Best Sequels you've played

AlexanderAstartes

Afternoon Delight
Jan 1, 2008
I'll throw in another couple:

Disciples II, took everything that made the first game amazing, added new units, races and a massive set of campaigns (with expasions as well).

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, I loved Arena and Daggerfall (wish I could find them somewhere, having broken my copy Daggerfall a few years ago). They were amazing RPGs, but the size, quality and sheer possiblity of Morrowind was amazing. Except the Cliff Racers. I HATE Cliff racers...

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
Diablo 2, Master of Orion 2. Old, but both massive improvements over their respective precursors, which were both good games in their own right.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Fallout 2
Heretic 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale 2
Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail (Larry 7)

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Plenty:

- Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
- Doom II
- Soul Reaver (Though I prefer Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain)
- Illusion of Gaia ("sequel" to Soul Blazer)
- Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2)---> (yeah, if you haven't guessed yet... the Japanese don't actually make "sequels"... but still)
- Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty (or The Battle for Arrakis)
- Resident Evil 2 & 4
- Diablo II
- MGS 2, 3, and 4
- CoD 4
- Super C (Contra III: Alien Wars was better though)

I could go on.... Lots of good sequels out there.

P.S.
pantsoffdanceoff said:
[b/]Worst Sequel[/b]: George Bush -> George W. Bush
BOOOO...

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
LilGherkin said:
No one has said this yet surprisingly so I get to be original and say Team Fortress 2.
Team Fortress classic was the better game sorry to say, and even that mod Fortress Forever for the PC is better, in fact Valve should of made that team fortress 2.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Sequels are funny things. Some are more "new installments" than real sequels, having far too little in common with the previous installment to be able to call it a real sequel- you can hardly describe Metroid Prime as the "sequel" to Super Metroid. Spin-offs and "spiritual sucessors" are also not sequels, otherwise I'd consider Samurai Warriors to be the best sequel to Dynasty Warriors, when it's actually a new series. And some games are kind of hard to evaluate as sequels simply because the original went so far under the radar it virtually doesn't exist- most people consider Street Fighter II to be its own game because, well, how many people played the original Street Fighter? (I have, it was rubbish.) Plus I only count games where I've actually played the previous installment, oitherwise I can't really judge how well the sequel compares directly to its predecessor.

That said, my favourite sequels are:

*Shadow Hearts Covenant
*Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
*Final Fantasy VIII
*The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
*Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
*Super Metroid
*Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
Don't know if it can be classified as a sequel but Empire Total War is probably the best. Couldn't find any flaws(gameplay-wise not bugs/glitches etc, which were eventually fixed ).

Zeidrich2004

Jun 30, 2009
Going a bit retro here, but the Crash Bandicoot games just got better from one through three. I don't count anything afterwards, though... Heheh

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Well the first Transformers was such a load of shit, that once figured out the controls for the second one, I realized that there was a genuine game inside that was fun. So for best improvement from original to sequel I say Transformers.