Status
Not open for further replies.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
So, I hear that Trump has a few more tricks up his sleeve but I have to think that Biden really will be the next POTUS and... he is already so strange. He sounds like someone suffering from dementia. Your thoughts on this?

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
Heres a better outlet. But yeah, we all called it. We are just playing the waiting game until boomers die off and millennials will take over. This is the perfect time for actual good populists, which seems to go over the heads of both party members.

Reactions: gorfias

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
The X'ers had their chance. Some I've spoken to admit they've blown it.
It's not so much that gen-X blew it, but rather that we've had to put up with boomers for twenty whole-ass years longer than millennials, in some cases. You think they're bad now, you should have seen them back in the '80 and early '90s when they were in their prime, a not-insignificant number of them were cranked out of their minds on the yayo, and the AIDS crisis put an immediate and decisive end to working out their sexual frustrations anywhere but the ballot box. One can hope that early onset dementia thanks to generational lead poisoning, finally melts their brains to the point they're no longer capable of finding polling stations, inside an election cycle or two.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
There’s a whole generation skipped there
They're going to get skipped.

Economically, Gen X got really shafted. The millennial situation looks way worse on paper, but millennials have a few decades to bounce back once the boomers die. Gen X have spent most of their peak earning years in a period of economic stagnation , while also being stuck in the shadow of the boomers who still own most of the wealth.

Millennials are also culturally influential. They're well represented within technology and new media, and tend to adapt to new technology easily. The internet is still a very millennial place (although less so than it used to be) and as the internet has become more important so too have millennials. Gen X don't really have that cultural impact.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Biden's a politician after all. Of course he has Chronic Backstab Disorder. Just because he's preferable to Trump doesn't make him good. He's the syphilis to Trump's full blown aids.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
So, I hear that Trump has a few more tricks up his sleeve but I have to think that Biden really will be the next POTUS and... he is already so strange. He sounds like someone suffering from dementia. Your thoughts on this?

I must admit that I didn't listen to everything he said but based on what I've heard it just seems he doesn't care at all about the progressive base of the Democratic party. After having heard Trump ramble on incoherently for 4 years Biden sounds totally fine.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I must admit that I didn't listen to everything he said but based on what I've heard it just seems he doesn't care at all about the progressive base of the Democratic party. After having heard Trump ramble on incoherently for 4 years Biden sounds totally fine.
I have to think, had Trump acted this way, his own staff would have quietly.... er... silenced him. Maybe Biden's days are numbered.

ITMT: Criminal that there is not a laughing emoji option on the like here. Many of the comment here are terrific. Thanks for contributing.

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020
I have to think, had Trump acted this way, his own staff would have quietly.... er... silenced him. Maybe Biden's days are numbered.

ITMT: Criminal that there is not a laughing emoji option on the like here. Many of the comment here are terrific. Thanks for contributing.
I don't really think so, Trump has said and tweeted much worse. But my point was mainly about mental health. The content of what Biden says is stupid and out of touch with the base (and very defensive). But at least if you'd read a transcript of it you wouldn't be thinking "WTF am I reading here?" like with Trump and his totally incoherent nonsense. Seriously, reading a transcript of a Trump interview is headache inducing. He's both incapable of making coherent sentences and he tends to jump to totally unrelated subjects. That makes him appear a lot more demented than Biden. Biden is just an old defensive corporate democrat. (Which is not a compliment)

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
There’s a whole generation skipped there
It's actually an fascinating trend. At least in the US, I'm not sure how far this trend reaches, every other generation gets skipped. "The greatest generation" followed "the lost generation". "The baby boomers" followed "the silent generation". "Millenials" followed "Gen X", whose name is less on-the-nose, but got that name from being generally disconnected from mainstream society.

It could be as simple as being outnumbered, the generations with more people born into them are the loud ones, But it's an interesting pattern, and looked at as a prediction of the future, millenials will be holding the reigns for a very long time as gen z just shrugs and goes about their business.

Reactions: Trunkage

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I kinda wonder what new generation will take place after covid. We might get a second round of boomers since people will be traveling a lot more and mating after covid.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I suspect Kamala is more or less the same, once she will take Bidens place in about a year. In 4 years, we might get the same situation where a dumb "populist" will win the presidency with retardation.
Guaranteed that that's what will happen. Ignoring what the Gracchus brothers meant for the system didn't stop Caesar from coming about. A return to status quo just means the next one will be worse.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Care if I laugh? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Thank late-member Trollshi for that, although I have a feeling you yourself would cause it to get axed also, so.

Reactions: CaitSeith
Status
Not open for further replies.