BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
SirBryghtside said:
That's all perfectly reasonable.

Well, apart from the fact that day one DLC is an absolute abomination, but there you go.
i'm getting it for free and i will get bf3 as well god i love being me

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
SajuukKhar said:
No Zeel I didn't say the leaks were even remotely right.

I said we only have a broad strokes picture of what is going to happen in the game, which ONLY means while at first glace they may seem the same they are not necessarily the same.

Don't twist words, and insert nonexistent assumptions/implications.
If we have all the plot points how the hell do we only have "broad strokes" of a picture. Small minor dialogue is broad strokes. ENTIRE PLOT POINTS AREN'T. Stop trying to quibble with me woman. YOU WILL LOSE AS YOU've LOST TIME AND TIME AGAIN.
your the only one here that's lost now face the light and repent your sins repent repent

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
SirBryghtside said:

Well, apart from the fact that day one DLC is an absolute abomination, but there you go.
Why is the release of content they made after the main game was done so abysmal?

If it was somehow conceivably possible for them to make DAO:Awakening in the time between when the base game was done, and the time it came out, and they did, and then they released it day 1 also, I don't anyone should have a problem with it. If they can make the content why not get it out as soon as possible so people can have more to play?

As long as it isn't some critical piece of info, which this prothean isn't, it shouldn't matter if it comes out day 1 or day 100. No one is making you buy it and it isn't required to get a FULL base game.

Also
@Zeel why do you call EVERYONE female if you have no idea of their gender?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
SirBryghtside said:
tony2077 said:
SirBryghtside said:

How? Or would explaining it get you banned on these forums ;)
there was a promotion a few days back for bf3 and i got the deluxe edition so i should be getting the dlc for free

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
tony2077 said:
SirBryghtside said:

For 2 days (i.e. until someone at EA realised and shut it down) anyone who preordered ME3 digital deluxe would get BF3 free. But with a lot of terms, like US only. People who preordered in that time slot are still getting BF3 though, so props to EA for honouring that slip up.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Android2137 said:
Paying for alternate appearance DLC, I can understand. Paying for weapon DLC, I can understand. It's having to pay for a squadmate that really ticks me off.
If I might ask, why? What's so different about paying for an extra squadmate that makes it so horrible compared to paying for extra weapons?
Stronger and niftier weapons are cool and all, but even with the blah default weapons, nothing changes in terms of storyline. You shoot until your enemies are dead. The only difference is the amount of time it takes for said enemies to die. Unless Shepard and all squadmates start talking based on what specific model of firearm they're wielding at the time, character interaction doesn't change. Story doesn't change in the slightest. That is not so with an additional squadmate.
Squadmates talk, interact. They flesh out the world. If you don't recruit Garrus in ME1, you don't feel the friction between him and Wrex when they talk about the Krogan Rebellions and the genophage. If you don't recruit Legion in ME2, the geth as a whole remain mindless machines to your Shepard's perception. Tali doesn't get to react to Legion. If you don't pay for Kasumi, you don't get her adorable lines, any info on the conspiracy Keiji discovered (there are images of Reapers hidden in his graybox), and any consequences from that. If you don't download Zaeed, you miss out on his colorful tales, his gruff personality, and some fleshing out of a major merc band. I will admit Zaeed isn't important, but he's very interesting. They all added something to the story. Yes, I caved and paid for Kasumi because I wanted her that bad, but I was still ticked about it, especially after finding out about the Reapers hidden in the graybox.
(And while I'm in full rant mode, I'd like to get something off my chest about the Arrival DLC. That was seriously important! So important you actually start ME3 talking about it! Something that major should have been free! It's like buying an entire book, but paying for an extra chapter just so that the next one in the series would make sense!)

dragonswarrior

Also a Social Justice Warrior
Feb 13, 2012
Eh. What they are saying makes sense. If it isn't actually a big plot point then I don't see why people are making a fuss. Fans probably already shelled out the extra for the collector's edition and non-fans who just want to play the game shouldn't care about a character that may be cool but doesn't really matter.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Richardplex said:
SirBryghtside said:
tony2077 said:
SirBryghtside said:

For 2 days (i.e. until someone at EA realised and shut it down) anyone who preordered ME3 digital deluxe would get BF3 free. But with a lot of terms, like US only. People who preordered in that time slot are still getting BF3 though, so props to EA for honouring that slip up.
its North America only at least i hope so since I'm in Canada but it was in usd so maybe i won't have to worry. i was told i'd get it on the eight so i'll just have to wait and see if i have to talk to the live person about it

Loethlin

Itchy Witch
Apr 24, 2011
Richardplex said:
People who preordered in that time slot are still getting BF3 though, so props to EA for honouring that slip up.
What? NO WAY! It's some kind of a LIE! Yes! A LIE! Or EVIL SCHEME!
Or maybe aliens.
I have proof: because I said so!

That was a joke. Of course.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:
well as long as we keep you here the rest of the forums are clean
It's a sacrifice we have made.

We do it not for ourselves, but the for the betterment of the internet.

We shall not be remembered, but we will make a difference.
You are the hero the internet deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
WE"RE THE GOD DAMNED BATMAN
Holy shit, you're right!

[HEADING=1]We're the Batman![/HEADING]

Were do we pick up our outfits?
We only get them with the DLC......
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8L8xm-3cuwcvSdWfVziIT0PwHZKEHBjqUtPqk-5_Oqhz7mF6WN1hZtTlt

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Zeel said:
Richardplex said:
And by principle, I mean, his right to tell us that we're sheeple for deciding how we use our money.
Nope. Don't care if you buy. Do care if you are defending it. Its one thing to not care about 10, its another to want to spend more money. It's so ridiculous I cant wrap my head around it.
You do care if I am defending my right to buy things? Defending the right of a company to charge whatever they want for whatever they want for something that is entertainment only, thus not being required and can simply be avoided? Defending Capitalism? Realising I am not entitled to anything, least of all something made post game... certification?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
tony2077 said:
Richardplex said:
SirBryghtside said:
tony2077 said:
SirBryghtside said:

its North America only at least i hope so since I'm in Canada but it was in usd so maybe i won't have to worry
All I know is that it wasn't available in Europe, *cries into pillow*

Dec 14, 2009
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:

Holy shit, you're right!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8L8xm-3cuwcvSdWfVziIT0PwHZKEHBjqUtPqk-5_Oqhz7mF6WN1hZtTlt
And with that, the joke comes full circle.

Good night folks, have a safe journey home and don't forget to tip your waitress.

[sub]I fucking love the escapist.[/sub]

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Richardplex said:
tony2077 said:
Richardplex said:
SirBryghtside said:
tony2077 said:
SirBryghtside said:

its North America only at least i hope so since I'm in Canada but it was in usd so maybe i won't have to worry
All I know is that it wasn't available in Europe, *cries into pillow*
i know it sad but I'd like to help but origin doesn't have a gift option

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Richardplex said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Richardplex said:
Besides, this was intended from the beginning to be for the Collector's/Digital Deluxe Edition
If that's true, then Michael Gambles argument carries little weight. If whatever content is ready to be paid for on the release day, then it would make for good PR. The rest of what you said makes perfect sense however, most of the complainers are just being entitled little twats.
I meant that there was content intended from the beginning to be part of the collector's edition, that content wasn't necessarily ready beforehand, if that was the logical fallacy you were referring to.
I get what you mean, but if they intended for it to be ready on release day, then why not let people have for free. Well I'll you why, EA. I'm just saying I disagree with this particular business practice they have taken up here.

I'd just like to point out that this DLC seems like it should be a part of the main game anyway, whether or not they developed it after.

Doesn't matter anyhow, I'm simply going to vote with my wallet.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:

Holy shit, you're right!

And with that, the joke comes full circle.

Good night folks, have a safe journey home and don't forget to tip your waitress.

[sub]I fucking love the escapist.[/sub]
Gotta hand it to Zeel. I really feel like all his efforts in this thread have brought us all closer together.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Richardplex said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Richardplex said:
Besides, this was intended from the beginning to be for the Collector's/Digital Deluxe Edition
If that's true, then Michael Gambles argument carries little weight. If whatever content is ready to be paid for on the release day, then it would make for good PR. The rest of what you said makes perfect sense however, most of the complainers are just being entitled little twats.
I meant that there was content intended from the beginning to be part of the collector's edition, that content wasn't necessarily ready beforehand, if that was the logical fallacy you were referring to.
I get what you mean, but if they intended for it to be ready on release day, then why not let people have for free. Well I'll you why, EA. I'm just saying I disagree with this particular business practice they have taken up here.

I'd just like to point out that this DLC seems like it should be a part of the main game anyway, whether or not they developed it after.

Doesn't matter anyhow, I'm simply going to vote with my wallet.
Becuase the content was made AFTER the main game was done, with a desperate budget, separate costs etc. etc.