Bethesda Sometimes Doesn't Fix Entertaining Bugs

Ghosting 7

Sep 3, 2011
But of course- all for the better. Why question such a company when they've never failed us once with such successful games they've published? I say let them keep the bugs there, it shall give us, advantages. Bua-haha-haa!

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Dukenstein said:
The only good bug is a dead bug!
Holy shit, this.

Bethesda are on record for not fixing the big bugs. MUST I mention the Vampire Cure Quest in Oblivion?

This is so asinine that I can't even get worked up about it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
008Zulu said:
Maybe the sheep will buy it, but I didn't buy New Vegas because of all the woes it has. If it (Skyrim) does have the same CTD bug as its predecessors, then I won't buy it either. Any other bug I am not that concerned about, since it will be more reliably patched by the modding community.
But the "sheep" made New Vegas sell like hotcakes, begging the question of why they should change. It would appear we are in a very, VERY tiny minority.

Kuckles

As good as the next man.
Aug 15, 2010
Well actually, isn't a bug they've specifically left in just a feature? It's not a bug if you want to keep it in the game now is it?.

agiganticpanda

Sep 10, 2008
"Bethesda Doesn't Fix Entertaining Bugs
That bizarre but amusing bug might not be an by accident."

So that typo is there for irony reasons?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
As long as i dont get stuck in walls, fall through floors and have the game crash on me......as long as they are not game destroying then they can leave in every other bug if they wish. :)

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
I'm sorry, but can Bethesda please publish a list of all bugs they think are "fun?" I have no idea what they're talking about.

Also, everyone's saying it, but it's true, so I'll repeat it: What's so fun about crashing to desktop!?

Father Tunde

Dec 8, 2010
This is what's known as 'Covering all the bases'. You're game crashes? No worries, Bethesda left it in on purpose.

Rather cunning, but annoying.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
I get where they are coming from, really... but maybe they shouldn't say things like this when their games are notoriously buggy. I've been replaying Oblivion this week to hype myself up a bit before Skyrim, and even patched it crashes atleast once every hour. Makes me thankful for my quicksave addiction.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Bugs made games like space invaders and GTA fun. Seriously, the speeding up of the aliens in SI was a bug based on the low processing speed of the old arcade, and GTA was originally a normal racing game until a bug made the police go mad chasing players. This is a good thing, and I look forward to the results.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
Odbarc said:
I recall a deathclaw floating through the sky having a massive seizure.
I once sniped an enclave soldier in the head, and then he immediately proceeded to dance across the sky with stretchy limbs, only to disappear 3 seconds later. I never found the body.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Jabberwock King said:
Odbarc said:
I recall a deathclaw floating through the sky having a massive seizure.
I once sniped an enclave soldier in the head, and then he immediately proceeded to dance across the sky with stretchy limbs, only to disappear 3 seconds later. I never found the body.
Then he's not dead.

FIND HIM!

Spectrum_Prez

Aug 19, 2009
Considering what the Gamebryo engine actually does, I'm amazed Bethesda games have so few bugs. Things like random NPCs appearing in weird places, strange interactions, misplaced landscapes, scripting conflicts that screw up quests... those type of things can't possibly be totally accounted for when you have the number of variables that exist in a sandbox game.

Don't compare it with a linear shooter, or any other kind of game. There's a limit to what you can "do" in those games, so they're easy to bugtest. The number of variables you can screw around with is much smaller. Bethesda games are ambitious, and as such the risk of random things conflicting with each other is obviously going to be higher.

I think what Howard is talking about is that they prioritize their bugs. That's what all developers do. All the bugs that the community moans about are probably the ones they try to catch. Just think of all the bugs they already dealt with.

Excuse me while I alt+tab back to FNV... having it crash every 5-6 exterior loads... but still loving it.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
In Fallout 3 I once saw a sentry bot commit suicide by sticking it's gatling laser into its face. And then there was that one time when the deathclaw fell from the sky into a tree. Good times... Good times.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
But the "sheep" made New Vegas sell like hotcakes, begging the question of why they should change. It would appear we are in a very, VERY tiny minority.
The sheep will be the ones bitching and moaning on Bethesda's forums about them not fixing the bugs. It's almost like the enjoy being tormented (both the sheep and Bethesda).

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Bethestas games aren't so much buggy as it is a box of bugs that comes with a buggy game. They're trying to make it sound okay but it's really not considering how much their games flat out crash let alone flip a shit for no reason. I mean fallout 3 their 'fix' for it's instability was "play it in windowed mode" and that was that, how about ya fix your crappy game. And the only reason I can progress through New Vegas is a generous dose of F5 while I play. (yes I'm aware Obsidian made the game but it's based on bethestas stuff)

No game company can release a bug free game, but Bethesta is the only company I know that either doesn't bother fixing it or just flat out relies on their huge modding community to fix their screw-ups.