BioShock 2 Dev Calls Console Wars "Silly"

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
KillerMidget said:
Xbots? Sony Defence Force?

Please God don't tell me they actually exist.
My thoughts exactly.

BTW, who the hell bashed Metal Gear?! I think I may have died alittle inside.

I guess the good thing about owning all consoles is that I can safely defend and insult them. Then if someone calls me a fangirl, I can just take a pic of me with all my consoles.

But I'm glad the Bioshock 2 devs are against the wars! I wish there was a way to make it where PS3 and 360 owners could play together, maybe then we could bridge the gap!

Bioshock Devs: 1
Fanboys/girls: -9,000

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
randomrob said:
i like this guy. Every generation has a console war. This generation is actually very evenly matched (apart from the wii, which is shit), (i have a wii so i can say that)
And I really wanted to get in before the dumbasses started agreeing completely but for the exception of the Wii.

"Oh yes, I agree console wars and fanboyism are completely silly... Oh and the Wii is shit."

And the best part, you think this line of thinking is justified and valid because you own a Wii. I was so hopeful that an article that brings attention to the stupidity of the "this console sucks" mob would have deterred them from posting, but well here you are.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Wait, what's all this talk about "exclusive"? I had this game on PC before I even know it WAS on the 360, unless PC doesn't count as a legitimate gaming platform anymore - to which I notice console fanboys think it's not.

But whatever. I laugh at console wars. I think it's amusing to watch babies fight over their toys instead of enjoying them. Especially when they feel they have to defend the toy they're stuck with because Mommy and Daddy got it for them. My favorite part of these "wars" is how people will pull something completely out of their ass and present it as fact.

Hell, just yesterday I had to shut up a friend of mine (Xbox Fanboy) who decided to just rip on the PS3 for no apparent reason. He was saying that the controllers only work for so long before you have to replace the entire unit because the batteries will crap out if you use them long enough; completely ignoring the fact that ALL rechargeable batteries will eventually lose their charge and that most of them are good for only a few thousand recharges anyways.

He also completely forgot that the 360 he worships so fucking much ALSO uses rechargeable batteries that will eventually lose their charge over a certain period of time, just like every device with rechargeable batteries.

But getting technical: even if you somehow reached this limit with a PS3 controller during it's not-that-fucking-long existence, replacing the battery on a PS3 controller is just as easy as changing one of these [http://www.g-maxx.com/images/speed_dis1000p.jpg] on a RadioShack brand R/C car. Seriously.

Okay, maybe I'm being unfair. Not everyone has the disposable income to be able to purchase all three systems and a PC that doesn't suck so they can have a more balanced opinion. Sorry. But really, that's still no reason why people have to be so prickish over something as trivial as why they feel the console The Parentals purchased for them is "teh super10r".

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
thanks 2K, screw Xbots, Sony fanboys, nintendo legions, PC exlcusive nerds, and...thats about it. handheld and iphone gamers keep quiet thank God.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
Yeah it seems a bit trivial, all this fanboy nonsense. I think it's people trying to justify their purchase, hoping that they didn't pick the wrong console/brand etc. I've had a PS3 since launch day and it's been a faithful little funbox ever since. When Left for Dead came out I bought an Xbox and I grabbed a Wii for Smash Bros. To be perfectly honest they all do they same thing; just in different ways. I rate all three, but I'm not gonna go rep them all over the internet. Chances are if your on a forum like this one, you've already made your choice and who am I to tell you you're wrong.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I actually agree. It is a bit silly to say a PS3 or an Xbox just sucks for no reason. I mean, you can't play LittleBigPlanet on 360 and you can't play Gears of War 2 on PS3. There's no reason behind it.

Now PC's... PC's are still the best and nothing can compare.

minnull

Feb 10, 2010
I became a fan boy for a short period of time. It was two weeks after the Wii came out. I was obsessed with getting Nintendo to rise back up and reclaim the top spot in the gaming world. I really got out of gaming once the Sony Playstation 2 became huge. I was never really into the types of games that came out on PS2, Xbox. Gamecube kind of stopped trying once Nintendo started to lose the market. I missed the types of games I fell in love with on N64 and Sega Dreamcast. When I heard Nintendo was coming out with a new console and saw the trailer for Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess I nearly jumped out of my chair at work. So I bought a wii; another for my girl friend; one for my brother; convinced all my friends to buy one; Spread the word at work and so forth.

After about a year of that madness I gave up on Nintendo. The types of games I wanted to re-emerge so badly ended up either coming out sparingly or not at all. Now I use steam for PC gaming (started off as a 'try the new unreal tournament' curiosity and I've never looked back).

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
I'm still waiting for the day when SEGA says, "Fuck this," and starts making consoles again. You know it's right around the corner...Right?

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
I know someone who is as close to being a fanboy with out being a fanboy. He hates Xboxs because he had one that died on him. He dosen't take shit from M$ and if it was the other way around he'd hate Sony just as much. Also he hates inFamous (except for Cole's character design) If it wasn't for that I'd say he is a fanboy.
John Funk said:
Are you a diehard PS3 fanboy and registered Sony Defense Force member? Are you a member of Microsoft's legion of Xbots? If you are, then BioShock 2 developer 2K Marin thinks you're silly.
BioShock 2 developer 2K Marin, a.k.a. my new favorite developer.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I don't care for console wars and fanboyism... what gets me is the developers and producers who promote this bull. They are the epitome of evil that exists in the current generation of games. Not that exclusives aren't welcome, a bit of friendly competition to create an actual choice is nice. But to release a quality title on one machine and then port it to another to be sub par is an insult to all gamers.

Simply put, consoles should get equal treatment in terms of game quality and PC's should get back the attention they once had (I WANT SPACE SIMS!!!)

Spectre39

Oct 6, 2008
I wouldn't consider me a rabid fanboy, but I do have a strong preference to Xbox. Now, I'm not an extremist, especially since that post-warranty RROD. But I find the Wii too casual, and there haven't been any games that are too tempting to cross over to PS3. Though, if my finances allow for more disposable income, I'm more likely to give the PS3 a more open-minded assessment.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
Mornelithe said:
Says the developer that sold timed exclusivity of one of the bigger games in the current console cycle? Apparently, one could derive from that statement and their previous actions that they only care about money. Not about developing for their fans, and certainly not about promoting hardware designed and manufactured in an inferior manner to current industry standards.

Bravo 2K?
If it wasn't for this timed exclusivity, there's a good chance the original Bioshock would've never been made. 2K was reluctant to invest in it, since System Shock 2 didn't sell all that well and I suppose Microsoft's money played some part in its development. And since Bioshock is my absolute favourite game of all time, that would've been much worse.
You just have to understand that videogame companies such as 2K are huge. Of course they want to make profit. Besides, I don't think Jordan Thomas had any say in Bioshocks exclusive deal back then. So he can say whatever the hell he wants.

On the console war thing: I personally hate the Wii, but I only said that after giving it a fair chance. And you'll never find me bashing someone's head in, because he owns one.
Xbox and PS3 both rock. That's why I bought both of them.

The Admiral

Jul 23, 2008
Lately, I think we have been seeing fewer fanboys and more anti-fanboys. I would be the latter in that I own a 360 and will be the first to tell you all the reasons it sucks and why its exclusive titles suck.

agentspidersilk

Jun 2, 2009
corroded said:
Sev said:
Lesson is, kids: The only reason why people hate the other console is because it has awesome games that theirs doesn't have.
Noooooo!

The lesson is buy a PC because bickering about second place is retarded

mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I joke.

What he said ^.
I think all the consoles have their advantages but still prefer pc, and yes i have all the consoles and i'm inpartial it all depends what you want.
Ps. dont upset 2k they'll splice bioshcok with the ring and you dont want a big daddy or splicer diving out the tv