Bethesda Unveils Skyrim Collector's Edition

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Just curious but..

Well, I already pre-ordered a 360 version of the game, so would I have to pay extra if I wanted the collector's edition? or would it be on a completely separate price tag?

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Wow...I'm looking forward to this game and all (preordered already), but $150 for this? I'll pass!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I was preparing to buy any special edition of Skyrim...which I never usually do. Seems I still wont. Debating on pre-ordering it for the map...except I shouldnt have to, since Morrowind and Oblivion came with the map for free.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
Saelune said:
I was preparing to buy any special edition of Skyrim...which I never usually do. Seems I still wont. Debating on pre-ordering it for the map...except I shouldnt have to, since Morrowind and Oblivion came with the map for free.
You still get a paper map in the box if you don't pre-order. Like you did with Oblivion and Morrowind. It's just if you pre-order it, you'll get a cloth map as well.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Akihiko said:
Saelune said:
You still get a paper map in the box if you don't pre-order. Like you did with Oblivion and Morrowind. It's just if you pre-order it, you'll get a cloth map as well.
Really? Thats good...and it just makes me question the pre-order map in a different way. Ie, redundant.

CManator

Nov 8, 2010
I dunno, it's steep but I want it for the dragon statue.

Hm... maybe if I preorder now and put $40 per month, by the time it's out it'll be paid for ^_^

I'll have to think about this.

edit: just googled PVC... never goddamn mind -_-

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
God... FUCKING DAMNIT!

Why does every game I want have a pretty collectors edition with something to put on my shelf of nerdum!

WHY GOD?!?!?!

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
The book sounds good and the making will be available on the internet eventually, but all I really care about is the game.

I stick with my normal preorder and the fancier map.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Thanatus1992 said:
I was hoping for a collectors edition with a statuette, but I just don't feel comfortable laying down £130 for it.

Edit: I'm going Gollum over this thing.

We wants it so much
No, we can'ts afford it
If we trades in Bayonetta and some others we can affords it
We still likes Bayonetta, and we is unemployed
There are months to go, we may be employed then, but we musts preorder now!

It basically continues like this.
Well lure some Bethesda employees into a cave full of spiders, then TAKE THE GAME!

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
I motherfucking want it. But it's 150? and in limited copies :[
Well, guess I'll get the Digital Deluxe from Steam xP

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Yeah...sorry, I'm not that big of a fan boy where I feel compelled to drop an extra $90 for a statue and some art.

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
That's pretty steep for a virtual card game... oh wait, this isn't Mojang's Scrolls? I got completely confused!

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
Serris said:
Void(null) said:
Serris said:
Andy Chalk said:
CE boasts a Nord-sized price tag of $149.99 in the U.S., ?149.99 in Europe, £129.99 in the U.K. and $199.99 in Australia. Yowtch.
are non-europeans too dumb to figure out money-conversions to euro?
3DS costs 249 dollars, and 249 euros.
I dunno... Are Europeans too dumb to know the price of things?

http://kotaku.com/5825689/how-unusual-was-the-3ds-price-cut

3DS $169.99
nope, 3DS is still 249, as we're not august 12 yet.
Give it a week and you're still wrong.

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
I was kinda interested I really only wanted the art book but theres no way I'm paying 150 for a making of dvd along with the dragon statue which doesn't appeal to me, its really not woth it considering the release date and all of the other games coming out aroun then especially when I can get the CE or a whole other game. I try to limit CE purchases to the 80 dollar range most expensive was the Bioshock 2 CE but it came with some great stuff sweet box, really good and big art book, sountrack along with a vinyl of the first games sountrack, and 3 lithographs nothing was cheap so I felt it was worth the 100 bucks.

Ian Caronia

Jan 5, 2010
Thanatus1992 said:
I was hoping for a collectors edition with a statuette, but I just don't feel comfortable laying down £130 for it.

Edit: I'm going Gollum over this thing.

We wants it so much
No, we can'ts afford it
If we trades in Bayonetta and some others we can affords it
We still likes Bayonetta, and we is unemployed
There are months to go, we may be employed then, but we musts preorder now!

It basically continues like this.
Ha! This is pretty much me to a T also. I have Skyrim pre-ordered, and I was hoping to switch it over to the CE, but $150? Have the execs at Bethesda gone insane? I mean, it has literally everything I would want from a CE: Making-Of DVD, Huge artbook, and a MOTHER FUCKING INCREDIBLE DRAGON STATUE (plus pre-order map)...

But I can't afford that even if it came with a real dragon egg. I mean, who can? Who the hell has $150 to throw at a game these days?
Atlus's "Catherine" special (and limited also) edition was $80
Deus Ex Human Revolution special edition (not as severely limited I don't think) is $70
Think Dark Souls is about $70-$80 too

See the trend, Bethesda Execs? Look, we are drooling uncontrollably here over Skyrim and we really want to get that CE. But the price is too damn high. How about you guys make a different Collector's Edition that excludes the Dragon statue (it hurts me to even type that) and sell that edition for less. ...MUCH less. You'd be able to since nothing else in that CE justifies such a high price tag except for the cost of making that statue.

So, second $80 Skyrim Collector's Edition with 200pg Artbook and Making-Of DVD? Please?
...Seriously. Look at the economy. You really think even the most die hard fans are willing to lose their home for that statue. It's sexy. It's "Curvy and cute bikini model on the beach waiting for you to put lotion on her thighs" sexy. But it's not $150 sexy.

Arbi Trax

Jul 13, 2011
Honestly, why would an indie game, especially the successor to Minecraft, warrant an extra £120 just for some added extras! Notch must be out of his mind!

...oooh, I got The Elder Scrolls mixed up with Scrolls. How silly of me. Someone should probably do something about that.

Edit: Bethesda should know better than charging double the normal price for any game that doesn't come with an inn and wenches attached.

I'll see if the ordinary, ready-salted edition is worth it after the price drop, and buy it then, if at all.

Blood Countess

Oct 22, 2010
I remember when 70 to 80 USD was steep for a CE in my mind but this is total BS.. I will simply get the basic edition, sign of another company thinking it's customer base is stupid

Simeon Ivanov

Jun 2, 2011
Sorry Bethesda, but I don't have enough blood left in my body to donate ... If only I could sell a lung ...