Bethesda Outlines Skyrim 1.5

isometry

Mar 17, 2010
Forget mods, the best part about being on PC is being able to instantly fix quest bugs through the in-game console!

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
OhJohnNo said:
Does this mean I won't be able to spam-upgrade my smithing by spamming Iron Daggers?
I think it means those iron daggers will be worth more

I hope this means we are going to be seeing more of that one week free for all content. Crossing my fingers for more lycanthropy stuff.
Nope, other way around. The value of the item being created raises your skill level. So an iron dagger, with a value of 120, would only increase it a very small amount. So much for that Uber-Glitch. I guess we can just use the Infinite All Stats one.
I never saw creating iron daggers as a glitch.

By this logic, Novice locks should stop giving us any progression, too. Wouldn't that be annoying?

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Simonoly said:
I'm loving the new additions. But why have Bethesda still not fixed the bugs that are present in every single version/copy of Skyrim by now?
Das Boot said:
Does anybody else not find it hilarious that they are spending time creating new kill cams and other worthless crap where there is still so many game breaking bugs that have yet to be addressed.
Fappy said:
Wow, they tiptoed around it but still haven't managed to fix the gamebreaking main quest bug that me and a bunch of others encountered where you can't start the quest "A Cornered Rat"? They fixed a bug regarding it but not the one that prevented getting it. You'd think the main quest would be a priority... :/
You should have all known that when you play an Elder Scrolls game you have to have at least 20 progressive saves that you can reload when you inevitably run into game breaking bugs. Sure, it means that you'll have to replay hours and hours. I lost track of how many times I had to reload 5-10+ hours old saves. I'm not trying to excuse Bethesda or say that it's okay, this is the sad reality of the Elder Scrolls series.

Earnest Cavalli said:
Granted, it's a minor tweak, but since years of videogames have made me a murderous sociopath, I dig it. The only thing better than killing some jerk is killing him with slow-motion flair!
Fantastic.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Many of you are asking why they haven't fixed many of the major bugs. The answer should be relatively obvious for even the most intellectually lacking person.
Some bugs require more time and manpower to fix than others.

I hope that's cleared things up for many of you.

The easily fixable bugs have been fixed now and the more difficult ones are still being worked on. Only an idiot would think that they are ignoring the major bugs. Do you seriously think they are sitting in their office saying, "We'll deliberately ignore the main game breaking bugs because we want to ruin a game we spent years of hard work and passion making"?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
OhJohnNo said:
Does this mean I won't be able to spam-upgrade my smithing by spamming Iron Daggers?
I think it means those iron daggers will be worth more

I hope this means we are going to be seeing more of that one week free for all content. Crossing my fingers for more lycanthropy stuff.
Nope, other way around. The value of the item being created raises your skill level. So an iron dagger, with a value of 120, would only increase it a very small amount. So much for that Uber-Glitch. I guess we can just use the Infinite All Stats one.
If you're talking about the Daedric bookshelf glitch. That was patched.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
"As it ages?" It's less than 6 months old, and it's a massively moddable game - the shift will be to the mods, not reducing support.

ReiverCorrupter

Jun 4, 2010
Das Boot said:
ReiverCorrupter said:
You should have all known that when you play an Elder Scrolls game you have to have at least 20 progressive saves that you can reload when you inevitably run into game breaking bugs. Sure, it means that you'll have to replay hours and hours. I lost track of how many times I had to reload 5-10+ hours old saves. I'm not trying to excuse Bethesda or say that it's okay, this is the sad reality of the Elder Scrolls series.
Oh I understand that now. Skyrim was my first and will definitely be my last elder scrolls game. Its also the reason I feel that it was a steaming pile of shit. I check the news when I see the title to laugh at how people praise a game and developer who continues to treat them like mentally retarded children.
I wouldn't go that far. The fact of the matter is that any vast open world game like the Skyrim is just going to be chock-full of bugs. So if you want a game like Skyrim without bugs you're pretty much shit out of luck. I don't think the fact that the developers overreach what they are capable of handling means that they treat people like kids with DS. I'm sure they're trying to fix the bugs, if you look down the list 5/6 of the update deals with fixing glitches. If you aren't willing to put up with the glitches then yeah, you probably shouldn't buy any more Elder Scrolls games.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking

and

- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells

Awesome :D hope consoles get the patch soon then... I'm sick of Lydia sprinting up to me while I'm sneaking.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure how I stand on these kill cams, having only played morrowind. They certianly look cool but if I'm playing classic elder scrolls style I'd like a way to turn them off.