Bethesda Shows Off QuakeCon Skyrim Characters

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Bethesda Shows Off QuakeCon Skyrim Characters

Making a tough-looking cat person has never been as easy as it has in Skyrim.

Skyrim [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HYK956/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d2_g63_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1JD740FD96K3HJYTCFXZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846] developer Bethesda has released a new batch of images for the game, showing off some of the different characters that players can create in the game. The characters are the creations of journalists who attended QuakeCon earlier this month.

[gallery=417]

It's no secret that Oblivion's character creator wasn't the easiest thing in the world to use and that characters tended to have a certain "roundness" to their faces. Skyrim looks to have eliminated that problem, allowing players to create interesting characters, and not balloon people in armor. None of these characters are the result of hours spent tweaking and refining either, as the journalists only had an hour to make them and play as much of the game as they could.

Speaking just about my own experience with the Elder Scrolls games, making a character that looked the way I wanted was a real challenge in Morrowind and Oblivion, but judging from these screenshots, it looks like those troubles might be a thing of the past.

The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 11th.

Source: via Ausgamer [http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3099194]

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Wow, all these look amazing. I can't wait to just experiment with different races, and character designs.

Dec 14, 2009
Whoa, Redguards look fucking awesome. They're built like brick-shit houses, just like a warrior should be.

Would have liked to see some female pics of the different races though, especially the Bosmer, since that's the race I'll most likely play as first.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Well hells bells! The Argonians are back and better than evar!!! My one irk is that they are not digitigrade. A nice cosmetic difference that made them even more unique. Oh well, mod tools fix that and... AHEM!!! Enhance the characters in certain ways.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
Apparently sleeves are frowned upon in Skyrim, just seems like something you would want in a cold climate.

I think they look great, especially the Orks and the Redguard although the second Ork looks kind of sad.

Knight1172

May 7, 2008
That Nord looks amazing. Far more Viking-esque than I could have hoped for, even seeing the trailers and game footage.

Fogold

Jan 18, 2010
What race is that one on the 9th picture? Breton or Imperial? Actually, now that I think about it, what is the visual difference between those two races?

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Very, very impressive. I'm eagerly anticipating Skyrim's release. I look forward to creating a Nord and eventually finding a warhammer that rivals Thor's.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
GrimTuesday said:
Apparently sleeves are frowned upon in Skyrim, just seems like something you would want in a cold climate.
Apparently, if the sheer potency of your bulging muscles and rocketsauce isn't enough to keep you alive, you're not man enough for Skyrim.

OP:

I'm shocked. Sort of. Not really. But the idea of making a character in an Elder Scrolls game who looks precisely as I want him to look is certainly lovely, and it seems as though this game will allow me to do so.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
These have already been released and we even have threads about them here already. lol

All except the male Argonian. Love the new ram horns. ^_^

C117

Aug 14, 2009
I have to admit, the Khajit is looking pretty damn awesome in that picture. But why are all the pictures (except one) of MALE characters? Why no more females?

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
C117 said:
I have to admit, the Khajit is looking pretty damn awesome in that picture. But why are all the pictures (except one) of MALE characters? Why no more females?
I suppose that the journalist didn't like playing females.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Shame there's no Altmers there; I would have liked to compare all the different elven races together.

Incidentally, as a side note, OMGTHEYLOOKSOEFFINAWESOMEICANTWAITUNTILNOVEMBERTHISISGOINGTOBETHEGREATESTGAMEOFALLTICOUGH cough...

Ahem, my apologies. Yes, they look rather nice. I await Skyrim with considerable anticipation.

I just hope I won't need to spend a fortune upgrading my computer in order to play it...

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
Nice, the Argonians and Khajiiti look more reptilian/feline, more feral, unlike Oblivion where they were basically just "human with scales/fur, a tail and a muzzle-like head/face" It's more like the older games for their looks, and I think that's a good thing. The other races look pretty cool too, and it looks like character customisation in this is going to be better than ever. I'll probably go for Khajiit or Altmer, like I usually do, I might actually play a Khajiit first though, since they look much better this time around.

Edit: Thank you for informing me as to the plural of Khajiit, Sabrestar.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Is it just me, or does the Orc in slide 10 look remarkably like Anthony [http://www.giftsandfreeadvice.com/free_advice/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/jm.jpg] La [http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/without-a-trace/Anthony-LaPaglia.JPG]Paglia [http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/07/28/1226103/349755-110730-anthony-lapaglia.jpg]?

Jjkaybomb

Nov 22, 2009
Wow, Bethesda is showing that they can actually make a decent face?

I'm sold. time to preorder the game.