BioWare Confirms Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Lodgicalwill

Nov 12, 2009
Hoestly, I'd be happy with another Dragon Age game, I really enjoyed both the previous installments and Awakening too. As long as they give us more variety in the environments and give us an compelling storyline as well as keeping the combat fluid and challenging, then I'll be pretty happy. Well, that and they don't do a ME ending on us again.

Karinnare

Dec 2, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
not once did I end up dealing with consequences I couldn't predict.
So that means the objectives were clear, well presented so that you can understand what's required of you, and the game did not lie to you either, so in the end you made an informed choice.
It is a piece of crap game indeed, I see it now.

I love how you picked out the two posts in a 3 page thread that you can turn into an argument, but ignored the rest.

The romances are still terribly written and not up to par to the rest of the game(s). You read the thread, so you know why I think so. One assistent turning you down doesn't make the possible romances any better.
I did pick a few out of many, for a couple of reasons:

1. They are valid.
2. I didn't think it appropriate to comment 2pages worth of ideas from another thread here; I can do it and we can discuss about it there.

Until then, one assistant turning me down is one step closer to that thing done right that better reflects the real world.

Anyway, I guess it is my problem. Maybe I shouldn't have read all those mediocre books, that way I wouldn't be spoiled by all these decent characters with their development and shit. Then I could truly apprecciate Mordin and Samara!

And perhaps, then I could make posts like you too. Respond to legitimate quarrels with something that boils down to "Well I like it because I like it!".

But alas, I watched to much good TV, played to many good games and read a few good books, so I guess that is not going to happen.
When I started with "I like it", I followed with an argument.
If you read your books as well as you did this post, it's clear how much you understand out of them.
Let me save you the trouble and quote myself:
" I also enjoy the geth, at first they reminded me of the algae from Herbert's Pandora trilogy. "

See? An argument! Do you understand how it works?

Saying "I read good books and watch good TV, thus this is shallow." is different.
What exactly is shallow in it? What are you comparing it with that was done better?

I could fall back to generic and vague moral statements like yours as well: "I too read good books and, in the light of that, you post is not good."
However, that is not a proper way to sustain your point of view.

Broken metaphor, you can't compare a game of football to a fictional story about whatever.
I am, of course, as any reasonable person would guess, comparing nothing.

I am saying that by shitty telling, anything can be made uninteresting.
"It starts, some shit goes around, then it ends."

Mass Effect.
Game of football.
Story of your life.
Of mine.
Of Earth.

The fact that they're different, yet they sound the same when told in your fashion, only strengthens my point.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Karinnare said:
Black and white morality - how is that a flaw? Don't we have good and evil in everyday life?
No, not really. "Evil" tends to require being bad "for the sake of being bad", such a concept doesn't really happen in real life very often.

There are those who commit atrocities, but when they do there is normally some kind of psychological issue involved as opposed to them being born with the "evil gene".

In reality, very rarely is one side entirely wrong, while the other side is entirely right. There are always multiple perspectives, and it normally tends to be whatever side you start on, that you end up supporting.

The fact that more civilians have died due to allied forces invading Iraq and Afghanistan than those who died in the 9/11 and 7/7 attacks is proof of that.

Karinnare

Dec 2, 2010
I completely agree with you Legion.

However, simplification should not be a foreign concept either.
Just as the games don't require you to eat, or else your character dies, you know...