BioWare Could Move Away from Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
I'm not surprised. It's not like Bioware is proving to be good at making Fantasy RPGs anymore.

Or at least, having the people who would be good with making Fantasy RPGs on the Fantasy RPG projects.

Example:

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
dragongit said:
A... steam punk RPG? its kinda like fantasy, kinda like science fiction, but not...
[HEADING=1]YES[/HEADING]

Or someone could develop a full-blown Skyrim TC that puts you in the Ergo Proxy universe. I'd pay hundreds for that.

snfonseka said:
arc1991 said:
A spy game by Bioware would be awesome!

I would like to Bioware create a nice FPS to, that would be amusing.
Call of Mass: Black Effect :p
And it's about fat afro-americans trying to take over McDonalds by force...
Something tells me it's too offensive for the mainstream FPS market. Plus, FOX would just take a dump on it.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Orcus The Ultimate said:
Hristo Tzonkov said:
dragongit said:
A... steam punk RPG? its kinda like fantasy, kinda like science fiction, but not...
Maybe redo Arcanum?
THIS IS GENIUS ! further deep thinking: why not doing Arcanum 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 ?
id like to see a steam punk or cyber punk style rpg or maybe some other form of alternate past/future style rpg or maybe throw it all together in a time travel/alternate dimension rpg like chrono cross/chrono trigger

AwesomeNinjaPowers

May 31, 2009
I did think of Jade Empire first as it's still my favorite Bioware game hands down so nertz xp. Plus it was the first game I bought on the origional Xbox and it's the one that made me sell my sould to Bioware =D

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Making a good version of Alpha Protocol does indeed have a certain appeal to me. Heck, it's Bioware, even their lesser games like DA2 are a heck of a lot better then some devellopers best properties, so I have total fate they can pull it of.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
As long as they will continue creating good RPG's with amazing storyline and characters, setting does not matter.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Sicamat said:
RanD00M said:
Sicamat said:
But there is no such thing as an JRPG with good writing.
What does that have to do with anything?
By saying "worst video game writing since mid 90's JRPGS" you implied that there are JRPGs with good writing, there are none.
Not it doesn't. It implies that the worst video game writing was in mid 90's JRPGS, that is not to say that any JRPG had good writing. But there is just a thing as a JRPG with good writing. So all in all your just wrong on both accounts.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Once it's not set in our world, I think a Bioware game would be fantastic. One of the things they are best at is creating worlds, and there is only so much you can create if its set in the here and now or in the here and past.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I would love a Bioware Spy or detective game. It might even be something I considered pre-ordering (very rare).

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
So they've done Mass Effect ("Space Quest") and Dragon Age ("King's Quest"), and they're moving on to other genres. Any bets that we're going to see a modern day police RPG, or maybe an adult comedy RPG where you play a guy in a leisure suit? Adventure games have dealt with this issue of novel settings for some time.

I know that a lot of us are concerned that Bioware is starting to de-emphasize its RPG roots. If that's true, they really are starting to produce old school adventure games, which are essentially linear RPGs.

kingmob

Jan 20, 2010
You know, that would actually be magnificent. I never realized we did not have those really. Would be really interested what they could create, especially story-wise there is a lot of room.

Zerbye said:
So they've done Mass Effect ("Space Quest") and Dragon Age ("King's Quest"), and they're moving on to other genres. Any bets that we're going to see a modern day police RPG, or maybe an adult comedy RPG where you play a guy in a leisure suit? Adventure games have dealt with this issue of novel settings for some time.

I know that a lot of us are concerned that Bioware is starting to de-emphasize its RPG roots. If that's true, they really are starting to produce old school adventure games, which are essentially linear RPGs.
Well, it looks like "police quest" right now ;) Which was a fun adventure game btw.

barash

Mar 29, 2010
theultimateend said:
barash said:
Whatever they make, will be 'streamlined to be even more accessible to the fans and when you press a button something awesome will happen! Twice!'.

Screw Bioware, they're cutting to many corners in the name of a quicker buck. And the corners they cut are all from the RPG-part of the equation.
Whatever it is it'll be super gay.

I mean that literally. They are forcing the topic so hard. Good lord, I'm as pro sexuality of any natural nature as you can get without becoming a point singularity for it, but even I'm thinking "Alright guys...that's a little bit forced."

I imagine their next game will be like heavy rain but the plot twist will be that everyone is gay.

I wouldn't mind it if it was canon, but the hardcore retconning is just really jarring.

Again, in no way anti-gay, just think Bioware is going about it very tacky and ruining an oppurtunity.
Found this in the deep currents of teh interwebz - gave me the lolsies ^_^

--

Meanwhile, at Bioware..

:trollface

--

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
barash said:
Found this in the deep currents of teh interwebz - gave me the lolsies ^_^

--

Meanwhile, at Bioware..

:trollface

--
If that's real I find that troubling. But it basically hits my point. They are trying WAY too hard.

But I suppose it is their game at the end of the day :/

I await the shocker when the reapers turn out to be gay.

"I just wanted you to love me Shepard."

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Mantonio said:
I'm not surprised. It's not like Bioware is proving to be good at making Fantasy RPGs anymore.

Or at least, having the people who would be good with making Fantasy RPGs on the Fantasy RPG projects.

Example:

Bioware wants to make Call of Duty. Literally. If they could switch IPs with Infinity ward and be the actual developers for MW3:You're Going to Have Gay Sex During This Game and You're Gong To Like It, they would.