Bethesda Teases... Something

E-Penguin

Jun 7, 2010
dragongit said:
Something about barbed wire and record players seems psychological. Maybe... something Cthulhu based? Something outside of Fallout hopefully. I just hope it is something different for a change out of Bethesda.
I'd love a new game based on Lovecraft's lore, but something tells me that's not the case.

I would imagine it's some sort of psychological horror or something similar, like you suggested.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
The only thing I took away from that Vine is that Bethesda is being run by Totheark.
dragongit said:
Maybe... something Cthulhu based?
They published Dark Corners of the Earth. They might still have the Lovecraft license.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Was anyone else expecting something to happen if you watched it long enough?
You didn't see the giant spider demons? Huh... Maybe I should get my imagination checked.

Wish it was Fallout 4 though, my Fallout itch is starting up again, but if it isn't Fallout, might be a new IP.
Fallout New Vegas sold me on the series. That said, if it is Fallout 4, I would wait about 7 months after release to get it so that all the bugs will be squashed. <.<

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
putowtin said:
DRTJR said:
Just let Obsidian handle Fallout, they do it better anyway.
Agreed!

We seem to be in the majority but give me New Vegas over Fallout 3 any day!
I like New Vegas. I also like F3. Am I some sort of evil being!

cjspyres

Oct 12, 2011
Well, I'm going to scour every inch of it so I can figure out if it's going to be an ARG >_>

On a whim, I looked up 6939, a number shown, and the only real thing I could come up with was the Westinghouse Time Capsule. But I don't think it's related.

Update: Not that I think it's related, but Air on the G String was used in Battle Royale. That would just be wishful thinking for a new idea :p

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
well this may be a slightly far-fetched way of thinking but barbed wire evokes World War One a bit. You know, it being just about everywhere around the trenches. In fact some of the most used battlefield tactics of WW1 all involved barbed wire. No machine gun nest was complete without it. The early 20th century music thing also helps the theory.

WW1 is a setting almost completely unexplored by games so this might just be wishful thinking on my part but wuldn't it be awesome? Think about it.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
C117 said:
A game taking place during World War I... perhaps?

I dunno, I think that could be interesting.
Aye im guessing the same thing but i jumped to the second world war, vinyl records and barbed wire do push to that time period either the first or second world war.

Madman Muntz

Apr 16, 2013
Wolfenstein game maybe?

However I'm willing to bet it will be something horrible like Fallout ONLINE.

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
Mr Cwtchy said:
No Fallout 4 is a shame. I really loved 3, and unlike most here it seems I don't much care for Obsidian.

God knows what the video is teasing at, I sure as hell can't figure it out.
You are not alone. I can't deny the far superior dialogue and conversations in New Vegas, but everything else about it was bland, strangely-empty, and off-putting compared to F3.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Crossing fingers for New IP/Fallout 4 made by Obsdian.
Aaaaaaaand if its just Fallout 4 NOT made by Obsidian... gtfo or skip straight to Fallout 5 for all I care.

Pr0

Feb 20, 2008
This crap after they announce that they're suddenly done with all Skyrim related post release development...and Zenimax's MMOBARF gets outed for the crap it is.

OH SO CLEVER BETHESDA, OH SO CLEVER.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Incarcerated, the Prisoner RPG! Get ready to be shanked! Pre order today!

MrCalypso

Jul 14, 2010
I recall Bethesda tweeting a picture of Corvo a few days before announcing Dishonored. Hopefully we will not have to wait to long to get some answers.

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
PureIrony said:
The only thing I took away from that Vine is that Bethesda is being run by Totheark.
dragongit said:
Maybe... something Cthulhu based?
They published Dark Corners of the Earth. They might still have the Lovecraft license.
What Lovecraft license? Isn't the Cthulu-verse public domain by now?