Beta Feedback Thread

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
It would be nice to have more profile customization options, anyone else agree?
I doubt anyone cares about or looks at other people's profile pages much.

Writing down some suggestions of what you would like to see added might be an idea, as something as nebulous as "want more stuff" is probably hard to implement.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I doubt anyone cares about or looks at other people's profile pages much.

Writing down some suggestions of what you would like to see added might be an idea, as something as nebulous as "want more stuff" is probably hard to implement.
I do kind of miss being able to fill my profile with a lot of stupid stuff like my 'real name' and location.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
...Am I crazy, or has the forum search function just up and disappeared?
The V1 Archive added a whole bunch of bloat (millions of posts) to the search feature and slowdown and we are working on improving search performance and turning it back on.

Reactions: Asita

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Now I can't look at my own profile posts. It's asking for account upgrade, and when I click on that, it gives me the oops, page not found message.
You know what, I'm the admin, and I get the same message you do. I'll add it to the to-do list to see if the permissions are wonky somewhere.

Reactions: BrawlMan

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Thank you.
Fixed. Turns out, the Search must be enabled for this feature to work. We haven't improved the search efficiency yet so hopefully this doesn't cause performance issues.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
@egadmin Not sure if you saw my previous post, but V1 archives are kind of broken.

@Nick Calandra V1 archives are kind of messed up. Every post is #1 and trying to go to any other page in a thread always redirects to page 1.

Also, I can't help notice that archived posts are able to have more than 3 images linked in a post. It'd be really nice if that were possible on the new forums. Maybe like, a limit of 10. It doesn't do anything except make things more convenient, because if I have 7 images to post, it just means I would need to make 3 posts in a row instead of 1.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
@egadmin Not sure if you saw my previous post, but V1 archives are kind of broken.
Yep I've got a ticket created to track the issue but it's buried under a whole bunch of other tickets.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Great, thanks!

Sorry to keep asking for more, but while we have you here could you raise (or remove) the limit of images you can embed per post? 3 is really restrictive, 10 would be more reasonable. The word count cap is a little low too. We didn't have a limit of either on v1 and it never caused any problems.
I've bumped the images up to 10 and post length to 50000 characters instead of 10000.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It looks like the profile pics are broken, aside from the ones without a chosen pic and just have the first letter of the name.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently something weird was going on with my browser, restarting it fixed the issue and a few other weird ones.

Last edited:

Arkage

Apr 8, 2021
Country
USA
Nevermind the above post. I created that account in 2009 and forgot until I tried to sign in with the wrong email. Would there be anyway to merge this account with the arkage_v1legacy account? I'd like to keep the name and picture, but also have the legacy tag. But otherwise one of them can be deleted. Thanks!

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
@egadmin found another issue with the archive merge. It looks like posts from certain banned users are misattributed to the OP of the thread. Here's an archive of a thread I made

And here is the same thread on V2

As you can see posts #7 and #18 in the V1 thread were not originally made by me. Also post #8 is missing from the V2 thread, but maybe that was intentional to leave out posts that got mod wrath? Will probably cause issues for readability, though.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
Nevermind the above post. I created that account in 2009 and forgot until I tried to sign in with the wrong email. Would there be anyway to merge this account with the arkage_v1legacy account? I'd like to keep the name and picture, but also have the legacy tag. But otherwise one of them can be deleted. Thanks!
The merge has been done. The "Arkage" user is the main one now.

egadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2020
Country
USA
@egadmin found another issue with the archive merge. It looks like posts from certain banned users are misattributed to the OP of the thread. Here's an archive of a thread I made

And here is the same thread on V2

As you can see posts #7 and #18 in the V1 thread were not originally made by me. Also post #8 is missing from the V2 thread, but maybe that was intentional to leave out posts that got mod wrath? Will probably cause issues for readability, though.
Well that's not good. I've manually deleted these 2 posts but it appears to be a widespread issue regarding posts by banned users. I've added looking into this on my to-do list but it may be awhile before it gets corrected.