Best/Favourate Anti-Zombie weapon?

starrman

Feb 11, 2009
Two wakizashis, a Benelli M4 Super 90, two Five-seveN USG pistols with laser sights, frag grenades. Anything else is clumsy, too heavy, overkill or a waste of ammo.

killerwhisk

Mar 2, 2009
Lawlz all are great ideas except your all missing around 2000 years of experience,

Sentinel beam except megasized, that or a halo... but if we aint allowed fake weapons ill take the US marines custom made 12 guage lancer/shotgun, german walther 2000, a handy magnum and just so im not screwed by finding scraps, ill take the myth busters team to boot

Bibbalo

Jul 28, 2004
Guns sound all well and good, and of course you don't want those nasty buggers getting close enough to ya to bite or scratch ya. Problem with guns when going against zombies is that they require ammo and zombies are most often limitless in number (take COD:WaW's Nazi Zombies for example). So I would say the best weapon to fight off zombies would be futuristic exo-skeleton armor and a sword (think Hellgate London for example). The armor would protect you from the zombies weak attacks, also it makes you stronger and quicker so that slicing through hordes of zombies is a piece of cake. A good defense can sometimes be the best offense.

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
A lawnmower. Or a chainsaw attached to the stump where my hand was. I had to cut it off because it was evil.

Two cool person points if you get the first reference.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Atvomat_Nikonov said:
ssgt splatter said:
Dark Crusader said:
090907 said:
a lawn mower
Why?
Kais86 said:
Street sweeper, AKA automatic shotgun.
That's a very good idea^^ Although the recoil'd be a *****.
tellmeimaninja said:
Ak-47 (world's best assault rifle, and of course, for close encounters, the crowbar.
Didn't the AK-74 replace the AK-47?
As for me, I'd rather have the Galil over the AK. But I've never used either, and am basing my prefrence solely on games(Galil appears to be more accurate over longer distances, but slow firing), I have no idea whether the games hold true to life or not. The XM8 looks to be the Assault rifle I'd pick if I had a choice though(and I'd much rather have a flak gun, it's my favourite gun out of all guns I've used in games).

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
Dude i'm not trying to shoot you down but in COD4 the AK 74 is a sub machine gun not an assult rifle. Don't get me wrong it's still a cool gun but i'd still take the AK 47 over the AK 74. To answer the question, minigun and as backup, Skorge's chainstaff from Gears 2

The ak-74 [http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as02-e.htm] is an assault rifle. On CoD4, the U [http://www.world.guns.ru/assault/as03-e.htm] variant was placed with the SMG's because it is very similar to an SMG. However, it still fires assault rifle rounds, making it an assault rifle but with the size of an SMG, perfect for close range.
OK dude thanks for telling me.

Mask of 1000 Faces

Feb 28, 2009
Shotgun. No question.

Granted your arms would probably hurt if you didn't have a little recoil control stock to go along with it, but seriously, no zombie I've ever seen can stand a headshot with a shotgun.

'Cept for those damn construction worker zombies from dead rising... damn those guys are a pain for the guns.

Moonmover

Feb 12, 2009
bmf185 said:
A lawnmower. Or a chainsaw attached to the stump where my hand was. I had to cut it off because it was evil.

The first reference was to "Braindead."

I cheated; someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. :p

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
any blunt object will do. they dont need ammo and they dont become dull. also maybe a G36, the collapsible stock is a nice feature

bmf185

Jan 8, 2009
Moonmover said:
bmf185 said:

The first reference was to "Braindead."

I cheated; someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. :p
Damnit, that movie must not be as obscure as I thought.

Mask of 1000 Faces

Feb 28, 2009
bmf185 said:

Damnit... I know the movie... but I can't for the life of me remember the name... curses!!!

*edit* nvm... someone posted it before me xD

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
longer range i would prefer some kind of rifle, doesnt matter what kind as long as ammo is plentiful nation wide

closer range a shotgun

hand to hand a tactical tomahawk, or some kind of axe/hatchet

McMo0^

Dec 21, 2007
Land Mines and a HMG. If i had to pop out for some reason... Shotgun with grenade launcher attachment (i'm sure i'd find a way) and a cricket bat. It really is the blunt weapon of choice.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Doomsday device would be a good one. Possibly a bit of collateral damage though, useful if everything goes tits up for you and your buddies though
A minigun would be quite cool, could have a mad max style thing going on

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
pretty much any gun from Future Weapons ( tv show ).
For melee, probably some kind of sabre or katana.