Biggest douchebag NPC's in gaming?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I honestly don't get what they were going for with little lamplight in FO3 unless somone thourght it would be hilarious that they make the kids insufferable shit heads...well one kid in particular

oh that and illusive man....

oh and Ceisar from New Vegas

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Everyone's forgetting the obvious:

...you are correct. Fuck. That. Guy. Erm...dog. That guydog. That dog guy. Whatever. You also reminded me of

Because, fuck him. Fuck him as well.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
DoPo said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

...you are correct. Fuck. That. Guy. Erm...dog. That guydog. That dog guy. Whatever. You also reminded me of

Oh man, that yeti. I was reminded of that game in a completely unrelated way earlier tonight[footnote]I was browsing the Google Play store and noticed an app that reminded me of it. Then I found out there was a clone of it, and loaded it up on my phone. Unfortunately it was missing pretty much all of my favorite features, notably the ability to do flips when you jump. So I uninstalled it about five minutes after downloading it.[/footnote]. That demotivational poster is wrong, though. It's possible to outrun the yeti if you hit the F key to go faster. It's just flippin' hard, you can't make any mistakes.

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Vault101 said:
I honestly don't get what they were going for with little lamplight in FO3 unless somone thourght it would be hilarious that they make the kids insufferable shit heads...well one kid in particular
Was going to nominate someone else, but then you reminded me of those invincible little pricks. Fuck Little Lamplight.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Owyn_Merrilin said:
DoPo said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Oh man, that yeti. I was reminded of that game in a completely unrelated way earlier tonight[footnote]I was browsing the Google Play store and noticed an app that reminded me of it. Then I found out there was a clone of it, and loaded it up on my phone. Unfortunately it was missing pretty much all of my favorite features, notably the ability to do flips when you jump. So I uninstalled it about five minutes after downloading it.[/footnote]. That demotivational poster is wrong, though. It's possible to outrun the yeti if you hit the F key to go faster. It's just flippin' hard, you can't make any mistakes.
Yeah

I just find that demotivational poster more fun.

He's still an asshole, though.

(also, I just played SkiFree, like, a minute ago. Turns out, my old copy doesn't work on a 64 bit system, but you can find a working version here [http://ski.ihoc.net/])

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Any child from any Bethesda game.
Seriously, people wouldn't demand the ability to kill children in that game if they weren't made to be so damn annoying.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Kashrlyyk said:
Kormir from Guild Wars Nightfalls.
I'll one-up that with Trahearne from GW2. He's Kormir with an additional six years of writing experience that apparently went to waste.

Seriously, fuck that guy. He gives sylvari a bad name, and that's terrible.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
That little **** who runs around Whiterun talking shit to everyone. You know the one I mean.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Any NPC that counts as a solid object that can path in front of a doorway, thus blocking you from being able to enter/exit a building. Extra points if you can't nudge them away.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Tingle from LoZ: Wind Waker. Why the hell did he had to charge so much! Seriosuly that game was the only game to have the mazxium rupees you can hold by ten fold!

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
The Little Lamplight kids from Fallout 3. Yeah, those "child-killer" mods exist for a reason.

Also, Larry from The Walking Dead, especially in the first episode. Fuck that guy.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
Janus Vesta said:
The biggest douche bag NPC is Eric Sparrow. He takes every opportuiny possible to screw you over and make you look like a dick infront of Tony Hawk. He 'forgets' to sign you up to the Pro/Am contest in Vancouver, gets you kicked off the team once you finally get Tony's attention and then he steals the jump tape from Hawai'i and says he made the jump.

Fuck that guy. It's a good thing you can make him cry like a ***** in a second playthrough.
My favourite bit about the tape is that my skater had no head - he was just a pair of floating eyes and sunglasses, who also had purely skeleton arms. so the silhouette of the guy has no head but they all still think -yep, seems legit.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
The_Blue_Rider said:
So some of you may remember my thread from a few days ago, "Just got Dark Souls, any tips for a beginner", well I've played for just over 14 hours now and I've gotten through Blighttown (Havent killed the boss yet, gonna come back for that).
Before you try, make sure you go in human form through that swamp at the bottom until you get invaded by Maneater Mildred. If you kill her (she's easy) you get to summon her to help you out with the boss fight, which makes it a cake walk. Boss is pretty easy anyway, a thousand times nicer than the one in Anor Londo, but it's still nice to have someone else there to distract it.

Apr 25, 2009
Ha! I came into this thread meaning to say just that!

Lautrec is a massive douchebag, and a massive pain in the ass to kill in New Londo. I had to leave that invasion by the wayside for ages and level up tons before I could kill him.

On my second playthrough, which I'm doing right now (on a new character), I attacked him as soon as I freed him because I wanted to see how everything worked from there. Needless to say he turned me into mincemeat with his bloody dual scythes and parrying dagger. I still haven't been able to kill him, he's just chilling up there on that staircase still.

There are a metric ton of douchebags in Skyrim, but I honestly hate every character in that game...

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
someonehairy-ish said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
So some of you may remember my thread from a few days ago, "Just got Dark Souls, any tips for a beginner", well I've played for just over 14 hours now and I've gotten through Blighttown (Havent killed the boss yet, gonna come back for that).
Before you try, make sure you go in human form through that swamp at the bottom until you get invaded by Maneater Mildred. If you kill her (she's easy) you get to summon her to help you out with the boss fight, which makes it a cake walk. Boss is pretty easy anyway, a thousand times nicer than the one in Anor Londo, but it's still nice to have someone else there to distract it.
I summoned a bit of help for Ornstein and Smough, I assumed that since there were two of them I might want a bit of backup. Although apart from them Anor Londo was rather easy

Digi7 said:
Ha! I came into this thread meaning to say just that!

Lautrec is a massive douchebag, and a massive pain in the ass to kill in New Londo. I had to leave that invasion by the wayside for ages and level up tons before I could kill him.

On my second playthrough, which I'm doing right now (on a new character), I attacked him as soon as I freed him because I wanted to see how everything worked from there. Needless to say he turned me into mincemeat with his bloody dual scythes and parrying dagger. I still haven't been able to kill him, he's just chilling up there on that staircase still.

There are a metric ton of douchebags in Skyrim, but I honestly hate every character in that game...
In my next playthrough im definitely going to just kick Lautrec off Firelink Shrine first chance I get.

And yeah, his battle wouldnt be such a ***** if you could use Estus flasks, I only beat him through luck, I ran up the stairs and he left his companions to chase me, I hit him with a few Pyromancies, and then we double KO-ed eachother, which thankfully, counted as my win

Smolderin

Feb 5, 2012
bigfatcarp93 said:
That little **** who runs around Whiterun talking shit to everyone. You know the one I mean.
Nazreem? That one Redguard with the uppity attitude? Or maybe that one kid in Dragonsreach who always says, "Another adventurer coming here to lick my father's boots, good job". Both are equally jerkish...the only difference is that I can kill the Redguard...

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Waverly and Esma Boyle from Dishonored. Waverly's an utter snob, whilst Esma's such a slut that the thought of a man trying to assassinate her turns her on. I mean, women have the right to sleep around and all that, but there's a line.