BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
More gamer entitlement whargarbl. It's like the moment you see someone else getting a better deal than you because they wanted to pay a little extra, you ***** and whine.

Bioware has every right to say what the "full game" entails and how much they want to charge for it. If you disagree with that valuation, that's completely fair, but don't act like they're trying to rip you off by asking you to compensate their employees for additional content.

Now if the DLC is intended to make you pay to have Shepard actually in the game, I'd understand. But whining and tantrums are the typical M.O. of the entitlement generation.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Zeel said:
Agente L said:
What's up with the use of "gamer entitlement" at every bioware thread now?

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?
Yes. That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.
AND HERE IS ZEEL. ALL BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW OVERLORD AND BASK IN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. ALL HAIL ZEEL. ALL HAIL ZEEL.

But seriously, nobody is going to boycott this thing. Boycotts for video games have NEVER worked. People will ***** and moan, then go buy the game and forget why they bitched and moaned in the first place.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
tony2077 said:
Zeel said:
Agente L said:

Everyone that disagree with the way bioware does business now are angry gamers with "gamer entitlement? Is that a new buzzword or what?
Yes. That and "Bioware is telling the truth". I'd sooner bite off my thumb than believe a word that comes out of the Bioware's PR team. Their entire job is lie to the consumer.
your hatred of bioware makes it so you couldn't see the truth if it jumped out in front of you and said hello
"the truth"? I see the facts here: essential character being removed to boost collector edition sales. What other truth do I need to see?

Bioware decided that aslong as I can complete the game, it's okay?

You can believe that. I have no reason to, however.
the facts are everywhere and they say your wrong so why do you keep acting like its bs when its not

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Zeel said:
rolfwesselius said:
Zeel said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Sandytimeman said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
I draw the line right here. You do not get to remove ESSENTIAL FUCKING content just to ship more fucking collector editions.
Added on content. Not cut content.

Something extra for people who buy the CE and available to buy if you didn't.
Not really I mean, story wise, a living breathing prothean is a HUGE deal. I mean wow a living being from a race that was wiped out 50,000 years ago but managed to help give you a fighting chance.

That seems pretty fucking critical to me.

I imagine just a few years down the road, right before the final cutscene of a game that would give you your ending an EA window will pop up and it will go, to see the final scene you'll need our Deluxe Ending DLC pack! It encludes an extra ending to the game! It's added content! (and the non DLC ending is just a cut to black "Game Over" screen without it.)

I know I'm going to sound very hipster on this...but I really enjoy not buying AAA titles anymore. They just nickel and dime us more, they become part of these heartless ginormous publishers like EA or Activision. Better to buy Indie and save yourself the heart ache of getting fucked on DLC.
The Prothean is in the game regardless. The DLC just makes him recruitable as a squad mate and the couple of side quests that entails.
I keep hearing about this. Can I see where you guys are getting 'this'? Not that it matter mind you, but I like to stay informed.
Supposedly it is in the leaked script and that came out before they started on this.
So no confirmation at all. As far as we know, the only way to get the prothean is to buy the collectors edition or the DLC? This is disgraceful.
No according to the leaked script you will get the prothean anyway but he is only in squadmate form as dlc.
Remember this.
EA are douchebags.
But they are not stupid remember that They know what they can get away with.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Zeel said:
Agente L said:

AND HERE IS ZEEL. ALL BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW OVERLORD AND BASK IN HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. ALL HAIL ZEEL. ALL HAIL ZEEL.

But seriously, nobody is going to boycott this thing. Boycotts for video games have NEVER worked. People will ***** and moan, then go buy the game and forget why they bitched and moaned in the first place.
"Kneel before Zeel"

Has kind of a nice ring to it don't you think?

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
scorptatious said:
The article clearly said that creation of the dlc started right after the main game was complete. It is not part of the main game. You will not miss out on the "full experience" just because you didn't pay for an optional part of the game.
Oh but Scorptatious, to the entitlement generation, ANYTHING you have that they don't is akin to THEFT, and worthy of an Occupy Bioware protest. They have agents in black ops gear who break into your house, take your "complete" copy of Mass Effect 3, and chop off a piece of it like an act of genital mutilation! Then they have the nerve - the NERVE! - to leave you a bill to pay for the black ops team and their equipment/training, signed in diarrhea!

...or something like that.

*moar facepalm*

Oh, and the ONLY essential character to the Mass Effect trilogy, IS SHEPARD.

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
War Penguin said:
Wait, I want to get things straight, here: If you get the ME 3 Collector's Edition, you get the DLC for free. Does that mean the DLC is included on the disc? Or is it just free to purchase online?

If it's on disc, then if you had time to put it in the CE then why didn't you have time to put it in the regular game? Doesn't the CE take more time to make than the regular?

If it's just free online purchase: Well, I guess that makes some sense. Still, I'm not too happy about it. You'd think that this character, who had all of this mystery and lore surrounding his people, would be much more important to the story. I keep hearing that he'll still be in the story, even without the DLC, and that he's just not a squad member. That I'm okay with, and I sure as hell hope it's true.
The way it sounds, the game was already in the process of manufacture and pressing when they started the DLC. So, they completed ME3 start to finish, then started this in the downtime between the point where they hand the data to be burned and the point where we get it in our stores/mail boxes. So, it sounds like it's not on the disc. Which means there should be a code with our CEs (those who preordered them) that gives us free access to it.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Zeel said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Zeel said:
Agente L said:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3
It worked on both those EA game titles. Stop trying to derail the issue.

It's wrong no matter how much they sell.
However you're acting like Bioware walked into your house on christmas morning, proceeded to steal every worldly possession you have and then slap you in the face for good measure. The characer is included in the game. The squadmate is not.

You see the difference? You're not losing anything. You're just whining like a child because you don't want to pay for extra content.

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
Zeel said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Zeel said:
Agente L said:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

I went to go pick up my Asura's Wrath and put more money on my ME3 CE yesterday. According to the dude at my local Gamestop, no one had cancelled their preorder.

Maybe it's too soon. Or he's just trying to save face. Or he just doesn't know. But it more seems like an internet uproar.

I preordered ME3 last year. So, this really wouldn't have affected me one way or the other.

Edit: Typo. I'm dumb for that.

Zachery Gaskins

Mar 29, 2011
"WHY DOES HIS HAMBURGER HAVE BACON? MINE DOESN'T HAVE BACON. I DON'T CARE THAT HE PAID MORE FOR HIS BURGER - YOU KNEW ALL ALONG YOU COULD PUT BACON ON THE HAMBURGER - WHY ARE YOU LYING TO US"

So what the whargarblers are saying, essentially, is that a hamburger is incomplete unless it has bacon on it?

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
sheeple? honestly? we're using that term un-ironically? seriously? well thank god bioware is distracting the truth seers; as i was afraid that they were onto my secret operation to inject nanobots into the water supply of the entire world.

being serious, if this is anything like the mass effect 2 dlc, i'm not reeaally missing anything important.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Agente L said:

It goes both ways I'd argue. People who criticize Bioware are called entitled, while people who don't are sheep/fanboys or just wallets with no brains. It's basically non-stop strawmen.

My opinion? Don't really care. I might purchase this at a later time, but as of now I really don't have the time or money to be purchasing new titles. Either way the DLC doesn't really bug me.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Zachery Gaskins said:
"WHY DOES HIS HAMBURGER HAVE BACON? MINE DOESN'T HAVE BACON. I DON'T CARE THAT HE PAID MORE FOR HIS BURGER - YOU KNEW ALL ALONG YOU COULD PUT BACON ON THE HAMBURGER - WHY ARE YOU LYING TO US"

So what the whargarblers are saying, essentially, is that a hamburger is incomplete unless it has bacon on it?
What I'm saying that I'm starving, and then I read that. You're a terrible person D:

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Zeel said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Zeel said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Zeel said:
Agente L said:

Dead Space 2
and
Battlefield 3

However you're acting like Bioware walked into your house on christmas morning, proceeded to steal every worldly possession you have and then slap you in the face for good measure. The characer is included in the game. The squadmate is not.

You see the difference? You're not losing anything. You're just whining like a child because you don't want to pay for extra content.
You can not be that bloody naive. EA games is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE producer of games. If this trend continues how much do you think I'm going to lose in the future? Games I'm interested in will cost almost twice as much just to have the 'privilege' of the full experience. I will draw the line here, atleast if we fail then I know i didn't rollover quietly like some people.
... You're not a goddamn freedom fighter. It's a game. Seriously if you don't want the bloody thing then don't buy it. Nobody will ultimately give a damn. Now crawl back to the basement you came from, where you've probably been online continuously since '98.