Beyblades

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
A Pious Cultist said:
Wasn't like a cartoon about super powered spinning tops?

=\

Then again Yu Gi Oh is a cartoon about children's card games.

If anyone ever wonders why animé doesnt have main stream acceptance stuff like this is their answer.
I'll give you beyblades, but Yu-Gi-Oh? You've never seen a worldwide tournament with most of the population being 16-30 year olds playing it, have you? It's a strategy card game with anime-style art, great for mathematical skills in the upper middle - high school (Grade 7 - 12) zone.

I don't play it anymore like that, but it's not a "children's game". Just like videogames aren't, despite media attention, "solely for kids".

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Ahhh, the good old days. :D

I wonder if I've still got my dual-weight disk Beyblade somewhere. :D

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Oh, i remember watching this:)

In my primary school everyone used to have these things, it was awesome fun. Good times.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Yeah Beyblades were kick-ass and the show wasn't half bad either.

But that new Metal Fusion shite they have now....no, just no.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I actually liked the first seasons. I still have them, but I am not glad the best ones were the ones form the manga/show. I always play defense and I even had a group, sorta.

But I don't shout LET IT RIP when I play, the game itself is pretty fun!

But the blades hurt like hell when you pick them up when they still spin. >_< I always grip them firmly to stop them.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
How could I forget. Beyblade along with Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh kept me alive as a child.

maffro

Aug 8, 2008
We used to try and find the most dangerous combinations possible. Some weight-rings and attack ring combinations let you use 2 or 3 weight rings, then we'd fill the whole thing up with blu-tac for extra weight.

That fucker used to tear through WALLS.

allways2edlast

Jul 29, 2010
I loved this show as kid. Even if don't watch it now or the new series that came out not long ago. I still remember most of the charactors names, bitbeast (sorry if i spelled that wrong)and they're attacks. Thats more than what My friends can say :). Evenlow as a kid I could see some of the stupide thing in shows ploit.

Now that I think about I like the way you could take the toys apart and reasemble them with new parts, that was cool.

One last thing out of the three series. wich one one do you remember the most, or the toy it self?

For me, season one. Didn't like two and when three came out I was strating to loss intreast but from what I so better than two.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Man, good times. Back then online gaming was for PC's only and I hadn't even heard on the word "Intercourse"

And it was the first anime I ever watched, and I didn't even realise it at the time.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I loved those things, me and my friends always got together to battle with them.

I usually lost.

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
ShadowsofHope said:
I don't play it anymore like that, but it's not a "children's game". Just like videogames aren't, despite media attention, "solely for kids".
It was actually a reference to that whole Yu Gi Oh Abridged thing that people I know over the internet keep talking about.

Musiclly enhanced

Sep 8, 2010
so many memories with beyblades
like when i was at school and this kid kiked my beyblade over a fence and i never got it back so i shouted at him and then he hit me leadin me to hit him super hard in the bollocks :D
good times

iDENTiCON

Mar 14, 2010
A Pious Cultist said:
Wasn't like a cartoon about super powered spinning tops?

=\

Then again Yu Gi Oh is a cartoon about children's card games.

If anyone ever wonders why animé doesnt have main stream acceptance stuff like this is their answer.
Children's card games are SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Never got into Beyblades always thought it was kinda weird, tops n' what not.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Rakkana said:
How could I forget. Beyblade along with Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh kept me alive as a child.
same here, sadly pokémon is the only one I can admit I still play, beyblades mysteriously went missing one day and I just forgot about them and ever whenever I was 10 my yu-gi-oh deck was stolen so I had to scrap together a deck of rejects so that was killed aswell

TehDuke

Dec 1, 2009
Even when I was younger I never saw an appeal in those things. I mean... they're tops. Just tops. Albeit tops with a name branding and TV show, but still.

I was a Pokemon kid myself... hell, I still love the games. I went through a lot of other phases, like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Dragonball Z, and whatnot. Never a Beyblades phase, though.

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
Ahh, the fun times. I remember when the green one came out (first generation, when it was mostly plastic with metal for tips and weight rings), and it beat everyone due to the ball bearings in it helping balance it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
They were awesome. I might start taking mine to college.

LET IT RIP.
Dude, if we were in the same college I'd totally battle you.

[HEADING=2]Let it Rip![/HEADING]

I don't actually know where mine are at the moment though. Some place in my room back in my parents house.

Rakkana said:
Hey, someone else with my childhood :D *highfive*

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Did anyone else giggle when a friend shouted that catch phrase? It always reminded me of flatulence :)[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

stretchyman1

Clerik Von Baron Isenhoures Cake
Feb 10, 2009
They were awesome! But they were banned at my primary school :( Too many accidental deaths xD