Best game ever made.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
In my opinion the best game ever made is Super Metroid. Everything about that game is just perfect. The atmosphere, music, exploration, world design, combat, controls and graphics are simply fantastic, and it is still just as good to playthrough today as it was 18 years ago. Truly a game that will withstand the test of time forever.

So, fellow escapists, what in your opinion is the best game ever?

Edit: Should have wrote this earlier. I'm curious as to your personal best experience of a game ever. Not, the must be best game by default due to factors ect'.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Company of Heroes.

Not only was it's PC gamer's GOTY 2006, It has aged excellently. It's still incredibly beautiful and the gameplay is still as smooth and fun as it was 2006.

1eyedjack

Nov 26, 2012
I have a personal opinion, but I always hate these threads. If we have to take into account every game ever, including board and card games, then I'm sure that after a certain amount of time has passed, there will be a general consensus on one game that pleases no one in how the decision was reached. The Tetris answer is a great example of that.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Persona fucking 4! /thread!

I could write a huge essay over every single little faucet of the game but I have 10 minutes before I have to leave the house so i'll just say it has the single best mystery story ever with great characters, a huge 40/50/60 hour play time, sweet ass dungeon and boss designs and a fridge!

I think The Fridge is the Dark Horse of the entire game. Nobody expected it to be that popular.

Also Naoto is in the running for the best female character with a hat in fiction. In the running is also Noel Vermillion and Lana Skye.

I must have a thing for women in berets :3

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Great choice Charizard, Super Metroid is the first game I ever played that blew my mind. It's still one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played, and it's my first inspiration to create games myself.

I'm not really sure which to choose. I've been thinking of what my greatest gaming experiences are, a game that is great in more ways than one and have many amazing challenges or boss fights throughout the game. So far I'm leaning towards Half-Life 2 and Metroid Prime.

I really need to get around to playing Persona 4 since it's mentioned so often.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
wombat_of_war said:
best game every made.. you would have to look at something thats instantly recognisable by gamers and non gamers, something anyone can pick up and play, something that is played as much as the day it was first released..

personal opinion aside id say probably tetris would fit the bill
Why does it have to be recognisable for everyone? Something anyone can pick up and play? And played as much as the day it was released?

Sorry. I just thought most people would based the 'best' (not the greatest) by the experience itself. I'd rather see your personal opinion than Tetris, a simple game that has no WOW value.

Nazulu

Jun 5, 2008
wombat_of_war said:
Nazulu said:
wombat_of_war said:
best game every made.. you would have to look at something thats instantly recognisable by gamers and non gamers, something anyone can pick up and play, something that is played as much as the day it was first released..

personal opinion aside id say probably tetris would fit the bill
Why does it have to be recognisable for everyone? Something anyone can pick up and play? And played as much as the day it was released?

Sorry. I just thought most people would based the 'best' (not the greatest) by the experience itself. I'd rather see your personal opinion than Tetris, a simple game that has no WOW value.
it does have a wow factor.

its got crap graphics, simple game play and is addictive as all hell and has an audience from kids to grannies in their 90s.
that is amazing that its stood the test of time like it has
That's not what I meant mate. Also, what about all the other simple games that are very accessible to all ages?

C'mon, whats your personal opinion?

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Carmageddon, open levels, your choise on how to finish them and overall fun and carnage.

Serinanth

Apr 29, 2009
Hah,I just recently fired up Super Metroid the other day, it's definitely one of my favorites as well! Considering how often I go back to play the game it may just be my personal #1. But there are so many good games out there, already HL2 and Minecraft mentions which are both top notch in my book.

Captcha is advertising now? Screw you dish network!

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
SomeLameStuff said:
Persona 4. Persona 4 is the best game ever. EVER!

EVAAAAAAAAR!
Yeah, I was just about to say Golden is a work of art and nothing can surpass it, except a new Persona game.

On a more serious discussion I think its opinionated really. Different people like different games. I mean accoring to mass media COD an Halo are the most popular games lol.

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
Sonic 3 & Knuckles for the Sega Genesis. For those not in the know, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was the result of plugging the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge into the Genesis, then plugging the Sonic 3 cartridge into that and playing the resulting tower of plastic. Individually, the two games are great. Combined, however, you can play through all twelve zones as any of the three characters, PLUS a bonus thirteenth zone with an awesome final boss fight IN SPACE! It could just be my rampant nostalgia talking, but oh well.