Best Videogame Quote (NO Bioshock)

skennedy929

Aug 25, 2010
"Wake up Dr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes"

G-Man HL2

and my personal favorite

"All Aperture technologies remain safely operational up to 4000 degrees kelvin. Rest assured, that there is absolutely no chance of a dangerous equipment malfunction prior to your victory candescence."

GladOS Portal

Wapox

Feb 4, 2010
Now... Sleep! Guess where.

and also... Look at me.. I'm dancing I'm dancing!

Gamegeneral

Dec 3, 2008
"I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. *Sniff* But I never got the chance to tell him...
He will be remembered!"

A close second, for it's pure situational awesomeness is:
"Who do we fight?"
"EVERYONE!"

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Courier: I just did what anyone else would have done.
NCR Soldier: Bullshit! Anyone else would have gotten killed!

And that when I came to a realization My character was a Marty sue. haha

En Row

Apr 18, 2009
"War....has changed..."
~MGS4 Solid(Old) Snake

and of course

"War...never changes..."
~Fallout 3 Narrator

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
KanHanderan said:
Self explanatory. And if you did not read above, NO BIOSHOCK!
Why no Bioshock?

space filling tactic, space filling tactic. Distract the mods, no low content posting going on here.....

So yeah, I played through both Bioshock games and I can't recall any awesome quotes. Which one are you talking about?

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
Forgot this one:

It has come to my attention that some have lately called me a collaborator, as if such a term were shameful. I ask you, what greater endeavor exists than that of collaboration?

In our current unparalleled enterprise, refusal to collaborate is simply a refusal to grow--an insistence on suicide, if you will. Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not.

It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance.

Would we model ourselves on the trilobite?

Are all the accomplishments of humanity fated to be nothing more than a layer of broken plastic shards thinly strewn across a fossil bed, sandwiched between the Burgess shale and an eon's worth of mud?

In order to be true to our nature, and our destiny, we must aspire to greater things. We have outgrown our cradle. It is futile to cry for mother's milk, when our true sustenance awaits us among the stars.

And only the universal union that small minds call 'The Combine' can carry us there.

Therefore I say, yes, I am a collaborator. We must all collaborate, willingly, eagerly, if we expect to reap the benefits of unification.

And reap we shall.

Half-Life's writing tends to get forgotten. Best justification for an offworld totalitarian regime ever.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
"Just a moment! I've found something. It's a weapon. It's really powerful, especially against living things. Better take it with you." - Barry Burton, Resident Evil.

Right up there with "You were almost a Jill Sandwich!"

Edit: Have another.
"I'm getting very bad sensations from all this...as if a cat had just licked my heart..."
-Martian Gothic: Unification

Don't try to rationalize it. You'll be dead by the end of the week.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
"try transporting fuel now, pipeline jerks!"
Just Cause 2
"skills for kills agent, skills for kills"
Crackdown
"trying to figure out how scale itch got on ship. sexually transmitted disease, carried by varren. implications unfortunate"
Mass Effect 2
"this is scout rainbows make me cry"
Team Fortress 2

apologies for any repeats, if any

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Just about anything Cave Johnson says is awesome. My favorite being:

Those of you helping us test the repulsion gel today, just follow the blue line on the floor. Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news: bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
[HEADING=1]"Welcome to Rapture!"[/HEADING]

You were basically asking for it. Singling out one game, giving no explanation as to why, and writing the name in all-caps, followed by an exclamation mark.