BioShock 2 Dev Calls Console Wars "Silly"

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
George Palmer said:
Oh yeah? Well MACs are better than PC's!

*jumps behind hedge
Fire burns hedges. You sure you wanna do this?
[small]and if these are your tactics, wanna play some Halo/MW/CoD/pick game of your choice[/small]

kuzaro

Nov 22, 2009
Discussing console wars is as silly as console wars itself.

I have a PS3 and its pretty good just a shame there aren't many good games for it. Also i reckon xbox is slightly better.

George Palmer

Halfro Representative
Feb 23, 2009
Captain Blackout said:
George Palmer said:

*jumps behind hedge
[small]and if these are your tactics, wanna play some Halo/MW/CoD/pick game of your choice[/small]
I never said it was a hedge of plant material.

Captain Blackout

Feb 17, 2009
George Palmer said:
Captain Blackout said:
George Palmer said:

*jumps behind hedge
I never said it was a hedge of plant material.
DAMN YOU AND YOUR THINKING AHEAD!
I think this sums up console wars well.....

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Tiut said:
gg console fags.

You make such a spectacle of yourselves that even the devs think you're silly.
PC gamers are capable of vicious elitism just as much as console players. I know because I'm one myself- a PC gamer, not an elitist.

Saying that console players are inferior/lesser beings/idiots, which they're not, is just as elitist as saying PC gamers are pretentious drama queens, which they're not.

Outamyhead

Feb 25, 2009
Noelveiga said:
You say that like it's an inherently good thing.

Which, of course, is fanboyism and "platform partisanship" (I love that one) and makes you a Big Daddy target.

Seriously, PC fanboys are the ones that annoy me the most. Probably because console fanboys deep down know that they're engaging in silly, juvenile stuff. There is almost always a sarcastic component in their trolling, as with sports team followers. They realize there is nothing inherently positive in advocating their platform or team, but they do it anyway, for fun or as a defense mechanism to justify a purchase.

But not PC fans. Oh, no. The PC fanboy is a proper zealot. He will not accept anybody telling him that a controller is a viable control method for a FPS, not even as a subjective opinion. He will not acknowledge that his rig is overpriced, or too complicated to set up or otherwise inefficient.

Prod them in the right spot and they will even turn against other PCs. Try bringing up a vague desire to purchase a gaming laptop and see what happens. PC purists will only accept PCs that are purebreed desktop animals. No ATX case, no service, boy.

And, worst of all, they don't move on. They never move on. I know because I did, and it was such a struggle. They can turn fifty and have grandkids and they will still not accept the Wii as a "gaming platform". It's scary, actually.
You have a great counter argument, if it wasn't for the fact that I bought the consoles after I was already into PC gaming, I do like some games on the consoles, I have a whole bunch of great games that I only play on the console like Street Fighter 4, GTA 4, Gran Turismo, and others, but there have been some games that I have bought and then thought WTF is this POS (Warhawk is a prime example of lack of effort on the publishers part, so is that Soul Caliber adventure quest thing on the Wii, played that once and never again)?

I like the Wii, don't play it as much as the PS3 but I still enjoy gaming on it, and a console controller is a viable controller, in certain applications, I did try out some shooter demo's on the PS3 and just annoyed the heck out of me, especially if I own the PC version of the game and know that without aim assist I can do the same thing a damn site quicker, and without losing so much health in the process.

My wife owns a laptop that plays games perfectly, can deal with dragon age without any problems, even Crysis, maybe I'm not Zealot material, or I'm just an exception to the rule your trying to prove.

I like consoles, but I use my PC a lot more, especially when I can get the same game for less money (providing the demo, and the reviews impress me), and in the case of Dragon Age, better looking.

And I didn't buy Batman AA for the PC because the console version is easier to control and graphically not much difference from the PC version, and who gives a fig about physics, doesn't add anything to the game play, unless smashing a window gives you your jollies?

Yeah a PC does cost more than a console most of the time (if you looking to play current games on it), but then it does so much more than just games, it's a photo editor/art/design/media editing system, it can be used to play or stream music, it has utilities to get work done, or homework depending on your age, I can browse the internet, it plays movies in the same HD quality as your TV and Blu-ray setup...if you add that all up, don't be surprised to see it match if not work out cheaper than all those appliances put together, my system was definitely cheaper than the Blu-Ray PS3 and the 42" flat screen TV combined.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Wasder said:
The_Oracle said:
Sev said:
Lesson is, kids: The only reason why people hate the other console is because it has awesome games that theirs doesn't have.
That's ridiculous! The real lesson is 'fanboy' can be used as a verb and 2K has an army of Big Daddies they're not afraid of using.
And we've seen them! Remember the Uber-Edition?

He speaks thruths, but I prefer the PS3 as a console (call me wierd but I like the controllers), and I'd still not like Halo all that much even if it was on PS3.
How is it wierd? The 360 controller is only better for FPS's give me a dualshock anyday, its just so comfortable. I'd have to agree ive always preffered sony over microsoft, but maybe thats cus i grew up with sony

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Mehif they treated the PC like a console and ported all the multi platform/360 games to it us PC gamers would not hate on the consoles nearly as much....then again all that dumbed down gaming might just win us over and we would buy more consoles......mmmmmm

Oh and what about game fanboys that hate bioshock because its unfinished and unbalanced?*hides*

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Random Bobcat said:
I find it rich that someone can deface what is essentially people's opinions.

Yes I may believe console wars are a task in futility, but I still respect the formation of said opinion. Providing there is some actual backing bar "PS3 sucks", "Get that 360 out of my face or I'll eat you brickwork" or "The Wii is X(X)".

It's common human nature (as it pleases me to say) as quoted above. People crave meaning, and competition gives the very convincing illusion of meaning and purpose. This in turn gives meaning and purpose to their chosen activity and supplies self acclaimation.

If someone believes what they are doing is "right" they can apply a lot more of their being into it, without the weight of guilt to drag it down.

That is why I can understand the people that "fight" the "console wars", objectivity is a nice thing.
I tend to look at it this way. Subconsciously we know just how retarded our beliefs are. The more retarded we know they are the harder we fight for them.

Look for people who kill others just to validate their belief, that's someone who realizes it is completely utterly retarded and must take extreme action just to be able to continue that belief.

On the less side of things, the people who spend hours online lampooning other consoles are just showing off this phenomenon on a much less deadly spectrum.

Regardless in their subconscious they know it is painfully, and entirely by their choice, retarded.

Lexodus

Apr 14, 2009
If it's so stupid, why the fuck not go the whole hog and port Bioshock over to the Wii already? ()(>.<)()

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
But being a fanboy is fun. It gives you something to bond over. "Oh, you like Xbox? I like Xbox! Let's get married!" Okay. Maybe not quite like that. But it is entertaining to defend your console to the death. Isn't it? I guess that's just me.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Kudos to this guy for hardcore Truth-Saying. If you're a console wars fanatic who trashes all the other consoles for the grievous sin of Not Being Your Console, you're a moron.