Bill Cosby found Guilty

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/arts/television/bill-cosby-guilty-retrial.html

NORRISTOWN, Pa. ? A jury found Bill Cosby guilty Thursday of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home near here 14 years ago, capping the downfall of one of the world?s best-known entertainers, and offering a measure of satisfaction to the dozens of women who for years have accused him of similar assaults against them.
The three counts ? penetration with lack of consent, penetration while unconscious and penetration after administering an intoxicant ? are felonies, each punishable by up to 10 years in state prison, though the sentences could be served concurrently.
About time! Though Money and power let him get away with it for most of his life, at least they were able to finally convict him after all these years. Though who knows if he will ever actually serve time, his money and power could still shield him in that regard.

djinns

Nov 9, 2016
Country
US
The Anti-Sjw crowd is out in force on social media claiming these women are evil feminist gold diggers despite none of them asking for a dime.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
kevenzo said:
The Anti-Sjw crowd is out in force on social media claiming these women are evil feminist gold diggers despite none of them asking for a dime.
Which because none of the obvious ones like Sargon of Akkad or Stefan Molyneux is covering it?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
That only took a couple of years after it blew up (That was 2015 I think) after decades of it happening.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
kevenzo said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Which because none of the obvious ones like Sargon of Akkad or Stefan Molyneux is covering it?
I kinda figured maybe the racist/misogynist overlap would be enough to mute the response. XD For the record, I haven't seen any of the usual suspects weighing in, either.

Ravenbom

Oct 24, 2008
https://youtu.be/FhwktRDG_aQ

With this verdict, I think we all could use a movie like Would You be My Neighbor? now more than ever.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Justice was made...

*sad sigh*

Why did you have to do that, Cosby? You did wrong and you knew it, Bill...

Sep 24, 2008
I'm torn about this.

I'm glad he's going to go to prison. All heinous crimes need to be answered for. I don't care how much I liked your work in the past, it does not excuse your efforts of being subhuman garbage that prays on anyone.

Also, I grew up a black kid in the 80's. I realize how much he's done for us, the perception of us. He was a literal race emissary [https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2017/06/12/532242734/when-what-was-good-for-bill-cosby-was-good-for-black-america] for a lot of us. In mainstream society, All Blacks have to answer for what all blacks do. And I feel the taint of his betrayal against humanity on me. And I absolutely do not like it.

Jan 27, 2011
They actually got him?!

...Holy hell, I had no hope they'd get him on this. Welp, justice is served.

It's such a shame too. I LOVED his comedy stuff as a kid. It's a criminal shame that he was a terrible person in the end. :(

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
Samtemdo8 said:
kevenzo said:
Give it a week. If they aren't ranting on it by then, they're letting it pass.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
ObsidianJones said:
I'm torn about this.

I'm glad he's going to go to prison. All heinous crimes need to be answered for. I don't care how much I liked your work in the past, it does not excuse your efforts of being subhuman garbage that prays on anyone.

Also, I grew up a black kid in the 80's. I realize how much he's done for us, the perception of us. He was a literal race emissary [https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2017/06/12/532242734/when-what-was-good-for-bill-cosby-was-good-for-black-america] for a lot of us. In mainstream society, All Blacks have to answer for what all blacks do. And I feel the taint of his betrayal against humanity on me. And I absolutely do not like it.
I personally think Morgan Freemen and Denzel Washington did more for black people then Cosby, Especially in the one movie they were together in:

Unless what did Bill Cosby do that others did not?

Sep 24, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
ObsidianJones said:
I'm torn about this.

I personally think Morgan Freemen and Denzel Washington did more for black people then Cosby, Especially in the one movie they were together in:

Unless what did Bill Cosby do that others did not?
Humor does more to bridge waters than you would think. Philadelphia [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_(film)] might have been ground breaking for homosexuals, But "Will and Grace" and "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" made it ok to like them.

Everyone realizes everyone else has problems. Showing plights doesn't open hearts. Hell, we have proof that cops are shooting unarmed black men all over and there's a big segment of society that says "...so? How does this affect me?". But being likable is always huge. It leads to fondness and even respect. Showing people that you're not that bad, and hell, you're kind of endearing? That does more than just drama.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
ObsidianJones said:
Also, I grew up a black kid in the 80's. I realize how much he's done for us, the perception of us. He was a literal race emissary [https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2017/06/12/532242734/when-what-was-good-for-bill-cosby-was-good-for-black-america] for a lot of us. In mainstream society, All Blacks have to answer for what all blacks do.
You say "mainstream society", but imagine the places like the one I grew up in. I mean, I have no memory of ever meeting a single black person before one time when there was this guy on the bus when I was at least 12. Not because they were driven out or anything, but because we never did the whole slavery thing (not that it stops me being somehow held responsible for that on account of my perceived paleness). And I do remember watching Cosby regularly as a kid, being puzzled by certain cultural aspects, like that time Theo got his head shaved. I was like "Why would any kid want to shave their head?"

It wasn't until I was in my teens that more black people started showing up, and those were not people from across town or whatever. They were refugees from another continent that I had no language in common with. So yeah, for a time the guy was quite influential in the way black people were perceived.