Best unscripted gaming moment you've had . . .

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Best random moment I had was in Star Wars: Battle Front. I was a Dark Trooper and was playing on the Endor against the Ewoks. Right as I turn a corner an Ewok pops out, goes "Yaaaah!" and gets shotgunned in the face. Best. Kill. Ever.

Course there was also the moment where I stepped on my own Grenade. Forgot I threw it there.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
In fallout 3, I came across a dozen dogs in one area (trust me, i checked the bodies afterwards).

Armed with my trusty baseball bat, I was victorious!

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
In RDR, I was being chase by a bandit after capturing the Boss and I managed to shoot the horse. The horse felled and the man landed headfirst into a pile of rocks killing him.

Never in my life did I laughed so hard.

Oh, but here one from GTA IV.

I remember that I hit a guy and he dropped a latte cup. A cop came over with his gun drawn. I picked up the cup and tossed it at the cop who drop to the ground shooting his gun. I climb a chain fence and ran to an abandon car, jack it and ride out of there.

geezah91

Feb 17, 2010
Easily had to be playing World at War campaign with my friend. We got to Downfall on Veteran and in the main hall we decided that I would snipe from the balcony and he would proceed on foot to draw their attention. After some intense fighting and ridiculous shots (Never before had I enjoyed shooting the gas cylinders on the flamethrowers so much) we cleared the room. As we waited for the mission to progress, we looked around taking in our glorious slaughter. It was then that I discovered the only remains of an unfortunate soldier who had been close to a gas cylinder explosion: 2 feet perfectly parallel and spaced apart. I pointed it out to my friend and said, "Oh look, a foot soldier". Needless to say we died repeatedly in the next section while laughing at that.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Fallout 3. I was hunting Behemoths, and had killed all but one left in Takoma Park. I was high level, with good armor and weapons. The Fat Man I brought with me specifically meant for the elder Super Mutant. I flip on my Pip-Boy 3000's radio, and find the song "Mighty, Mighty Man" by Roy Brown. I start fighting through the Mutants, finding the Behemoth soon. I level the Fat Man in V.A.T.S. mode, firing the shot just as the song finishes, to the last lyrics "Yeah, I?ll stay on the job, until the job is done". The song ends just as the Behemoth is killed in a mini-nuke cloud. It was the BEST moment I had with that game.

hotsauceman

Jun 23, 2011
The reason me and my friends kept playing halo 3 years after(other then just being with my friend) were the hilarious deaths. Not sure if that counts as unscripted though.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Oh, got another one. Just Cause 2.

I was bored and messing around in an airfield. In this airfield, a plane spawns in the hanger, taxi's out onto the runway, then accelerates and takes off. And this is the BIG fighter jets I'm talking about. What I like to do is jump on them, place a couple of Triggered Explosives on the wing, jump off and wait. As soon as the plane starts to accelerate for take-off, I trigger the explosives. I make sure never to put enough to destroy it completely, just enough to set it on fire. If timed right, the plane takes off, and explodes in mid-air. Another plane spawns, repeat.

One time, however, I was going back to the hanger to wait for another plane to spawn when the pilot's body crashed down right in front of my eyes! The plane had taken off and gone straight up in the air before blowing up, and the pilot had just kept going for a while before falling back to Earth!

Manatee Slayer

Apr 21, 2010
I remember a friend and I got headsets so we could play Battlefield 2142 properly. It was near the end of the game, both titans had their shields down, everyone was defending so it was all about the missile silos. Each team had an equal amount so we decided to go out in our two man squad and sort it out.

After crash landing at a silo, I survived and he died. I pressed on, I killed two snipers who were firing at me and started to take the silo, The commander must have been watching as he lay down supplies...too far away for me to actually be healed or re-supplied...but still, nice effort.

As I made the silo neutral a tank rolled up, all I could do wa run away and hide behind the supplies, he couldn't have saw me as he just sat there, still facing the supply crate but not firing.

I scream into my mic "I need some help here, I have a bit of a problem at the silo". At that moment, an enemy UAV started to fly overhead and almost instantly I started taking fire. As a last ditch effort I shouted into the mic "I'm about the die, HELP!".

I come out from the supply crate, about to run toward the tank, trying to find a bit more refuge around the silo.

Suddenly, I see four rockets smack against the side of the tank, causing it to explode. Twenty feet above the tank an attack helicopter sweeps over and I hear "Don't worry, I've got your back", my friend came through and saved my ass.

I took the silo and eventually brought down the enemy titan.
All of this happened in the space of about thirty seconds, but it's one of those things that seemed like it lasted ten minutes.

In the next game, I was the commander, my friend was sitting at a missile silo, alone, under pretty heavy fire. I drop a supply crate, I realise that it goes a little bit up and to the side when falling so I aim it accordingly so that it wasn't miles away.

Ill be honest...I hit him with it...and I got kicked from the server for team killing.

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
In halo reach, I was trying to kill an elite, so I got out of my warthog, and chased it...

It then hopped on the turret, and killed me.
That's happened to me more then once, I believe. You're not the only one.

I'm sure I've had a lot of them, but most I don't remember, as they were probably late at night playing online with my friends.

I remember one time in WoW though, like a year or so back when I was really into it, I got my two friends in RL that were big console gamers to come and try it out. They ended up liking it and played with me on a PvP server.

One day, though, they were level 41 and doing stuff in the Hinterlands when these two level 50's started hounding them. They whispered me asking for help while dodging these guys and avoiding death. I was able to arrive in the knick of time from the Undercity, and slay them both, saving my friends from a grueling death.

Think I'm gonna go play WoW now.

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
I have a similar one to that WoW one, also about a year ago with my RL friend. I was on my 80 hunter, he was levelling a warrior in Borean Tundra, about level 71.
My server was alliance dominated to I was being his 'bodyguard' while queueing for random dungeons.
At one point I could see two allies coming towards him on the map. (hunter tracking ftw!) It was a gnome and a night elf. They started attacking him, I casually walked over and fired an arrow in each of their faces, 1 hit kill on each. I don't think they knew I was with him. :p

I had so many in Carmageddon as well! I was driving around the map when I heard a scream so I watched the replay. I'd driven into a pine tree, the tree had flown up in the air and came straight back down onto an old lady. XD

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
In SSB melee, I, as captain falcon, had a one-on-one duel with an AI as ganondorf on final detination, and as soon as the match starts, I do a forward b attack which causes Falcon to do a leap forward fire hook. However, Ganondor does the same thing. Someone called to me, so I pause the game, and what I saw was perhaps the most epic thing: it was right before we came into contact with one another, and Falcon and Ganondorf were leering at each other, each doing a left hook with fire and shadow effects respectively. It was like the box art for Street fighter 4, only better. Awesome.

ott615

Aug 26, 2010
Monster hunter freedom 2(psp) felt awesome during all of my 350 hours of gameplay. After killing a monster you felt like one, because it took huge skill and preparation to beat any monster bigger than a bullfango (huge wild boar).

Zac Smith

Apr 25, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Zac Smith said:
Playing Resident Evil: Outbreak, the I think this was after the servers were down because I was playing by myself, I also can't remember whether it was file 1 or 2. But anyway, I was on the level where a giant plant has taken over a set of buildings in the woods and you have to try to kill it, all while avoiding the "Axe-man" who literally follows you around everywhere. While doing the mission, the AI controlling the characters was being fairly good at mimicking actual people online, slowly one by one we were picked off by the axe-man, until me and a mortally wounded AI were left, I was carrying the AI on my shoulder, when from a doorway appears the axe-man, one fell swoop takes me down nearly all my health, dropping my AI leaving us both crawling down the hallway trying to avoid the last few zombies and axe-man. One of the only times playing a game I actually felt scarred.

Similar scenarios would happen in the Hospital level with the guy covered in cockroaches who would appear out of vents until you fought he off.

It was just awesome how the whole event played out so realistically even while being unscripted
The Mission with the Axe-man is called "Flashback" and that was in outbreak:file#2

and those were not cockroaches but leeches because Raccoon General Hospital was taken over by the leech queen down in basement/sewers and that mission was called "The Hive" and that was in outbreak:file#1. And Doctor Hursh you meet at the beginning of that mission becomes the "leech monster" that follows you around just like the Axe-man in "Flashback"
Thanks for clarifying, it's been such a long time since I played those games

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Most matches in halo.

I'd dominate with energy sword assasinations just dropping from above or coming out of air vents

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
That feeling you get in Battlefield Bad Company 2 online when you destroy a fast moving helicopter with a RPG. It might have been luck but It felt awesome.

I probably have more but I can't remember.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
In Halo 1, I was in a narrow corridor where an Elite with a sword was charging at me. I backed into the wall and unloaded on him with my pistol, with the last bullet in my clip firing just as he came into melee range. He was just about to kill me when I pistol whipped him. He died.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Crysis had some interesting moments with cloak mode and the poor ai... poor poor tanks... they literally did not have chance...

Also prototype, so many beautiful explosions.

th3xile

Aug 9, 2009
I was playing Star Wars Battlefront on the Rhen Var Harbor map. I remember we were down a good number of men when one of the At-Ats started approaching. I quickly ran my engineer over to the turrets on the lighthouse and repaired them as the At-At slowly got closer. I hopped in the first turret and started hammering away at it (mind you, the At-Ats on Battlefront 1 had a lot less health then in 2). It started destroying the turret when I jumped out before the last laser made it explode. I ran to the next turret and repeated the process for all 4 turrets on the lighthouse all the while my A.I. companions are getting overrun by the Empire spawning right in our base. While on the last turret I finally destroy the At-At right as he fires the last bullet to destroy my turret, I jump off of the lighthouse with the exploding turret behind me and an exploding At-At in front of me, land (grab a bacta tank cause I barley survived) and led a charge through the ice caves to capture their last command post.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
I was playing battlefield 1942, on wake island I believe, driving a jeep like a maniac, when all of a sudden, I see a tank, right ahead of me, and I like to imagine that it was lining up a shot to fire at me. I leap from the jeep, and it continues travelling forward, smashing into the tank, which then explodes. I smiled, and continued on my merry way