Biden v. Trump Election Mega Thread

Who will win the election?

• SleepyJoe

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • It doesn't matter who wins, because we will all lose in some way.

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
You don't want to admit this because you assume every bad thing said about Biden could mean one less vote for Biden which could lead to a cascading effect of Biden losing, and your sort of right because the polls are narrowing, Biden internals show a closer race, but at least I am honest about Trump and point out both sides.
Can you blame anyone for feeling that way? Without joking, I literally forget all the stuff that Trump has done, hurt, or embarrassed. Not that it matters to the cult, because all they care about is "STICK IT TO THE LIBS. DOESN'T MATTER IF I HURT JUST AS LONG AS THE LIBERALS ARE SAD".

Meanwhile, the other side is worried about what's happening to this country and wants to vote in a flawless human to be proud of. Any flaw and half the population is ready to throw him out.

We're voting next to Perfectionists who want the better, more pure version of Jesus Christ (complete with magic). And we're going against a group of people who would cheer, hoot, and holler if their Demagogue soiled himself because they would make it how he flouts traditional norms to prove how truly Alpha he is!

That's a scary world to be apart of.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That clip with Wesley Hunt pisses me the hell off.

My mom and Grandmother didn't have a choice in their health and well being. Someone with the virus brought it to them. My uncle and Cousin had people who didn't wear a mask during their work infect them. That's the thing about communal threats. Your life is everyone's life. You're making everyone's choice for them.

It's like choosing to dump your waste in the water reservoir for your county. It's your waste. You made the choice. You're out there doing the work, so you should be free to do so... except no, Selfish Person, you're doing it in a manner that not everyone can avoid. Congratulations. Because of "MAH RIGHTS", other people must suffer. But you sure are an American, aren't you? Free and Proud...
Yeah it's funny to me, how often "american pride" and "freedom" translates to "permission to act like an asshole to other people for no reason other than I'm an asshole."

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Funny because every time he bans say WeChat(which I use as well), and Tik Tok(which I used, and could get over it), the media complains, the investors complain, and big business complains, and the majority of those institutions are aligned with the democrats at the moment.

Yes, he is banning companies one by one, while a systematic apporach is needed.

I hate Biden, but I also mostly hate domestic neoliberalism and trade/engagement with China. The concept of Neoliberalism in foreign policy-wise for everything else. (collective security, allies free trade, foreign aid, and institutions are fine in theory as that helps the world become a better place)

You don't want to admit this because you assume every bad thing said about Biden could mean one less vote for Biden which could lead to a cascading effect of Biden losing, and your sort of right because the polls are narrowing, Biden internals show a closer race, but at least I am honest about Trump and point out both sides.
I don't want to admit what? That we have the WORST trade deficit with China in 12 years because trump lied to everyone? I don't have a problem admitting that do you?

Where are Trump, his organization and his families products made? Oh yea CHINA. ALL Trump did was bankrupt a bunch of US farmers while getting his daughters trademarks approved in China. It doesn't matter what he says, it matters what he actually did here. YaY for dead and broke farmers as long as Trump gets his trademarks right? Mhmm That must be some GOOD koolaid you got there.

Trump just wanted to ban Tiktok because kids on there trolled him and made him look bad. He isn't actually doing anything that hurts China, he is hurting US businesses and farmers instead.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I don't want to admit what? That we have the WORST trade deficit with China in 12 years because trump lied to everyone? I don't have a problem admitting that do you?

Where are Trump, his organization and his families products made? Oh yea CHINA. ALL Trump did was bankrupt a bunch of US farmers while getting his daughters trademarks approved in China. It doesn't matter what he says, it matters what he actually did here. YaY for dead and broke farmers as long as Trump gets his trademarks right? Mhmm That must be some GOOD koolaid you got there.

Those farmers shouldn't have sold soybeans to China, and only China in the first place, everyone knows you should diversify your buyers and your product.

As for trademarks, If Trump were to choose btw. those, and being the US president he would likely choose to be the US president.

And the people who told those farmers to trade with China(neoliberals) are the same people running Biden's campaign.

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
From what I'm seeing. Donald is only good at having his loyal fanbase, but not good at getting new voters and supporters. Its been 4 years and we got new 18 year olds and lots of libs moving to big red states. We might be in for some good surprises.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Those farmers shouldn't have sold soybeans to China, and only China in the first place, everyone knows you should diversify your buyers and your product.

As for trademarks, If Trump were to choose btw. those, and being the US president he would likely choose to be the US president.

And the people who told those farmers to trade with China(neoliberals) are the same people running Biden's campaign.
They sold soybeans to china because that was where they COULD make money. They shifted to doing so so that they didn't lose their farm. Have you just forgotten the past 30 years in farming and the impact it has had on US farmers? No, Trump wouldn't choose to be president He was supposed to divest from his businesses and REFUSED. He was willing to give up the presidency over it. Go ahead and name the "people" who are running Biden's campaign who told those farmers to trade with China. Prove the exact individuals responsible who did this, or quit making up this nonsense.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
From what I'm seeing. Donald is only good at having his loyal fanbase, but not good at getting new voters and supporters. Its been 4 years and we got new 18 year olds and lots of libs moving to big red states. We might be in for some good surprises.
I Don't want " Texas to be the crappy GOP state it is" and Joe Rogan is ewww. Austin is the best part of Texas and it is the most liberal city here.

Most 18 year olds look at trump and hear what he is saying and do this:

Last edited:

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
They sold soybeans to china because that was where they COULD make money. They shifted to doing so so that they didn't lose their farm. Have you just forgotten the past 30 years in farming and the impact it has had on US farmers? LMAO no Trump wouldn't choose to be president. LMAO! He was supposed to divest from his businesses and REFUSED. He was willing to give up the presidency over it. Go ahead and name the "people" who are running Biden's campaign who told those farmers to trade with China. Prove the exact individuals responsible did this, or quit making up this nonsense.
I will concert to you that no right directly told farmers to trade with China, but here are people who are friendly to China, and improved relations with them, and set up a bridge to trade with China then, and even right now.

-- CHIEF OF STAFF: Ron Klain and Steve Richetti. Klain seems to be the favorite.

Ron Klain is a Clintonite Neoliberal

-- SECRETARY OF STATE: Tony Blinken, Susan Rice, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.).

Susan RIce who follows Kissngers stance on China, also this

Chris Murphy who is a dove, and it's unclear what he would do if China invades ROC or Taiwan

Chris Coons

-- SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: Michèle Flournoy.

Progressives don't like her, but nothing I couldn't find any pro-CCP talk

-- A.G.: Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.).

-- TREASURY SECRETARY: Lael Brainard.

Brainard served as Deputy National Economic Adviser and Chair of the Deputy Secretaries Committee on International Economics during the Clinton administration.[2] In this role, she was responsible for ensuring the implementation of NAFTA, and for preparing the way for China’s entry into the WTO, with few conditions other than granting access to investment banks such as Goldman Sachs[10].

-- TRANSPORTATION SECRETARY: L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti. (This would be a big job in an administration that will certainly push for big infrastructure spending in the first quarter of 2021.)

The state of California does allot of trade with China also this

The mayor of Los Angeles has vowed to keep his city open for business with China despite the dark clouds hanging over Sino-US relations. Eric Garcetti said Los Angeles still aimed to be the “leading Chinese city in America for investment”, as his administration grapples with an escalating trade war between Washington and Beijing, restrictions on Chinese investments and the unpredictability of US President Donald Trump.

-- HHS SECRETARY: Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) and New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham. (Likely the best of Biden's cabinet especially if he picks Bass)

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I will concert to you that no right directly told farmers to trade with China, but here are people who are friendly to China, and improved relations with them, and set up a bridge to trade with China then, and even right now.

-- CHIEF OF STAFF: Ron Klain and Steve Richetti. Klain seems to be the favorite.

Ron Klain is a Clintonite Neoliberal

-- SECRETARY OF STATE: Tony Blinken, Susan Rice, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) and Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.).

Susan RIce who follows Kissngers stance on China, also this

Chris Murphy who is a dove, and it's unclear what he would do if China invades ROC or Taiwan

Chris Coons

-- SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: Michèle Flournoy.

Progressives don't like her, but nothing I couldn't find any pro-CCP talk

-- A.G.: Sen. Doug Jones (D-Ala.).

-- TREASURY SECRETARY: Lael Brainard.

Brainard served as Deputy National Economic Adviser and Chair of the Deputy Secretaries Committee on International Economics during the Clinton administration.[2] In this role, she was responsible for ensuring the implementation of NAFTA, and for preparing the way for China’s entry into the WTO, with few conditions other than granting access to investment banks such as Goldman Sachs[10].

-- TRANSPORTATION SECRETARY: L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti. (This would be a big job in an administration that will certainly push for big infrastructure spending in the first quarter of 2021.)

The state of California does allot of trade with China also this

-- HHS SECRETARY: Rep. Karen Bass (D-Calif.) and New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham. (Likely the best of Biden's cabinet especially if he picks Bass)

The reality is we HAVE to trade with China or greatly reduce the standard of living in the US and China is the only place that actually manufacturers many of the items we use. Most Americans cannot afford to buy American made products due to our current economic system being based on people profiting from others work, not the workers themselves being able to afford to live. Trying to cut off trade with China without drastically changing the economic system in the US would just mean greatly increasing the poverty and wealth inequality gap to the point that people would no longer be able to afford shoes, clothing, computers, phones, or anything else for that matter. You are living in a fantasy world if you think that somehow we can just " stop" doing so without causing extreme suffering in the US.

To offset the amount we Import from China, we need to INCREASE, not decrease our exports to China. We WANT farmers to sell soybeans to china so that this trade just one sides here otherwise we are just sending all out money to china and not the other way around, like we are doing under Trump.

You have to consider the cause and effect of your actions, not just say " cut off all trade with China" and let the people her suffer due to it. We have no plan or ability to change this in the immediate, nor are we even transitioning to being able to do so, so there are no solutions even being proposed here at all.

Saying I hate china, stop trading with them" is just stupid tbh because of what happens if we do. We would need to greatly redistribute wealth in the US closing the wealth inequality gap before that could even be considered.

In addition, none of what you posted actually " proves" anything. The numbers don't lie and we are at our worst trade deficit in 12 years BECAUSE of Trump.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The reality is we HAVE to trade with China or greatly reduce the standard of living in the US and China is the only place that actually manufacturers many of the items we use. Most Americans cannot afford to buy American made products due to our current economic system being based on people profiting from others work, not the workers themselves being able to afford to live. Trying to cut off trade with China without drastically changing the economic system in the US would just mean greatly increasing the poverty and wealth inequality gap to the point that people would no longer be able to afford shoes, clothing, computers, phones, or anything else for that matter. You are living in a fantasy world if you think that somehow we can just " stop" doing so without causing extreme suffering in the US.

To offset the amount we Import from China, we need to INCREASE, not decrease our exports to China. We WANT farmers to sell soybeans to china so that this trade just one sides here otherwise we are just sending all out money to china and not the other way around, like we are doing under Trump.

You have to consider the cause and effect of your actions, not just say " cut off all trade with China" and let the people her suffer due to it. We have no plan or ability to change this in the immediate, nor are we even transitioning to being able to do so, so there are no solutions even being proposed here at all.

Saying I hate china, stop trading with them" is just stupid tbh because of what happens if we do. We would need to greatly redistribute wealth in the US closing the wealth inequality gap before that could even be considered.

In addition, none of what you posted actually " proves" anything. The numbers don't lie and we are at our worst trade deficit in 12 years BECAUSE of Trump.
Why not buy products from Vietnam, Indonesia, India, and the Philippines. Why not produce our own rare Earths. Also, we need to reduce both imports and exports from China, and we need to decoupled our economies, stop CCP students from coming here, and do a Magnitsky Act on high ranking Chinese oligarchs. Maybe you're from texas where they have benefited from trade with China, but in Ohio, we are dying because of China. We have rust belts in Akron, and Cleveland because China took the manufacturing factories away.

And the Chinese will never let you just increase exports to China, they will want us to increase imports as well, and that will increase problems for the US in the long term.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Why not buy products from Vietnam, Indonesia, India, and the Philippines. Why not produce our own rare Earths. Also, we need to reduce both imports and exports from China, and we need to decoupled our economies, stop CCP students from coming here, and do a Magnitsky Act on high ranking Chinese oligarchs. Maybe you're from texas where they have benefited from trade with China, but in Ohio, we are dying because of China. We have rust belts in Akron, and Cleveland because China took the manufacturing factories away.

And the Chinese will never let you just increase exports to China, they will want us to increase imports as well, and that will increase problems for the US in the long term.
Rare earths are a matter of location, and we would destroy, pollute and poison native American Reservations, national landmarks, and necessary resources in order to extract many of those rare earth minerals in the US. We really don't want that here to begin with. We have already poisoned millions of people, we are supposed to be trying to clean up this mess, not make a bigger one. The jobs are not coming back in manufacturing, even the factories in China are moving to fully automated factories. The factories are just bringing pollution, not jobs. The solution here isn't to pollute up the US more, it is to convert our economy to one that is beneficial and serves the people rather than treats the people as disposable and replaceable as the current slave wage based economy does. We have to actually start to transition to a better economy, not just try to continue what is obviously not working for us at all here.

The " green new deal" is supposed to actually shift us to something better and provide jobs in the process. Those profiting off of contaminating everyone and everything they touch do not like it because it takes away their power, but it is better for the people and our future to end their power in the first place.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Rare earths are a matter of location, and we would destroy, pollute and poison native American Reservations, national landmarks, and necessary resources in order to extract many of those rare earth minerals in the US. We really don't want that here to begin with. We have already poisoned millions of people, we are supposed to be trying to clean up this mess, not make a bigger one. The jobs are not coming back in manufacturing, even the factories in China are moving to fully automated factories. The factories are just bringing pollution, not jobs. The solution here isn't to pollute up the US more, it is to convert our economy to one that is beneficial and serves the people rather than treats the people as disposable and replaceable as the current slave wage based economy does. We have to actually start to transition to a better economy, not just try to continue what is obviously not working for us at all here.

The " green new deal" is supposed to actually shift us to something better and provide jobs in the process. Those profiting off of contaminating everyone and everything they touch do not like it because it takes away their power, but it is better for the people and our future to end their power in the first place.
We already have a rare Earth Mine, not on a natural park, and native American land.

And China is just going to move coal fire plants either away from their city centers, or to other countries. They aren't serious about fighting climate change.

And I am sure Non-China Asia would love to have China's factories, let's buy from them instead of China.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
We already have a rare Earth Mine, not on a natural park, and native American land.

And China is just going to move coal fire plants either away from their city centers, or to other countries. They aren't serious about fighting climate change.

And I am sure Non-China Asia would love to have China's factories, let's buy from them instead of China.
Why do you think I was saying it is more difficult for us to open more rare earth mines in the US? The one we have keeps contaminating everything as it is, and look at the map above to where the rare earth minerals are.

China created the largest Solar farm in the world so that they WILL be able to shift off of coal. They are taking the steps necessary to being able to shut the coal plants down when they build enough supplemental power.

We DO buy things from other countries, just not all other countries have everything we can buy from China. The other nations are not the size or have the ability to produce everything we buy from China. That is a primary issue here. People in the US already cannot afford basic necessities, they cannot afford price increases. If we fail to address the actual economic issues in the US first, making any changes that will increase the cost of living and lower standard of living isn't feasible.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

^Points out how it's not about what ones groups position actually is just painting the other group as the enemy.

This election really shows it. To a lesser extend 2016 showed it too.

This election Biden really hasn't set clear positions, but nor has Trump either.

in 2016 Trump had obvious clear stances and positions on stuff. Hillary gave you the option of 5 second audio bites or saying "Well if you wanted to know my policy on X why didn't you read the 75-200 page document I put out just on this single policy which was one among many"

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

^Points out how it's not about what ones groups position actually is just painting the other group as the enemy.

This election Biden really hasn't set clear positions, but nor has Trump either.

in 2016 Trump had obvious clear stances and positions on stuff. Hillary gave you the option of 5 second audio bites or saying "Well if you wanted to know my policy on X why didn't you read the 75-200 page document I put out just on this single policy which was one among many"
For my edification, can you go in the past elections and show me what actually constitutes your definition of "Clear Positions"

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
For my edification, can you go in the past elections and show me what actually constitutes your definition of "Clear Positions"
Yea, I am seeing Republicans like John Kasich not exactly "Hating Democrats" and I even supported Joh McCain. He was literally a hero for my Tribe to help stop the kidnapping of native Children and forcing them to go to the Christian rape school.

It is the GOP trying to literally kill Americans and pushing systemic racism that is the primary problem here above all else. We have lots of issues we disagree on, but some of these issues are just so seriously messed up how can that somehow be okay to do anywhere?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐

Um what sort of amnesia is this?! Trump literally held every position possible on every issue in 2016. CLEAR? HAHAHAA! HAHAHAHA!

That is the first time I have EVER heard anyone attempt to claim this.

Also Hillary actually had teams of experts create a well vetted clear cut policy and had it available on her website. Not "soundbites" Hillary had an extensive and well vetted plan here on every issue and had it included in her first years budget available for everyone to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.