best in-game item EVER.

Crystine

Sep 7, 2008
Morderkaine post=9.70933.710645 said:
Crystine post=9.70933.708477 said:
TheGhostOfSin post=9.70933.708421 said:
malestrithe post=9.70933.708406 said:
Phoenix Down. Capable of bringing back to life anyone.
Unless that person is called Aeris. XD
=[
NOT COOL DON'T REMIND ME! I tried every "cheat" on the internet to bring her back! xD
I know someone who managed to keep Aeris for the rest of the game- apparently she actually has extra abilities you can unlock at later levels if you can keep her. And yes he had to hack it. He also hacked several other games, including hex-editing them to use certain units during levels your arent allowed to, etc.
*drools*
I'd love you forever if you brought him to my house and made him get me Aeris.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
You can get her lvl 4 limit break before she dies. There's some serious level grinding involved there though. Besides, her first lvl 3 limit break is pretty much broken so who cares (everybody invulnerable for 3 minutes, wtf?!).

My nominee:
The Elvis painting from the spaceship (Fallout 2).

Either that or the harder to get and just as useless Red Ryder BBGun from the same game.
100 ammo and 1 damage per shot at mediocre range...
yay!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Any uber-refined weapon in Star Ocean 3. Sometimes it just feels good to wail on enemies for 120,000 damage per hit.

Piphchan

Aug 20, 2008
I'd say the Double Bow and Ragnell in Fire Emblem: RD and PoR;

The blue shell in Mario Kart games: it's a love/hate relationship and I don't think it's healthy...

Chicago Typewriter in Resident Evil 4

I agree with the Smash Ball in SSBB. First time I saw Ike's Great Aether I actually squeed. *hides*

SurferRosa

May 11, 2008
A scroll of Cure Blindness or potion of Cure Paralyzation from ADOM, humorous because they're utterly, utterly uselss (think about it).

Come to think of it, ADOM has the best item in any game: the Si. Stands for 'strange item', it's always found on a certain level of a certain dungeon in a game where almost everything else is random. You pick it up and chuck it into your inventory, and after a while you notice you have two. Then three. Then five. It replicates by (I believe I'm correct, haven't played in a while) the Fibonacci sequence, leading you to speedily end up with a LOT of useless sis.

I say useless, there are a few ways you can use this behaviour to your benefit. You can sell the sis for potentially unlimited money, which you can then sacrifice at an altar to get crowned by your god (many benefits) and, as they're artifacts and thus cannot be destroyed or damaged, you can use them to attack nasty creatures like rust monsters and jellies that would otherwise damage your weapons. Tis an example of the magic of ADOM that folk have spent time finding out uses for this crappy item.

King wiL

Jul 28, 2008
TheGhostOfSin post=9.70933.708421 said:
malestrithe post=9.70933.708406 said:
Phoenix Down. Capable of bringing back to life anyone.
Unless that person is called Aeris. XD
Or Lavitz in Legend of Dragoon. although as we all know in rpgs your characters arent killed in battle they're knocked out so revival is possible lol

Fightbulb

May 14, 2008
The maulers (is that what they were called?) from Perfect Dark, mini-chainsaws from Dead Rising, the green gun.. thing from Alien Hominid (that's honestly the best description I could think of), the rat in Comix Zone, and the silenced MP5 in COD4. And the helicopter in GTA4, if that somehow counts as an item.

Edit: the flying sheep and banana bombs from Worms.

Slashe

Jun 10, 2008
Oh comeon, people, I'm a little disappointed in you guys.....

Remember fallout 2?

Fallout 2 hint book
Weight: 1
Price: 50

Description:
Well, THIS would have been good to have at the beginning of the goddamn game.

jiffmcgriff

Mar 24, 2008
The Gelornator from Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, this beast effectively shoots trampolines, this makes it the stuff of legends. That and the Groovitron, nothing says adorable than a formation of miniature robotic space commandos dancing in unison. Other than that I'd say Samus Aran's grappling hook in every incarnation and the minigun on the helicopter in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Oh and the Warthog in Halo, and the napalm grenades. Also Silent Hills radio, I was never sure if I appreciated the warning more than I loathed the increased tension brought by that thing. The stealth camouflage from MGS also deserves an honourable position here. I'll stop now.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I'd love you forever if you brought him to my house and made him get me Aeris.
http://www.qhimm.com/jenova.zip

Jenova editor for the PC version, iirc, you can re-add Aeris to your party even after she's dead. So...your place or mine? ;D

sokimit

Sep 10, 2008
picalo of flaming fire-from world of warcraft
fun little trinket that caused anyone in your general area to burst into dance. needless to say i would use it during 40 man raids to get every dancing. it used to piss them off so much XD

Mostly Harmless

Aug 11, 2008
peanut gun- donkey Kong 64
Gravity Gun- Half Life
BFG- Doom (I just love the name)
Grappling Hook- Bionic Commando

mtk2a

Sep 11, 2008
MANASTONE from EverQuest.

Absurdly rare, only spawned in the very earliest period of the game's existence, gives casters the ability to convert HP to mana, invaluable.