Best game you have played this year?

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
LA Noire.
It was unlike any game I've ever played, and it had an awesome story and characters I actually cared about.
The soundtrack and overall style of the game were fantastic too.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
I'm going to have to go with either TF2 or Portal 2.

EDIT: No, wait. Sctratch the previous two, I'm going to have to go with Back to th Future: The Game :D

I love Back to the Future so much.

Leole

Jul 24, 2010
Piracy isn't stealing, mind you.

OT: Portal 2, InFamous 2, Mass Effect 2, Team Fortress 2 and God of War: Collection (although it was a massive cash grab stunt)

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
L.A. Noire or Mortal Kombat.

L.A. Noire because it was something very refreshing and a well constructed game.

Mortal Kombat because I happen to be a big fan of the franchise and it has overtaken MK: Deception as my all time favourite game in the series.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
X-Com: UFO Defense.

I bought it during the Steam Summer Sale, though I'd been playing it for quite some time before that. [small]I just wanted to make my ownership legitimate.[/small]

Hilariously enough, the Steam version doesn't work properly, whereas the, uh, non-Steam version does. I'm still glad I bought it.

Getting back on topic, the game itself is fantastic, it's absurdly satisfying. Considering I don't usually like games with bad graphics, turn-based gameplay and/or no plot, I think it really speaks to the game's quality that it has all three of these things, and I love it anyway.

K V MAN

Sep 20, 2010
well the year is not over so repost after new years or Armageddon (if your still alive) :)

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
I'll give this to several games.

Infamous 2, Sly 2, Valkyrie Profile 2, SMT Nocturne, and Ace Combat 4.

Too different to say one's better than the others.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Either Portal 2 or L.A. Noir. I've not actually bought that many games this year

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Vampire:The Masquerade-Bloodlines, really enjoyed the story and game play, need I say more.

Bobby_D

Jan 30, 2011
Prototype. I don't give a damn about the story (which was sub-par), that game was just FUN!

Also, I remembered WHY I love Bioware so much after playing through Mass Effect 2 again.

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
Stealthygamer said:
I've only bought 1 game this year, DA2. But if you include rentals than LA Noire
Oh damn, how the shit did you manage to pick the worst ~high profile~ game recently released to buy? What terrible luck.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Either:
- L.A. Noir
- Portal 2
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter
- Tropico 3
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Upcoming challengers:
- Deus Ex: Human Revolutions (big contender going by the preview version)
- Batman: Arkham City
- TES5: Skyrim
- Saints Row The Third (if I get to it)
- Uncharted 3
machblast said:
Oh damn, how the shit did you manage to pick the worst game recently released to buy? What terrible luck.
Except that it's not. You should really play a truly terrible game once. DA2 is not one of them, not even remotely.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Shadows of the Damned.
Alice; Madness Returns (for those who played the original it's a match made in heaven. It's also better because it includes the first one)
InFamous 2
Starcraft II

My top four so far. I can't wait to put Deus Ex and others on there.

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
Either:
- L.A. Noir
- Portal 2
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter
- Tropico 3

Upcoming challengers:
- Deus Ex: Human Revolutions (big contender going by the preview version)
- Batman: Arkham City
- TES5: Skyrim
- Saints Row The Third (if I get to it)
- Uncharted 3
machblast said:
Oh damn, how the shit did you manage to pick the worst game recently released to buy? What terrible luck.
Except that it's not. You should really play a truly terrible game once. DA2 is not one of them, not even remotely.
I admit, I exaggerated. I am fully aware of what constitutes a 'truly' bad game.

I was intending on adding 'high profile' to that, because that's an entire echelon of games above a river of shit. Everyone was expecting a good game and it turned out to be terrible.