Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Stripes said:
SkarKrow said:
Well Bethesda I think that fuck you is appropriate here.

I mean seriously do they not want money?

Glad I'm already bored of the tedious repetitive combat, dialogue, and giant pile of worthless loot and gold.
So bored you had the time to get angry about having to wait for another go at it.

Of course after this is announced all the PC users lose their shit and start throwing every insult at a company they claim should treasure them when it has some problems. Bethesda are great to you people, when they have what is clearly problems (timed exclusives are BS cash grabs but they clearly and doing this out of malice) you show them you dont care for reason. What you mean by loyalty is 'I will by your stuff when I enjoy it and throw a fit when things dont conform exactly to my views, then go pirate it'. Of course this isnt all PC gamers nor the majority. These are the same people who will claim they are valuable customers, its a joke.
But I'm not a PC gamer? :3

And I'm not angry, just seems dumb to do this. Timed exclusive, fair enough, but not having any plan for release on other formats seems silly to me given the millions of people who'd gladly hurl their money into Bethesda gaping maw.

Honestly I doubt I'll buy it if it ever makes it to PS3, it doesn't look anything special and if I ever have a desire to plunge into a western-style rpg I shall invest in Dark Souls (after I finish Demon Souls > >)

Stripes

May 22, 2012
SkarKrow said:
Stripes said:
SkarKrow said:

Glad I'm already bored of the tedious repetitive combat, dialogue, and giant pile of worthless loot and gold.
So bored you had the time to get angry about having to wait for another go at it.

Of course after this is announced all the PC users lose their shit and start throwing every insult at a company they claim should treasure them when it has some problems. Bethesda are great to you people, when they have what is clearly problems (timed exclusives are BS cash grabs but they clearly and doing this out of malice) you show them you dont care for reason. What you mean by loyalty is 'I will by your stuff when I enjoy it and throw a fit when things dont conform exactly to my views, then go pirate it'. Of course this isnt all PC gamers nor the majority. These are the same people who will claim they are valuable customers, its a joke.

And I'm not angry, just seems dumb to do this. Timed exclusive, fair enough, but not having any plan for release on other formats seems silly to me given the millions of people who'd gladly hurl their money into Bethesda gaping maw.

Honestly I doubt I'll buy it if it ever makes it to PS3, it doesn't look anything special and if I ever have a desire to plunge into a western-style rpg I shall invest in Dark Souls (after I finish Demon Souls > >)
The rest of that wasnt in reference to you, I apoligise I should have made that more clear. I just found it funny that you claimed you didnt like the game but were angry that you werent getting access to it. Dark Souls is most excellent though dont expect a story to be 'told' to you, I wont spoil anything but after a playthrough or two go to a fella called epicnamebro on youtube and he shows the games true greatness.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Stripes said:
SkarKrow said:
Stripes said:
SkarKrow said:

The rest of that wasnt in reference to you, I apoligise I should have made that more clear. I just found it funny that you claimed you didnt like the game but were angry that you werent getting access to it. Dark Souls is most excellent though dont expect a story to be 'told' to you, I wont spoil anything but after a playthrough or two go to a fella called epicnamebro on youtube and he shows the games true greatness.
No worries man. Frankly I enjoyed Skyrim A LOT, but only for my first playhtrough, doing it again felt really redundant and I ended up doing similar things no matter how I played, a lot of crafting was used to get worthwhile equipment and money and then it's all just gravy no matter what you do, and the combat is very shallow. Otherwise I had fun.

I plan to get Dark Soul's soon, is the prepare to die edition coming on consoles? I swear I saw a preorder for it somewhere. I recently got Demo's Souls and I'm really enjoying it, though I feel it's difficulty has been exaggerated by a large margin. It isn't "hard". It's unforgiving of the foolish.

I managed the first world through the giant knight thingy without too much hassle, though I needed a water cloak spell to get by the dragon and did die a couple times. But my death count for a single area has yet to exceed 10 and I'm yet to throw a controller in frustration.

It's not hard, it just doesn't fuck around babying the player, which I like, I love challenge, I relish things like DMC on high difficulties, or old school sidescrollers. So it's just a very solid rpg that doesn't take shit from the player to me, not excessively hard at all.

Loving it so far though.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
snowburst92 said:
Fredrikorex said:
Welll... shit.
I guess I should start hating Bethesda now, but I'm having too much fun with other games to care.

I just hope they release it for PC someday.
I hate microsoft hence why i dont use windows :p i use ubuntu and i dont play 360 often i have both ps3 and 360 just 360 has alot more going for it then ps3, ask ure self this what has ps3 got tht 360 cant deliver?
A blu-ray player. :3

Not interested in jumping into any argument here but yeah, blu-ray player, which is pretty cool.
Also some very solid platform exclusives that make it a matter of choice, I largely prefer the PS3 library myself.

It's like Genesis or SNES, it's a matter of choice and nothing more, since they're so similar in capability at the end of the day.

Stripes

May 22, 2012
SkarKrow said:
Stripes said:
SkarKrow said:
Stripes said:
SkarKrow said:

No worries man. Frankly I enjoyed Skyrim A LOT, but only for my first playhtrough, doing it again felt really redundant and I ended up doing similar things no matter how I played, a lot of crafting was used to get worthwhile equipment and money and then it's all just gravy no matter what you do, and the combat is very shallow. Otherwise I had fun.

I plan to get Dark Soul's soon, is the prepare to die edition coming on consoles? I swear I saw a preorder for it somewhere. I recently got Demo's Souls and I'm really enjoying it, though I feel it's difficulty has been exaggerated by a large margin. It isn't "hard". It's unforgiving of the foolish.

I managed the first world through the giant knight thingy without too much hassle, though I needed a water cloak spell to get by the dragon and did die a couple times. But my death count for a single area has yet to exceed 10 and I'm yet to throw a controller in frustration.

It's not hard, it just doesn't fuck around babying the player, which I like, I love challenge, I relish things like DMC on high difficulties, or old school sidescrollers. So it's just a very solid rpg that doesn't take shit from the player to me, not excessively hard at all.

Loving it so far though.
Ive only played Dark Souls (only have a 360) but from what ive heard it is much harder. Dark Souls does not mess around, the onus is on you in every way. There isnt actually a forced direction in the game, you can finish the game by completing the main quest (though the more you look at it and the plot the more you realise its simply something you do rather than something you are supposed to do) if there is one but you will never be told go here and do that. Whilst PC gamers are getting the prepare to die edition at normal price upon release we console gamers are getting it as seperate DLC at a later date. Dont feel the need to pick it up straight away, its fairly expensive and we dont know how good it will be. If you feel like doing a third playthrough then you will probably get your enjoyment out of it. If you dont want to be babyed then you will enjoy Dark souls.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Stripes said:
I'll likely pick it u when I next think it'll fit into my schedule for gaming. I'm inundated with backlog lately. Gotta finish pokemon conquest, doing a video playthrough of platinum that needs continuing, pokemon black/white 2 are out soon, i need to do demons souls, etc.

Also wanting to pick up dragons dogma, a few dreamcast games, finally gonna pick up a 3DS (XL naturally) and a f ew games there, like mario 3d land super and kingdom hearts 3d.

Some serious gaming to be done.