Bethesda Rewarding Parents That Name Children "Dragonborn"

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Eumersian said:
Those have to be some really lame parents if they would name their kid "Dragonborn". I know that nerds are much more in charge of culture than they used to be, but really. Parents naming their kids something stupid like "Dragonborn" or "Moon Unit" honestly have no regard to the life that they helped create. It's better to give them a normal name that they might hate instead of a lame name that they will hate.

IMO.
Define "normal".

If I was havin a kid I might consider trying to convince my hypothetical other to do this. I'm single :(

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
I agree; Dovahkiin is gorram awesome.

Even if Skyrim flops epicly and somehow causes Bethesda to fold, it would still be awesome. And all the bullies named Sam, Frank, Biff, or whatever could do naught but bow before your mighty offspring when he announces his name in a gutteral (though, sadly pre-pubescent) yell.

"Hey, new kid. What's your name?" >:D

"In their tongue, I am Dovahkiin... the Dragonborn!" >:|

0.0 *kneels and pledges fealty*

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Well, my advice, make the child's middle name what you planned for them. Then Little Dovahkiin will be Dovahkiin "Susan" Edelburg.

Also, make sure you raise them to love The Elder Scrolls. If they do, they may like the name. If my parents named me after a TES character, since Im a fan, I wouldnt mind. Azura is a cool name, or Nerevar...Vivec, Sotha Sil..Boethiah. Those names Id be cool with. (for me)