Best intro for any game ever?

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Left 4 Dead. I never get tired of that video and I love the fact that it tells you everything you need to know about the gameplay; Avoid the Witches, Tanks are really fucking hard to kill, don't piss off the horde, and above all, work together. Pretty much sums up the whole game in one short video.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Tonimata said:
I used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Tales of Symphonia intro.

Most epic music everrrr

On the other hand, ToS 2 sucks.
BADLY!!
I like yoooou.

Alot of RPG's (Tempted to incline toward JRPG's here) have Epic intros regardless of the content being good or bad, but all games want to make an amazing impression on the player straight off the bat, so thats why alot of Intro's are awesome.

Baten Kaitos 1: Fixed Intro was so good, there was a version that was horribly acted, and it turned alot of people away from it, then like 2 weeks before release they fixed it with a few professional voice actors and it was amazing how much more cool it looked. The game itself was a bit slow and the acting in game had some recording problems, but it was very sound...good ideas. If only it hadn't been on the gamecube (sad to say, I was a cube child, but I'd rather have seen this franchises idea's flourish on a system with a wider audience)

Necrith

Feb 13, 2008
The burning crusade

you could say "any intro made by blizzard" in my opinion
that stuff makes me get goosebumps before going into the game.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
The start for Metal Gear Solid4: Guns of the Patriots was pretty amazing for me with the crazy, whacky Japanese commercial workout thing. It made me lawl.
Though, for me the winner would be Medal Of Honour: Pacific Assault. The intro for that, with being shelled, and going back to boot camp weeks earlier I thought was just absolutely awesome.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
I'm sort of torn between the introduction to Kingdom Hearts 2 and Tekken 2. KH as it's one of the most beautiful anime CGI openings I've seen anyway and the soundtrack fits it perfectly, whilst Tekken 2 intro seems to give on an aura of "Let's get ready to rumble!," something which any fighting game needs.

But then again, I play JRPG's and Fighting games, so my views may not be extremely valid.

Spanky4242

Jul 6, 2009
Kane and Lynch. or the godfather in no other do you see your dad get epically shot with 2 tommy guns.

SousukeSeg

Oct 17, 2008
I enjoyed the Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver intro just because I love how they got Raziels voice to do the narrating and Soul Reaver 2 which was actually a remake of the ending from Soul Reaver one in cinematic high def, also the God of War wtf intro in which the main character dies from the start of the game that left me feeling "hold on! is my reword for finishing the game gonna be suicide? noooooooooooo!" but then I find out that you become a god in which I said "now that is how you reword a player!" might as well mention God of War II just because you see your main character on his bad a$$ seat of power with a few concubines; another would be Prince of Persia SoT that has a mistic story telling feel to it that comes full circle at the end of the trilogy; Psychonauts was nice cuz it was never a dull moment from intro to finish; inFamous since it starts out with a bang, hehe get it, bang!... I thought it was funny; also Overlord one and II... that's all I can think about right now.

Dr Mango

Diabolic Fruit PhD
Jul 2, 2009
Onimusha 3, the guy survives a goddam explosion to the face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WdvfQFgFyk

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
War has changed.

It's not about nations, or ideologies.
It's not even about profit, resources, or ethnicity.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by mercenaries and machines.

War, and its vast consumption of human life,
has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction.

War has changed.

ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons,
use ID-tagged gear.

Nanomachines inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Genetic control.. Information control..
Emotion control.. Battlefield control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

War has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction.

And he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

War has changed.

When the battlefield is under total control,

war... becomes routine.
DAMNIT, STOP MOCKING ME ABOUT NOT GETTING METAL GEAR SOLID 4!!!

Incidently, i believe soul reaver 1 to have the best intro i've ever seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFiLNc46jAM