Best/Favourate Anti-Zombie weapon?

Sir Pysco Sexy

Nov 14, 2008
A Semi-automatic Carbine rifle. A silenced pistol for close encounters. A trench knife for even closer encounters.

ObadiahBlack

Sep 23, 2008
Straight from the Zombie Survival Guide, the Trenchspike.

In case you don't know (which I can't say I blame you), the Trenchspike was built like a Brass Knuckles with a downward pointing spike attached for a blade. Its primary use was in WWI Trench Combat, and designed to be stabbed downward into an opposing soldier's head.

I would LOVE to see/get a pair of these.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
It depends. Are we talking zombies that can run and can be fairly easily dispatched such as the ones in 28 days later or L4D? Or are we talking about the hardier, slower cousins from classic zombie movies?

In the case of the former, it depends on the scenario but generally I'd take a modern M1 carbine. It doesn't matter HOW angry you are, when you get hit with one of those you'll slow down substantially. If it's generally close quarters, I'd favor a shotgun of some variety - pump preferably since I don't trust the autoloading models when it comes to buckshot. If it's the latter variety, then I'd still take the shotgun, but I'd keep something longish and sharp handy. Since I don't imagine I'll have a chance to hit a renissance fair, I probably won't be able to get anything too gruesome, so I'd settle for a bat with a nail in it or an axe.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
So few people in this topic have read the Zombie Survival Guide. Such a shame, ah well, hopefully you'll live long enough to rectify this when the dead begin to rise.

I'll go with what the guide recommends, the M1 Garand with a combat shovel to back me up.

Dark Crusader

Sep 3, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
Dark Crusader said:
090907 said:
a lawn mower
Why?
Kais86 said:
Street sweeper, AKA automatic shotgun.
That's a very good idea^^ Although the recoil'd be a *****.
tellmeimaninja said:
Ak-47 (world's best assault rifle, and of course, for close encounters, the crowbar.
Didn't the AK-74 replace the AK-47?
As for me, I'd rather have the Galil over the AK. But I've never used either, and am basing my prefrence solely on games(Galil appears to be more accurate over longer distances, but slow firing), I have no idea whether the games hold true to life or not. The XM8 looks to be the Assault rifle I'd pick if I had a choice though(and I'd much rather have a flak gun, it's my favourite gun out of all guns I've used in games).

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
Dude i'm not trying to shoot you down but in COD4 the AK 74 is a sub machine gun not an assult rifle. Don't get me wrong it's still a cool gun but i'd still take the AK 47 over the AK 74. To answer the question, minigun and as backup, Skorge's chainstaff from Gears 2
The gun shown in Call of Duty 4 is the AK-74U. "The AKS-74U is a compact assault rifle, sometimes classified as a sub-machine gun with a folding stock and a shortened barrel that was produced in the Soviet Union from the 1980s to 1991. It was designed to be used by Pilots, Tank Crews and other echelons of the Soviet Army where a full-sized rifle was impractical for defense. In this regard, it is analogous to the German MP5. The AKS-74U fires a 5.45x39MM round, the same as the AK-74 from which it is derived. The AKS-74U is still a frontline weapon in Russia and it is still used by other former Eastern Bloc countries, as well as Soviet-Affiliated states. It is also used by Insurgent groups, although a rarity. The most infamous example of the later is Osama bin Laden, as one is frequently seen with or around the Al-Queda leader in his video addresses. Nicknames for the AKS-74U include Krinkov in English speaking countries and Ksyusha in Russian-speaking countries." - http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=callofduty3&thread.id=104743
Not trying to start a fight or anything, lol. You might be right, I wouldn't know, I've never paid much attention to guns, having no need for them.
*Edit* I haven't read the Zombie Survival Guide, It's something I've always meant to read too.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I would prefer to shuffle along with the horde and trick them into leaving me be, but assuming that I was in the mood for carnage... the old shoty gun. Note: if these are ghouls and not actually zombies, then a close range combat shotgun round to the head is far more fun.

Normeo

Sep 11, 2008
Kais86 said:
I repeat: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchisson_Assault_Shotgun 32 rounds and it will eat your chainsaw rocket alive. The US Army happens to agree with the ammo/weight ratio of this thing being appalling however it would be my weapon of choice as it would let me clear the immediate area ... well almost immediately.
Shotguns are great, fairly easy to use and good damage. The best weapon ever would be five or six good friends to watch your back and lay down suppressing fire.

SHOT TO THE HEAD, ZOMBIE BE DEAD!

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Dunno if this has been shown yet, but...

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/buffalo8639/Video%20Games/DMC/?action=view&current=EBONY_and_IVORY.jpg

In reality, I'd go with weapons I own and can use. Maybe a Bokken. Favorite weapon for killing zombies? Probably a .357 magnum revolver. The trouble is, most games don't show gun damage in any kind of realistic fashion. Fact is, a couple of Magnum bullets will take a head off/apart every bit as well as a shotgun.

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
this depends on the type of the zombie
if its a dawn of the dead zombie (a slow moving, stupid zombie but numerous) a shotgun
but if its a 28 days later (a fast moving, smart, zombie but few) several moltov cocktails

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
nickster1 said:
this is my boomstick!!

p.s cookie if you get quote
Isn't that the name of the achievement for killing 250 guys with a shotty in Army of Two? I might be wrong, since I know a lot of achievements adopt names from other mediums like movies and such.

Anywho, on to the question. If I could choose ANYTHING? I'd be rockin a MECH and mowing those bastards down. But since those don't exist..... :(

Guns run out of ammo.... close range weapons risk infection.... Hmmm.... Can't very well go without a weapon though, so I suppose I'd have to go with a 12 guage shotty, and Desert Eagle for some head exploding, and a katana.

Yeah yeah, I know. Typical. But if I'm gonna fight zombies, might as well try to have some fun.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
ObadiahBlack said:
Straight from the Zombie Survival Guide, the Trenchspike.

In case you don't know (which I can't say I blame you), the Trenchspike was built like a Brass Knuckles with a downward pointing spike attached for a blade. Its primary use was in WWI Trench Combat, and designed to be stabbed downward into an opposing soldier's head.

I would LOVE to see/get a pair of these.
My brother got a hold of one of those (despite the fact they are illegal in New York, much like every single other fun weapon.) and that is an excellent knife. But it might work better on the living than the undead. A wicked skull cracker, brass knuckles and a big ass blade, I'd hate to be at the receiving end of one of these.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Cricket bat and an Ipod with 'Don't stop me now'.

Stright from the reels of Shaun of the Dead.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

CoziestPigeon

Oct 6, 2008
Everyone who says shotgun will enjoy a long, slow death as the zombie infection slowly overtakes them.

Think about it. Shotgun = Blood Everywhere. If even a drop gets in your mouth, up your nose, in your eye, anything like that...you are fucked. Just because it's fun in video games, doesn't mean it will be a good idea when the real zombocalypse hits.

To add my opinion to this overdone thread, the most effective weapon would probably some sort of rifle.

Angelic-Dragon

Feb 24, 2009
Wilfy said:
A gun that shoots shruikens and lightning
Nice!

Zombiezzzz 'One spray keeps them away for hours'
Ahem.. my personal choice would be a melee weapon like a Sword or a Naganata no problems with running out of ammo that way. Would get damn tired though