BioWare Confirms Dragon Age III: Inquisition

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Dear bioware if you do not at least once in the game allow you to say nobody expects the chantry inquisition the game is ruined.
All joking aside I?m cautiously optimistic I haven?t played mass effect 3 yet but the general opinion seems to be awesome beside the ending which got fixed so I like to think they learned from the mistakes in dragon age 2(also havent played) and as long as they don?t rush the game(im looking at you ea) it might be good.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Nobody expects the Orlesian Inquisition!

-ahem-

I really hope this turns out to be great. I did like Dragon Age 2 despite the many flaws it did have(why is every freaking mage in Kirkwall a Blood Mage!?). And I got over the Mass Effect 3 ending thing. Well I don't hold the whole of BioWare responsible for it at least... just Casey Hudson.

After that little announcement from EA about how they're only doing multiplayer now makes me very concerned for how this is going to turn out(as long as it doesn't affect the single player campaign like in Mass Effect 3, I'll be happy). I'm sure everyone in the Dragon Age team is probably sweating bullets on this project though.

EDIT

It'll be nice to see Orlais finally. It should also be fun to be an inquisitor... I see potential for some really good morally grey decision making. I would like a Qunari party member again too, Preferably Sten himself.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
okay, now just to wait for the mean-spirited, juvenile comments that pop up every time Bioware is mentioned -sets up lawn chair-

Anyway, kinda wish they held off on announcing this until they actually had something to show. Hearing about a game and then waiting MONTHS to see anything about it really sucks

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Neat. I'm one of the few people who actually liked Dragon Age 2 - better than Origins, in fact - so I'm looking forward to this.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
i liked DAII and i loved ME3(besides the last 10 minutes) so i'm still looking forward to this, but i hope they learned from the silly mistakes they made in DAII.

Akexi

May 15, 2008
I'm still kind of worried about that requirement that EA has for its published titles that it must have a multiplayer mode. Not like DA 2's dumbass combat and weak characters didn't mutilate my immersion as is, but being in battle with my ally Generalbuuface2016 isn't going to help.

nexus

May 30, 2012
They seem to be less concerned with making Dragon Age an RPG, and more concerned with making Dragon Age an allegory to politics and religion. Dragon Age 2 had a juvenile story, it was forced and had too much "opinions" from the real world injected into it. Most of the characters made no sense, nothing they did was believable.. they only served as vehicles to force the allegory.

I used to love Bioware games because of the very strong characters.. perhaps I'm just wearing rose-tinted goggles and I'm just seeing the games for what they really are.

Anyway... with DA3 "Inquisition", it seems they're kicking out the stops and going full-speed with everything I disliked with DA2. Oh well... I'll withhold my judgment but I'm not raising my expectations either.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
Now goddamnit, Bioware better have at least one line in the game along the lines of: "No one expects the ____ Inquisition!"

OT: I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Funnily enough, I just today started a new playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins.

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
Cautious optimism.

Here's hoping there's an actual top-down camera in the PC version this time around, instead of some assclown port.

They can keep their flashy, AZN combat. Just give me waveless combat, where positioning and tactics actually matter (or have the blood mage be invincible again)and you can throw in all the particle effects and anime style fighting you want.

I do sincerely hope this is more Origins than Dragon Age II though. I absolutely love the original. But only time will tell.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
I tell you this, I'm certainly not gonna pre-order this one. I lost my faith in Bioware, so I'll just wait and see for myself.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
Mcoffey said:
Will it be a sequel to a good game, or will it be a sequel to Dragon Age 2? I fear the series is already too tainted to be saved. They should've just pulled a Highlander and forgot 2 ever happened.
Yargh...You just had to mention that awful, awful sequel that I had successfully repressed though the 4th one was bad when they reduced the skills of sword fighting to pretty much power levels of he's taken 10 heads the other guy has taken 2 so 10 heads wins and also conner and duncan combining their head count to win...

OT: I don't even have the energy to be cautiously optimistic with this. I didn't like DA2 anywhere near as much as origins, I never bothered with ME3 because of reading how the ending destroyed any choice I may have made, and now EA are trying to tack multiplayer into everything whether it's required or not. So yeah the only way I'd be interested in this is if bioware free themselves from EA or there are a number of outstanding unbiased reviews a couple of weeks after launch, not a chance in hell that I'd risk a preorder on them anymore.
Finaly there is the sheer contempt the higher ups showed to their fans with their its art don't criticise b******t, erm, art is criticised all the time we even have a job for it, they're called art critics. Though I agree that after the art is released you do not change it, so that people can view its merits and its flaws without a guy coming in and tacking on bits after the release saying sorry this should be like that etc.
Ok rant over.
(Decides to fund Project Eternity instead)

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
As many others pointed out, cautiously optimistic.

I'm going to wait for the release and see if they have more than 3 different environments this time around.

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
El Danny said:
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Meh, as far as I'm concerned between now and Project Eternity there aren't any RPGs going to be released.

Bioware has been absorbed into the EA borg. Look for tacked on multiplayer, consolized interface, and Origin exclusivity in this one. Wait let me add more....day 1 DLC, online pass codes, "optional" multiplayer that is actually gamechanging, more money spent on marketing than development, more money spent on executives and shareholders than development, pretty pictures but shallow forgettable gameplay, or linear railroad gameplay into scripted sequences that make for good looking trailers, lack of support for mods or player made content and player run servers, in game marketing....etc etc etc.

Bioware is dead.
Disagree, Mass Effect 1-3 was amazing, Dragon Age 1-2 are my favourite RPGs of all time. I suspect one again Bioware will make an astounding game only to be crucified by the community for a pick or two in the crust of an otherwise brilliant game.
While I won't say Dragon Age 2 was one of my favorite RPGs of all time, I will agree that despite the obvious flaws, it was still a damn good game. I'm in agreement that fans of Bioware seem to have two modes when regarding their games--"shining glory of success" and "complete failure worth none of our time". There's no middle ground. Dragon Age 2 wasn't what people were expecting or even wanted from a Dragon Age game, therefore it's shit to them. I know. I was one of them. Was it still a good game worth a $60 price? Hell yes, but they won't recognize that.

Dragon Age 2 is a good game. Mass Effect 3 is a good game. They have flaws the previous entries didn't. It's whether you allow those flaws ruin your experience because you want it to be something its not.

But let's be honest, most of the people "boycotting" Bioware games will still purchase this at some point (or pirate if they're that stubborn not to pay the studio for their hard work). Oh, I'm sure there will be the determined few, but they'll be in the minority.