Best RTS?

SleeperAwake

Jun 16, 2009
Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge. Fun like hell(in a good way) but I always need to disable superweapons or i'll get my arse whoopt.

Schnippshly

Mar 6, 2009
THIS TOPIC IS COMPLETELY OPINION-BASED
There can be no best RTS because it'd have to please everyone in the whole world.
I like Starcraft and Warcraft 3 because their player-made multiplayer maps can be really fun and crazy. When it comes to actually playing an RTS like it should be, I'd rather play Dawn of War and Company of Heroes.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
I really enjoy Age of Mythology...even though I suck at it and can only beat it on easy. That's depressing.
That or Red Alert 2 because I managed to beat one campaign level despite having lost everything except the Barracks.

SleeperAwake said:
Red Alert 2: Yuri's revenge. Fun like hell(in a good way) but I always need to disable superweapons or i'll get my arse whoopt.
I agree with this statement too, I never saw the point of superweapons...I was too busy being engie rushed or destroyed by a massive army of tanks.

Gyrefalcon

Jun 9, 2009
I love Age of Empires, too. But I will concede that Starcraft is prettier and has a lot of staying power. Just not my favorite setting. ^-^

Agrosmurf

Mar 31, 2009
I know I'm going to sopund pants-on-head retarded when I say this but I would consider Halo wars the best RTS I have ever played. Why you may ask? Well it;s the only Console RTS I have ever playes. And the only computer RTS I have ever played was a free FLASH one.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
World in Conflict, but not with a long shot, Company of Heroes comes really close. The reason for this is primarly the controlls. It's easiest thing in the world to manoeuver quickly with WASD and mouse (yes I'm a FPS player). Then theres the usual stuff: Good story, excellent characters - voicework, swedish-made, great multiplayer and the nukes.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
pedal2000 said:
Played it. Loved it.
Total Annihilation still blows it out of the water. Hands down.
Amen, brother. Total Annihilation was an absolutely incredible game, and, though Starcraft was really good, TA was definitely the better of the two.

For present-day RTSes, I gotta go with Sins of a Solar Empire. It might be a bit slow, in comparison to other RTSes, but it's grand scope makes other games seem terribly pale.

Also, Company of Heroes makes me happy in ways I can't really explain. Such a great game.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Starcraft, definitely. If Starcraft 2 is only half as balanced it's going to cause insanely grand things. Starcraft 1 + new graphics = profit.

Kaneman

Jul 21, 2009
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun

I think those 3D versions of RTS's are not so good as the good old ones as Tiberian Sun.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
SakSak said:
Starcraft.

Despite being so old, it is one of the best balanced RTS games out there and is just so deep when it comes down to strategy aspect of the game. DoW 1 comes fairly close in my opinion, but the balancing issues bring it down.

Total War - series deserves an honorary mention.
that and Rise of Nations, but I seem to be alone usually with that one

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Kit Fox said:
Starcraft, it has the best campaign editor that I've seen in an RTS as well as balanced gameplay and online play that is extremely varied
i agree, Starcraft is incredible.

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
I haven't played a ton of the genre, but for me the battle for middle earth games never got old

jazzmansam

Feb 26, 2009
The best RTS I've ever played is a nearly forgotten gem called Sid Meier's Gettysburg. It was beautifully designed, beautifully executed. The AI is better than most big-budget strategy games now. Eleven years hasn't done much to diminish its win factor.