Beyblades

Feb 3, 2009
Redlin5 said:
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
They were awesome. I might start taking mine to college.

LET IT RIP.
Dude, if we were in the same college I'd totally battle you.

[HEADING=2]Let it Rip![/HEADING]

I don't actually know where mine are at the moment though. Some place in my room back in my parents house.

Rakkana said:
How could I forget. Beyblade along with Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh kept me alive as a child.
Hey, someone else with my childhood :D *highfive*

[sub][sub][sub][sub]Did anyone else giggle when a friend shouted that catch phrase? It always reminded me of flatulence :)[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Did you ever get the breakfast cereal tops? Back when they used to do free gifts in cereal boxes, they were pretty cool. (though I could be wearing nostalgia goggles)

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
ShadowsofHope said:
A Pious Cultist said:
Wasn't like a cartoon about super powered spinning tops?

=\

Then again Yu Gi Oh is a cartoon about children's card games.

If anyone ever wonders why animé doesnt have main stream acceptance stuff like this is their answer.
I'll give you beyblades, but Yu-Gi-Oh? You've never seen a worldwide tournament with most of the population being 16-30 year olds playing it, have you? It's a strategy card game with anime-style art, great for mathematical skills in the upper middle - high school (Grade 7 - 12) zone.

I don't play it anymore like that, but it's not a "children's game". Just like videogames aren't, despite media attention, "solely for kids".
I don't think he was dismissing the card game, only the show that is based on a card game, where the fate of the world rests on a teenager with a magical puzzle that holds the spirit of a few thousand year old card summoner.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Man I had: Crystal Dragoon, Dragoon-F, Dranzer-S, Dranzer-M, Draciel-F, Draciel-M, Drigger-F and that black lion one thingy.

Tanto-chan

Nov 9, 2009
oh god the memory flood! lol i remember that show. I loved it and loved watching it, and yet i had a problem with them talking to their beyblades as they battled, since it's a top and well have no ears or sentient being to listen with, and yet the top would do what it was told! if only inatimate objects would listen in the real world...

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I loved the whole beyblade fad. Although my beyblades are somewhere under the shed.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I used to freaking love them. My Draciel/Dragoon/custom weightdisk thing was an unstoppable force :D

Jun 11, 2008
Ok I think with the TV show you have give it to them. They managed to make a show about spinning tops mildly interesting. Ah well only in Japan.

OT: Yes I had them and would of love to bought lots but they were a bit expensive for me with gaming habit(addiction).

Emissary Laito

Jun 15, 2010
Oh man, I got waaay too competitive with these things.

Most people customized their Beyblades by mixing them up.
I customized them by going into my dad's workshop and reshaping them.
Ended up with this near invincible thing that used two weight disks.

Almost certainly illegal in any kind of competitive play, but I was 11.
Really didn't care.

WolfenD

May 9, 2010
I think I still have all mine in a box because I can't give any of them away. Too many memories.
But shessh I remember during free time in school we would push the tables together and blade on them. Good times.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
Funny thing about beyblades......they break if you try launch them from a first story window.......

sharks9

Mar 28, 2009
Dango said:
Oh those were the days...
So much nostalgia.
That brought back so many memories.
I remember I bought the main characters beyblade and thought it was the greatest day of my life. If only the monster things came out and fought like in the show. It kinda ruined the match when both of them would spin around the arena and not even hit each other.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
All my friends had metal in theirs.. I had mine be made of full plastic and put a strong magnet inside it... Works wonders. (even if it didnt spin very well the others didnt either)

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Damn, I remember this being popular as hell! xD I remember having two of those when it was popular at my school. Lasted like 6 months or so, then it seems like everyone just forgot about 'em... Didn't really watch the anime though, as it was at 8 or 9 in the morning on TV on Saturdays and Sundays, though the very few episodes I did watch were really good.

Aaahh... Thanks OP, for that nice feeling of nostalgia ^__^

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Those thing are so awesome. I still have all my old ones. I remember by best one had some bottom that you would wind-up and when it started to slow down would get this boost of speed and wreck everything before committing suicide. That thing was a beast.

The anime was also pretty awesome. It was one of my favorites.