Best thing your country ever did.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Yahtzee lives here. You think you can compete with the man who probably brought you (Yes, you!) here in the first place?

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
Canada, most of the important things have been taken...how about been one of the only nations to stand up against the Rwandan Genocide ( L Gen. Romeo Dalliare), Bone Marrow Compatibility Test, IMax, Standard time, walkie-talkies

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Mucinex-D said:
Karathos said:
Well, eh. One thing does spring to mind!

I'm a history buff and even I didn't know about that...
My mind... blown has it been.

I do remember hearing about it a bit. How the Finnish soldiers could move quickly across the ground due to their equipment while other soldiers had to trek through the snow. That along with their amazing hit and run tactics decimated invading forces. Though I may be thinking of another country.
Heh, sounds about right. It's not the biggest conflict in the world, but it secured Finland its independence, so it's without a doubt the most important thing my country every did - because without it, obviously, Finland might not have been Finland anymore <.<

selce

Nov 27, 2007
unoleian said:
KiruCookie said:
What in the world is that concoction? It looks like deep-fried chicken fried chicken with fried bacon.

It's almost divine...

its two fried chicken breasts with bacon and cheese in the middle of it, more cholesterol and fat than a deep fried tub of lard but damn are they tasty

Zaldin

Sep 28, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_inventions_and_discoveries

Pick whichever one you like =D!

Going with CD myself, since music.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
selce said:
unoleian said:
KiruCookie said:
What in the world is that concoction? It looks like deep-fried chicken fried chicken with fried bacon.

It's almost divine...

its two fried chicken breasts with bacon and cheese in the middle of it, more cholesterol and fat than a deep fried tub of lard but damn are they tasty
Known to friend and foe alike as the KFC Double Down sandwich or: "How to Go From Junior Bantamweight to Heavyweight the Easy Way!"

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
...Can I say ACDC (in a completely non-suggestive way) or is that an American band.

Also, we seem to have the most poisonous of almost everything and I have heard of giant earthworms and jellyfish that rip blue bottle stingers off and use them as flails....Although they're examples of wildlife so I'm not sure they count.

selce

Nov 27, 2007
SimuLord said:
selce said:
unoleian said:
KiruCookie said:

It's almost divine...

Known to friend and foe alike as the KFC Double Down sandwich or: "How to Go From Junior Bantamweight to Heavyweight the Easy Way!"
sure makes me proud to be from kentucky!

Master_Corruptor

Jan 14, 2009
We repelled the nazi's by guerilla warfare and aided in the sinking of the Blücher.

You guessed it... Norway =)

*edit*
OH... and we made Age of Conan, Anarchy Online and Dreamfall amongst others :p

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
The only best thing my country ever did was invent several important discoveries, and I live in Hong Kong.

Iffypop

Apr 2, 2008
Plazmatic said:
mb16 said:
Plazmatic said:
Us (were I am from) invented the internet..

auto-win

none of you would be able to post here if it wasn't for the united states scientists!
(British guy Tim Berners-Lee not the usa)

OT: usa, canada, australia? (we kinda 'made' them)

also what are we speaking....
no actually you are wrong.. he is not British (well technically he was), the moment he became a citizen of the united states and had residency, he became known as an american, which was far before he made the internet. Disagree? well then, all the big achievements made by the united states belonged to other countries then, except those made by Native Americans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
Born 8 June 1955 (age 54)[1]
London, England[1]
Residence Massachusetts, USA[1]
Nationality British
Education The Queen's College, Oxford
Occupation Computer Scientist
Employer World Wide Web Consortium and University of Southampton
Known for Inventing the World Wide Web
Title Professor
Religion Unitarian Universalism
Parents Conway Berners-Lee, Mary Lee Woods

From that wikipedia page you linked us to, 4th line says, and I quote: "Nationality: British"

This means he is British, not American. Just throwing that out there for you.

Bradd94

Nov 16, 2009
Furburt said:
Beat the biggest army in the world with a force of 3000 men, and secured full independence from Britain within 2 decades. Go Ireland!

We also brought some of the greatest poets, writers and artists to the world, and exported our winning formula all over the globe. Wink Wink.
Full Independance, huh. Northern Ireland Furburt. I'm not condoning what we English did, I'm just saying the Irish haven't taken everything back.

OT: England's greatest accomplishment.... hmmm. Getting rid of Tony Blair?