Best videogame soundtrack?

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
-Final Fantasies 1-8 had brilliant sound tracks
-Chrono Trigger is a game that remains timeless in both it's story, game play, AND music
-Halo had some damn good themes, covenant dance being one of my particular favs
-wipeout is awesome
-Mega man X, I fucking LOVE storm eagles music, especially the U-Gen remix
-Mega Man 3, many people praise MM2 a lot, but I thought 3 was not only the best 8-bit mega man, but kick ass music. Kudos goes to the awesome intro theme
-Valkyrie profile
-Zelda, always great fitting with the atmoshpere

meiadose

Oct 24, 2008
ok i nhow the game was not all i expected but i`ve got to say that the sountrack of the recent Alone in the dark is currently my n:1

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Brawl has some fantastic songs.
So do Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, EarthBound and Metroid Prime. The original Metroid wasn't that bad either, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for the original Pokemon soundtracks.

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Pretty much anything by Nobuo Uematsu is great. He did Final Fantasies 1-12 and Chrono Trigger. He also did the opening for Brawl. I guess if I had to pick just one, though, I'd say Final Fantasy VII.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
MGS 4's soundtrack has several songs that bring tears to my eyes, particularly Father and Son and Here's to You.

Zaleznikel

Sep 3, 2008
Damien the Pigeon post=9.74951.852201 said:
Pretty much anything by Nobuo Uematsu is great. He did Final Fantasies 1-12 and Chrono Trigger.
Agreed. I may not like the final fantasy games too much, but Uematsu makes some great music. Also, I like Metroid Prime, and Baten Kaitos' soundtracks.

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
Final Fantasy 7

I started playing it again for the music and im doing a screen music assingment on it for uni =D

whitelye

Oct 9, 2008
ZenMonkey47 post=9.74951.851933 said:
God of War I and II are quite possibly the most epic collection I've ever heard (take that Carl Orff)

My personal favorites tracks are:
The Vengeful Spartan
Hades, God of the Underworld
The Colossus of Rhodes
Battle for the Skies
Ha! You sir, make me laugh. Yeah, stick it to Orff. Him and his now excruciatingly cliched choir music.

titaniumwombat

Oct 17, 2008
I remember the 7th Guest and 11th hour having great soundtracks as well... If I recall, Reznor scored 11th hour...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Saint's Row 1. It had everything I could want. Heck, I discovered the Aquabats because of them. So much QUALITY indie rock.

Whitto

Mar 19, 2008
Grim Fandango!

I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the game as much had it not been for the fantabulously atmospheric soundtrack. Sometimes you don't even notice it's there, but it's always just the right piece to set off a scene. Beautifully done, I miss that game *wipes tear*

BUT HOORAY!

http://www.grimfandango.net/?page=soundtrack

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I'll have to go with DOOM, Red Alert 2, Unreal Tournament and Guitar Hero.

Just my opinion, when it comes to something like music there is no such thing as a 'proveable best'.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Ensemble Black Horse is here.

My suggestion is Mushihimesama Futari. Those beats are something else. Awesome shmup too.

I just got it a week ago, though, so I might be looking at it with rose-tinted glasses.