Best "Non Final Fantasy" JRPG Ever?

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Eldarion said:
tanis1lionheart said:
Mr. Mortiss said:
Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona.
And don't forget, MegaTen series...as a whole.
^This, seriously why is everyone bothering to still post after this gets put up? XD

I kid, but yhea the persona series are my favs. Along with disgaea.
Disgaea really isn't a 'JRPG', it's a SRPG or TRPG.
:D

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
In case my avatar isn't enough to tip you off...

From the magic system, the way attacks worked, the way Limit Breaks were changed from a super attack to something inherent in equipment (extra dimension to strategy), the excellent puzzles, the amazing music, and, most importantly, a truly epic story finished with the best ending Ive ever seen in a videogame. It remains the one game that managed to pull of a plot twist (that wasn't just an ass-pull) that I didn't see coming.

Amyler

Nov 17, 2009
was ninjaed on all points, but damned if I won't say 'em anyway.

The World Ends With You,
Golden Sun/ The Lost Age
Pokemon in general.

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
The SMT series takes itself and its audience seriously, which is rather refreshing.

Golden Sun series. Here's hoping that the third game is great.

Tales of the Abyss is also a great game, especially in the Tales series. It deals deeply with the subject of personal identity and one's place in the world. It actually works out very well. Some parts seem a bit emo, but it works in this game.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
tanis1lionheart said:
Eldarion said:
tanis1lionheart said:
Mr. Mortiss said:
Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona, Persona.
And don't forget, MegaTen series...as a whole.
^This, seriously why is everyone bothering to still post after this gets put up? XD

I kid, but yhea the persona series are my favs. Along with disgaea.
Disgaea really isn't a 'JRPG', it's a SRPG or TRPG.
:D
Wait it isn't? So is final fantasy tactics a jrpg? Whats a SRPG/TRPG? Are you making this up?:O

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Eldritch Warlord said:
The second generation Pokémon games. That would be Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
That. Especially since they introduced the most badass pokemon there is: Houndoom.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
if you have never played this u should try summon night swordcraft story games. they are not my favs though....
i don't really have a favorite but kh is in the top tier of preferred games chrono trigger was epic but lets get off of square enix/soft ass and thing of a game outside of the box guys

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Georgie_Leech said:
In case my avatar isn't enough to tip you off...

From the magic system, the way attacks worked, the way Limit Breaks were changed from a super attack to something inherent in equipment (extra dimension to strategy), the excellent puzzles, the amazing music, and, most importantly, a truly epic story finished with the best ending Ive ever seen in a videogame. It remains the one game that managed to pull of a plot twist (that wasn't just an ass-pull) that I didn't see coming.
email to me ur gam so i remeber to check it out later dude. it sounds great!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Eldarion said:
tanis1lionheart said:
Disgaea really isn't a 'JRPG', it's a SRPG or TRPG.:D
Wait it isn't? So is final fantasy tactics a jrpg? Whats a SRPG/TRPG? Are you making this up?:O
Yes, FFT = S/TRPG or Strategy Role Playing Game or Tactics Role Playing Game.

It has to do with how you play the game, the way the battle system is made really.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
tanis1lionheart said:
Eldarion said:
tanis1lionheart said:
Disgaea really isn't a 'JRPG', it's a SRPG or TRPG.:D
Yes, FFT = S/TRPG or Strategy Role Playing Game or Tactics Role Playing Game.

It has to do with how you play the game, the way the battle system is made really.
The defining trait is the battle system? Not the fact that they are Japanese role playing games? Doesn't that sound a little backwards?

Bah, arbitrary terminology sucks. I'm gonna call them.........uh.......I don't know.