Best Videogame Quote (NO Bioshock)

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
I just though of three great ones from the same game, and anyone who can guess it can haz cheezberger. Keep in mind I have replaced words that would give it away.

"If I could have a moment to speak to you directly- yes, I'm talking to you-... I have a question for you. How could you have thrown it all away? It staggers the mind, a man of science with the ability to sway reactionary and fearful minds toward the truth, choosing instead to embark on the path of ignorance and decay. Make no mistake, this is not a scientific revolution you have sparked, this is death, and finality.

You have plunged humanity into free-fall. Even if you offer your surrender now I can not expect our leaders to accept it. At the moment I fear they have begun to look upon you and even ME with suspicion. So much for serving as humanity's representative...

Help me win back they're trust, surrender while you still can. Help ensure that humanity is not misguided. Do what is right. Serve mankind."

... followed by

"You have destroyed so much, what is it that you have... created?
Can you name even one thing?
I thought not."

and,

"This is more than anyone can bare. But will persevere."

Sven_Untgaarde

Jun 14, 2010
Obviously, there is a gold mine from Duke Nukem.

By far, my favourite is:

"Now you see me, now you're DEAD!"

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
halofreak123 said:
I just though of three great ones from the same game, and anyone who can guess it can haz cheezberger. Keep in mind I have replaced words that would give it away.

"If I could have a moment to speak to you directly- yes, I'm talking to you-... I have a question for you. How could you have thrown it all away? It staggers the mind, a man of science with the ability to sway reactionary and fearful minds toward the truth, choosing instead to embark on the path of ignorance and decay. Make no mistake, this is not a scientific revolution you have sparked, this is death, and finality.

You have plunged humanity into free-fall. Even if you offer your surrender now I can not expect our leaders to accept it. At the moment I fear they have begun to look upon you and even ME with suspicion. So much for serving as humanity's representative...

Help me win back they're trust, surrender while you still can. Help ensure that humanity is not misguided. Do what is right. Serve mankind."

... followed by

"You have destroyed so much, what is it that you have... created?
Can you name even one thing?
I thought not."

and,

"This is more than anyone can bare. But will persevere."
Half Life 2...and one of my favorite moments form that game.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Would you kindly tell us why no Bioshock?

Anyway ahem:

"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." - The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of TIme.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Avaholic03 said:
The Cage Johnson lemon rant from Portal 2:

Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Followed by GLaDOS' reply:

Burn it down! Burning people. He says what we're all thinking.
This. I loved that scene
COMMUNISTS AREN'T HUMAN
-Liberty Prime And anything else he ever says. EVER
A civilized weapon for a more civilized time. Heh. Times have changed
-Boss, from Republic Commando, speaking about a lightsaber
Just get it done without blowing us up.
----You always limit me.
-Boss to Scorch, and Scorch's reply.
Why'd you put the idiot on the sniper position?
He's taken one to many explosions to the head
-Sev, about Scorch
Most anything by Deathspank
Say hi to them the Airborne way. SHOOT THEM.
Sir?
What?
Why can't we just say hi? Or hello?
What?
Well, I've just never said hi to anyone by shooting them. What's wrong with the normal way?
"Well, since you're such a wise ass, you're with me."
-Brother's in Arms: Road to Hill 30 Sgt Mac to Garret
What? My PS3's hdmi wasn't working today, so I dug out the PS2

Luke O'Neill

Mar 30, 2011
and here I was planning on saying that just to spite him for the no Bioshock comment.

Maneaters like tight spaces

i'm not even going to touch that one
(bulletstorm)

DR3AMCATCH3R94

Apr 2, 2009
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and i'm all out of bubblegum"

also

"Hail to the king baby"

also

"blow it out your ass"

also

"I'm gonna rip off your head and shit down your neck!"
how come no one thought of these?

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
mikespoff said:
Bioshock didn't really impress me in the quotes department.

I did like a lot of the dialogue in Dragon Age, though - take this one from Sten, for instance:

"Either you have an enviable life, or a pitiable memory, to know nothing of regret."
Got that backwards. It's "Either you have an enviable memory, or a pitiful life, to know nothing of regret." Good quote though.

Let's see... oh I got one.

"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it..."

LivingInStereo

Dec 22, 2008
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
-Godot, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations

Jun 3, 2011
I have a few.

3: "It didnt have to be this way. we were going to have a party. all your friends would have been there. Except the companion cube, of course, because you murdered him. And all your other friends couldn't come either, because you dont have any. It says it right here in your Apeture science Personality test. 'Unlikable. incapable of being liked.' very secretive. verrry official" glaDOS, portal.

2: "They're bluffing right? they have to be bluffing." Some security guy after finding out the resistance's plan to destroy the reactor, Brink.

1: all your base are belong to us. CATS, Zero Wing

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Its a WEAPON, its REALLY powerful, ESPECIALLY against living things.

The enclaves gonna grind their ass, thats why im riding these initiates so hard - Paladin at the Citidel

iseeyouthere

Jan 21, 2010
"This is the part where he kills us..."
"This is the part where I kill you."
Title: This is the part where he kills you.

Glados, Wheatley AND the game... all stating the bloody obvious.
I dunno... is this the part where he kills me?

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
burningdragoon said:
mikespoff said:
Bioshock didn't really impress me in the quotes department.

I did like a lot of the dialogue in Dragon Age, though - take this one from Sten, for instance:

"Either you have an enviable life, or a pitiable memory, to know nothing of regret."
Got that backwards. It's "Either you have an enviable memory, or a pitiful life, to know nothing of regret." Good quote though.
That can't be right. I'm pretty sure he had it.