages with their AOE spells rape everything. Though i like shiny armor, so its either warrior or mage