Bethesda Shows Off Monsters, Magic and Stealth Kills in New Skyrim Screens

Ben Hussong

Mar 24, 2011
DustyDrB said:
They keep on showing us screenshots of Kevin Sorbo roaming around Tamriel.

Wait...no one gets a Kevin Sorbo reference anymore. That's probably a good thing.
Hercules, Andromeda, Back when Sci- Fi channel was GOOD i got quite a bit of Sorbo, so I actually knew right off what you were talking about.

Manoose47

Dec 8, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Except in Morrowind. It's very easy to resist a mage in Morrowind.
I just found it very easy to resist Morrowind in general (ducks)

Boooourns!!!!

Morrowind >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oblivion

i gonna take it that by ducks you meant sucks... unless you're complaining about a lack of ducks in morrowind, in which case your argument is completely valid, although i don't think oblivion had any ducks either!

Anyone any idea of the specs required on PC for Skyrim?

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
HankMan said:
DustyDrB said:

Wait...no one gets a Kevin Sorbo reference anymore. That's probably a good thing.
Hey, I'd buy a game with Kevin Sorbo in it.
As long as he's playing You-Know-Who.
I'd buy almost anything with Kevin Sorbo in it.
I'd buy you if you had Kevin Sorbo in you...wait, that came out wrong.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Manoose47 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Except in Morrowind. It's very easy to resist a mage in Morrowind.
I just found it very easy to resist Morrowind in general (ducks)

Boooourns!!!!

Morrowind >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Oblivion

i gonna take it that by ducks you meant sucks... unless you're complaining about a lack of ducks in morrowind, in which case your argument is completely valid, although i don't think oblivion had any ducks either!

Anyone any idea of the specs required on PC for Skyrim?
'Ducks' as in ducking in order to avoid the inevitable storm of projectiles thrown my way for not being into Morrowind :D

I played Oblivion first, see.... most people who do tend to find it hard to go to Morrowind afterwards due to the (in my opinion AWFUL) combat and slooow walking speed.

Apocalypse Tank

Aug 31, 2008
They say they are off Gamebryo, but this looks exactly like the same engine except with better animation and higher textures.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
higgs20 said:
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
HankMan said:
DustyDrB said:

Hey, I'd buy a game with Kevin Sorbo in it.
As long as he's playing You-Know-Who.
I'd buy almost anything with Kevin Sorbo in it.
I'd buy you if you had Kevin Sorbo in you...wait, that came out wrong.
Hehehe... Came out wrong... I see what you did there...

OT: This game just keeps looking better and better. Can't wait, November is gonna be a great month for gaming.

MadCapMunchkin

Charismatic Stallion
Apr 23, 2010
My reaction, basically...

Seriously, though, I am completely psyched for this! Having been brought into the Elder Scrolls by Morrowind and then following with Oblivion, I am sincerely hoping that Bethesda has learned it's lessons and is taking the best bits of both Morrowind and Oblivion and putting them together.

And hopefully getting rid of the leveling system they've been using. Seriously, just give me experience based on what I kill! Please!!!

Oh, and a better storyline for the Dark Brotherhood. Then, I'll be satisfied!

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
*drools over screenshot 4* Oblivion was the reason i got a 360, love the elder scrolls games. My only worry with stealth kill animation is it will get repetitive very quikly. I can't wait for this and the dlc/mods, it will probably be one of the last games i play on this rig (i'm a pc gamer now) so it should be a good send off for it since the CPU is pretty much dying.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
ChupathingyX said:
In the middle of a Nord civil war, the great dragon Alduin - also known as the World Eater - returns to fulfill the prophecy fortold in the Elder Scrolls. Naturally, the player is the only one who can stop Alduin, and prevent it from devouring everyone.
Can't say that sounds that great. Especially "prophecy", "world eater", "only one" and "devouring everyone". I wonder if we'll end up being the little ***** errand boy in the main quest again and when the final fight comes around just stand there and watch.
Well since you get to fight fucking DRAGONS to get their magic dragon powers it's a safe bet some crazy ass shit is going to go down and we're going to end up with the ability to transform into a dragon by the time the games over. So the game ends with a big epic dragon fight in the sky. Just a guess though.

Aug 17, 2009
KLJT said:
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
I wonder if at some point in Skyrim, or its DLC, we'll go to Cheydinhal to see what has actually happened to Cyrodiil.
I assume you meant Bruma
Oopsie. I just remembered one of the loading screens saying something about Cheydinhal and Bruma having Nords in them.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Yes, it looks good, but at the risk of quoting Yahtzee, "It always LOOKS good. But that doesn't mean it is good."
Erana said:
The wolves are a bit better, but they're still funny-looking. Why does Bethesda have issues with wolves?
Because they don't have Peter Molyneux or Jens Bergensten.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
No, the real April Fools joke would be if Bethesda released a game that doesn't crash all the fucking time.
Hey ... people whinge about bug issues in FO3 and Oblivion but I honestly didn't find them so bad ... once every 9-10 hours. And frankly, if you're playing a game for that long sometimes a crash is what is needed to remind yourself that as a squishy collection of organs you need food and rest ... and possibly some decent human contact before you go insane.

It's nowhere near as bad as the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC release version ....

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
PaulH said:
Hey ... people whinge about bug issues in FO3 and Oblivion but I honestly didn't find them so bad ... once every 9-10 hours. And frankly, if you're playing a game for that long sometimes a crash is what is needed to remind yourself that as a squishy collection of organs you need food and rest ... and possibly some decent human contact before you go insane.

It's nowhere near as bad as the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC release version ....
Oh, it's just as bad as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Shadows of Chernobyl. I do not say that lightly.

It wasn't every 9-10 hours for many people. Either you won the hardware-OS profile lottery, or you crashed. A lot. Keep in mind, the usual counter argument of "Your computer sucked" did not apply; this was the ONLY GAME that I had those problems with (never owned S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but my friend with a mega gaming rig did. It was pretty bad).

I crashed every (no exaggeration) on average about every 25-30 minutes. I would have to purge the process from memory manually via task manager, because it refused to unload the page file normally.

Every patch, adjustment, and hotfix did NOTHING to stabilize the game. I had a rare game that went for 3 hours before crashing. I only quit the game via the actual screen about 5 times.