Best quote from a game?

icame

Aug 4, 2010
There are many quotes from movies that even the most causal of film-goers with know, from "Luke,I am your father" to "You talkin' to me?" to Dirty Harry's whole speech at the end of the movie. I'm sure many of you have heard memorable quotes from games as well, and I'd like to know what they are.

My contribution will be a massive ninja from many potential posters. My favorite quote from a game is basically Andrew Ryan's speech at the beginning of bioshock.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I loved the quote from a gas station attendant in Mafia 2: "I mean, who wouldn't want to be a voice actor?"
Someone had fun writing and reading that.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
I'll get in early then, couple of favourites

"Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea..."" HK-47 KotOR

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it." Atton Rand (easter egg line) KotOR II

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
"From where you're sittin', looks like you had an 18-Karat run of bad luck...but the truth is...the game was rigged from the start. *blam*"

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
SonofaJohannes said:
Would this count as a quote?
No, it counts as the stuff from my nightmares

OT: A bit long, but I like Bishop's monologue at the end of NWN2
Bishop Monologue
My debit to you is over Knight Captain. Don?t think this has anything to do with you. It doesn?t. But your uncle, he poisoned everything right from the start. You, I respect, but ol' Duncan... He just can't leave well enough alone sometimes. You see Duncan, he save my life once. Found me outside my burning village; nothing but dead Luskin all around. Thing is, I was the one who burned that place to the ground, and I didn?t want any witnesses. Then Duncan comes along, right when I was wounded, barely holding on, and I can?t do anything to silence him. That?s it really, nothing complicated, just settling debits that never should have been made. It was part of an initiation ceremony into a Luskin assassination squad, like ol' Lorrne once was. It's something they order all new recruits to do, whether they want to or not. And I don't care for that too much. You see, they order you to slaughter a Neverwinter village as part of the initiation ceremony. I decided to take care of two problems at once, and I chose my own. You see, for every West Harbor that gives rise to someone like you... Someone great.... there's a hundred of me, that end up going down the other path. And my village,... not worth talking about, it doesn?t even deserve to survive. So when they ordered me to destroy a village of my choosing, I saw a chance to kill the Luskins, and kill the place that helped make me the fine, upstanding man you see before you... all as a fortunate accident. I was going to burn the village to try and kill the Luskans who were watching over me. It was a trap... but those villagers, those fools, they wouldn't leave when I told them to, so they died too. I set a bunch of fire around the perimeter, let it all come circling in, and they all burned, like sheep trapped in a corral. I told them to leave, to run, but they wouldn't leave their houses, especially when I told them, so they deserved to die right along with the Luskins watching me. I took a few arrows, had some wounds, and to be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to get out of there alive. I was to weak to fight back, but it didn't matter, because for the first time, I felt all these chains come off of me. I felt free at last, but then Duncan came along right at the end, tying me to that place, tying me to Luskin, tying me to the past. He saved my life, and then he said I owed him - in that stupid joking voice of his, but I knew what he meant, he was blackmailing me with what he knew. Then he called his debt due, and that debt was to help you. And I had to do it, else he would have told everyone that I was at that village.. and then the Luskins would have come looking for me. I don?t like obligations like that. Or obligations like you.

Also "Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest son of a ***** in space!"

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was playing Dragon Age: Origins the other day and I found this one from Morrigan to be particularly amusing:
"I can be friendly if I desire to be. Alas desiring to be more intelligent does not make it so."

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
Gothic 2, when you are talking to the... fire dragon, i think
Dragon: "blabla, something about lowly mortals, blabla" - "Ich bin nicht nur gekommen um dich zu sehen. Ich fürchte, ich hatte etwas Radikaleres im Sinn!" (eng: I didn't come to just see you. I'm afraid I had something more radical in mind!)

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Portal seems to be among the most quoted games, so I'll skip that. However lately I have used this Wheatley quote several times: You might have slight brain damage, but don?t be alarmed. Although if you do feel alarmed, then try to hold on to that feeling, because that is the proper reaction to being told that you have brain damage.

Spectral Dragon

Jun 14, 2011
"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." -- Nazara/Sovereign, Mass Effect

I believe I ninja'd a few there...
That quote always gives me goosebumps.

Jur1

May 4, 2011
"Look at your fingernails, they're a breeding ground for micro-orgasms"
Factory worker, Beneath a Steel Sky

thepj

Aug 15, 2009
My favourite has to be from Infamous 2, the mission where you and Zeke are trying to move the nuke to the docks:
"Stop shooting the thermonuclear missile ya dumb hicks!"

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
"If olive oil comes from olives then where does baby oil come from?"
Random citizen in L.A. Noire

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
I love the monologue by Arthas's father in the first WoW: WotLK cinematic trailer where Arthas is raising the dragon.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
"Did you look at a tombstone and think to yourself "THIS is the most significant thing I'm ever going to do with my life?"" From Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I forgot who said it. It was some NPC you had to protect.

Knife

Mar 20, 2011
You'd find that Lady Luck was really a hooker, and you were fresh out of cash.
- Max Payne