Bethesda Introduces Skyrim's New Faces

Turigamot

Feb 13, 2011
I'm pretty much set on making a Redguard as my starting character based on the earlier photo of the super buff midnight black dude, but goddamn, all of them look badass. Loving the moustache on one of the Imperials.

The captcha gave me a pi symbol.
End this.

Morbissus

Jun 9, 2011
AnarchistAbe said:
Morbissus said:
Awesome, the Dunmer look like they were pulled straight from Morrowind.
Is this a bad thing?

Buck Wilde said:
Why is every character covered in filth?
Because the badass hero of Skyrim shouldn't look like he just got out of church...
Not at all I am happy that they look the early Morrowind models. Look at the one with the full face paint, he easily rivals any Argonian pictured.

Morbissus

Jun 9, 2011
AnarchistAbe said:
Gethsemani said:
AnarchistAbe said:
Morbissus said:
Awesome, the Dunmer look like they were pulled straight from Morrowind.
Is this a bad thing?
No, it is a fantastic thing. The Dark Elves in Morrowind looked menacing, jaded and tough. Morrowind basically made you feel that you didn't want to mess around with a Dunmer, or s/he would cut your throat just by looking at them. That looks seems to be back for Skyrim.
That's what I'm saying! Really glad to see them kick it old school with the Dunmer.
No sarcasm here. The Dunmer is my favorite race & it's really great to see them return to a darker, morbid look.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Wow, looks like I have no choice but to be an Argonian now! They look amazing, as do all the other races.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Clearly an improvement from the horrors that was in Oblivion.

Damn you Bethasada for making wanting to buy Skyrim even more.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
One of my biggest complaints about Oblivion was the way the characters look in the game. I think it took me over an hour to make a half decend looking character the first time I played Oblivion.
But it seems like they've solved this problem. Holy shit is the first word that comes to my mind when I see those characters and damn those Argonians look scary, especially the eyes of some of them, like they can see right into my soul.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
The Argonians look terrifying? Dude, did you guys look at the Dark Elves? Hooly crap.
They all look great. Hurry the hell up, November...

AnarchistAbe

The Original RageQuit Rebel
Sep 10, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Buck Wilde said:
Why is every character covered in filth?
Because while Oblivion was set in the green hilled fantasy Cyrodiil, Skyrim is set in the grim north...Skyrim.. A place where you have to kill a pack of wolves on your way to get your morning paper, and coffee is just a cup of nails.
This is the definitive answer for this question. Please refer to undeadsuitor for any further questions involving Skyrim and/or dirt.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Normally i play as Dark Elf on both Morrowind and Oblivion....but Skyrim? The Argonians look awesome, maybe use DarK Elf on my second play through. :)

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Daaaaaaamn.

The Bosmer are so scary looking now. If the Adoring Fan had looked like that, I would have though twice before punting him off a cliff.

As humans go, they clearly put the most work into the Nords. They have the best face models, woad paint, awesome haircuts, and Sean Bean and Karl Urban lookalikes. They would have been my first choice anyway, but I am definitely playing one my first time through.

I love how the orcs get bone spikes on their eyebrows, too. Never seen that before. And the Argonians look properly scary and dragon-like. A definite step up from Morrowind's glorified geckoes and Oblivion's snakeskin sock puppets.

Although you'd think the Altmer, at least, wouldn't look like they'd rolled in the dirt all day...overall, though, these are amazing.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Pre-ordered. I just cannot wait for this, the character design is so much better than Oblivion's!

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Whatever they make I almost feel silly even considering playing a vanilla version o any Bethesda game at this point. At least they're trying, bless their hearts, but modders will probably pull feats of magic on these faces and on the scenery yet unimagined.... and they're do it without pay and on their own free time.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
War Penguin said:
Leftnt Sharpe said:
Clever Girl.......Also am I the only person who is still struggling to tell which of the human races is which?
No, I'm having trouble with that, too. Well, actually, I have the feeling that the last set was the Nords, so that wasn't that much of a problem, but everyone else, yeah, kind of hard to tell.

But I doubt that would matter. The more I see the Argonians, the more I think to myself "f**k Imperial! I want to be a lizard man!"

Also I'm not a big fan of any of the females in this game [small](Argonians excluded)[/small]. Their lips seem way to big an glossy, as well as their eyes. Still, I'm sure I could change that, of course, so no biggy.
Well if I was to hazard a guess I would say, including non-human races, that the order goes: Argonian, Breton, Dunmer, Altmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Orc, RedGuard, Bosmer, Nord. But I could be completely wrong about that.