Bethesda Teases... Something

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
DRTJR said:
Just let Obsidian handle Fallout, they do it better anyway.
Agreed!

We seem to be in the majority but give me New Vegas over Fallout 3 any day!

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
No Fallout 4 is a shame. I really loved 3, and unlike most here it seems I don't much care for Obsidian.

God knows what the video is teasing at, I sure as hell can't figure it out.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
amuasyeas said:
It's a MEMOSPORE silly Escapists.

In The Elder Scrolls universe, when a mortal dies, his/her soul either gets claimed (normally by a Daedra Lord), or enters the Dreamsleeve to get recycled back to life. Because the Dreamsleeve connects all souls, talented mages can use it to communicate with each other. Data stored on the Dreamsleeve is called memospore.

Enlighten yourselves, n'wahs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/memospore?feature=watch
Discussion
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1444365-memospore-analysis-vii/
Wait, so they're taking the insaner bits of Elder Scrolls lore and going mainstream with them?

I... I don't think the world is ready for that, or ever will be. I took a dip in the crazy when I read up on the Lorkhan mantling situation and that was difficult enough, as far as I'm aware it just keeps getting more weird and sci-fi-esque, with rogue AIs coming down from spaceships to roam Tamriel and stuff?

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
My guess is it will be something from one of the small studios Bethesda Softworks (the publishing section) owns, not something new from Bethesda Game Studios (the developer section). Lets just pray it isn't an announcement from Bethesda (the Legal section).

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
DRTJR said:
Id like to see them take a crack at Elder Scrolls

OT if not fallout 4 then what? fallout *insert place name here*

dishonoured 2?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
DRTJR said:
Grrrrr. I have a differing opinion. Grrrrr.

If it's a new IP, I hope it's similar to Fallout and Skyrim in gameplay style. That's what I like Bethesda for and when they release something, I tend to want that. I think we need more big, fat western RPGs. Everyone else is making the other stuff, Bethesda has their territory and they're good at what they do.

Aug 1, 2010
I'm reminded of this:
[image/]http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-20130329-15f4e.png[/IMG]

Nooooooooo we SWEAR it isn't that game we know you all want that we're famous for making!

At least, I hope it's all a big ruse and not Bethesda's piece of meh they plop out between Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. We really don't need another Brink...

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Something about barbed wire and record players seems psychological. Maybe... something Cthulhu based? Something outside of Fallout hopefully. I just hope it is something different for a change out of Bethesda.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
At least, I hope it's all a big ruse and not Bethesda's piece of meh they plop out between Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. We really don't need another Brink...
They just publish all that meh between their own games, they don't make them themselves.

captcha: skynet is watching.

Come on captcha, now that you're just trying to freak people out it isn't funny...

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
It's clearly a reboot of Barb Wire featuring Pamela Anderson as the protagonist who fights against Bach on the moon.

Or Fallout 5.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
[quote/]So what could it be? Give us your guesses![/quote]
My guess is it's an attempt to generate hype for something based on a brand name and humanity's imagination.

Seriously, you want to get me hyped for your next release? Show me it. Let me see what it'll look like, how it plays, etc. etc. Don't show me stuff like this, because stuff like this does nothing.