anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:
well as long as we keep you here the rest of the forums are clean
It's a sacrifice we have made.

We do it not for ourselves, but the for the betterment of the internet.

We shall not be remembered, but we will make a difference.
You are the hero the internet deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
WE"RE THE GOD DAMNED BATMAN
Holy shit, you're right!

[HEADING=1]We're the Batman![/HEADING]

Were do we pick up our outfits?
We only get them with the DLC......
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8L8xm-3cuwcvSdWfVziIT0PwHZKEHBjqUtPqk-5_Oqhz7mF6WN1hZtTlt
And with that, the joke comes full circle.

Good night folks, have a safe journey home and don't forget to tip your waitress.

[sub]I fucking love the escapist.[/sub]
Gotta hand it to Zeel. I really feel like all his efforts in this thread have brought us all closer together.
It would be heartwarming if it wasn't for all the blunt force trauma caused by so many facepalms.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:

Holy shit, you're right!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8L8xm-3cuwcvSdWfVziIT0PwHZKEHBjqUtPqk-5_Oqhz7mF6WN1hZtTlt

Good night folks, have a safe journey home and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Gotta hand it to Zeel. I really feel like all his efforts in this thread have brought us all closer together.
I used to think this website was 90% of self-entitled gamers. You guys have given me hope again <3

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:

Holy shit, you're right!

It would be heartwarming if it wasn't for all the blunt force trauma caused by so many facepalms.
Hes probably now at work writing a titanic rebuttle to something i left on page 23. I look forward to deconstructing it.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
SajuukKhar said:
Becuase the content was made AFTER the main game was done, with a desperate budget, separate costs etc. etc.
Can't you see I'm having a discussion based solely on hypothetical information?

I said if X was true then there is no reason other than money for the DLC to be free.

*sigh* I'm actually getting a little depressed by this thread.

Good day to you sir.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Richardplex said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:

Holy shit, you're right!

I used to think this website was 90% of self-entitled gamers. You guys have given me hope again <3
hope is all we ever have hold it tightly

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
People are just missing the point. He's still there even if you don't buy the dlc, it's just one mission, and it's not as bad as, say, charging £99 for an extremely ugly virtual hat or £40 for a game that you have to buy £30 action figures to play. And even if you don't get to recruit a Prothean, it's still Mass Effect, even if one tiny, insignificant mission's missing.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
gigastar said:
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
anthony87 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SajuukKhar said:
Richardplex said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tony2077 said:

Holy shit, you're right!

Hes probably now at work writing a titanic rebuttle to something i left on page 23. I look forward to deconstructing it.
Wow, I didn't think you would be that correct. Just.. wow.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
SirBryghtside said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:
That's all perfectly reasonable.

Well, apart from the fact that day one DLC is an absolute abomination, but there you go.
Why is the release of content they made after the main game was done so abysmal?

If it was somehow conceivably possible for them to make DAO:Awakening in the time between the game was done and the time it came out and they did and then the released it day 1 also I don't think I would have a problem with it.

If they can make the content why not get it out as soon as possible so people can have more to play.

As long as it isn't some uber critical piece of info, which this prothean isn't, it shouldn't matter if it comes out day 1 or day 100.

No one is making you buy it and it isn't required to get a FULL base game.
But it is out there in time for release. Hence the name 'day 1 DLC'.

I'm already buying a product for over £30, I find it absolutely ridiculous that to get the full game I have to shell out another 10 for stuff that, to be honest, does seem bloody important. I, for one, am absolutely sick of this kind of business practice, and will never buy that DLC. This actually changed my mind on the decision of whether to buy the standard edition or CE - I went for the former.

And as much as I hate the slippery slope argument, it really does apply for this subject. I pre-ordered ME3 today, and I watched in horror as some spoilt brat's mum asked a worker in game about Skylanders. Look it up.
Also Zeel why do you call EVERYONE female if you have no idea of their gender?
Who cares? Everyone else assumes male, and 'she' is generally considered more appropriate.

Oh, and before you decide to say any of these rebuttals: I found it stupid when Valve did it with Portal 2 as well, and calling me 'entitled' means absolutely nothing.
But you DON'T have to shell out more money for the DLC, and you DONT need the DLC for a "full game", the base game as is IS COMPLETE.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
The prothean as a character was made in November, the prothean as a squadmate was made later.

we already went over this.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
One would be able to know if they "removed" content because the game's story/progression wouldn't make sense without the DLC.

dobahci

Jan 25, 2012
You people really take your Mass Effect seriously.

Let's just all agree that any DLC that releases within one month of the game's release date should be free of charge.

Also, every game should come with a free T-bone steak.

Dec 14, 2009
Zeel said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:

Well, apart from the fact that day one DLC is an absolute abomination, but there you go.
Why is the release of content they made after the main game was done so abysmal?

If it was somehow conceivably possible for them to make DAO:Awakening in the time between the game was done and the time it came out and they did and then the released it day 1 also I don't think I would have a problem with it.

If they can make the content why not get it out as soon as possible so people can have more to play.

As long as it isn't some uber critical piece of info, which this prothean isn't, it shouldn't matter if it comes out day 1 or day 100.

I'm already buying a product for over £30, I find it absolutely ridiculous that to get the full game I have to shell out another 10 for stuff that, to be honest, does seem bloody important. I, for one, am absolutely sick of this kind of business practice, and will never buy that DLC. This actually changed my mind on the decision of whether to buy the standard edition or CE - I went for the former.

And as much as I hate the slippery slope argument, it really does apply for this subject. I pre-ordered ME3 today, and I watched in horror as some spoilt brat's mum asked a worker in game about Skylanders. Look it up.
Who cares? Everyone else assumes male, and 'she' is generally considered more appropriate.

Oh, and before you decide to say any of these rebuttals: I found it stupid when Valve did it with Portal 2 as well, and calling me 'entitled' means absolutely nothing.
But you DON'T have to shell out more money for the DLC.

also you DONT need the DLC for a "full game", the base game as is IS COMPLETE.
Well according to them. We can't wrap our heads around how they have time for new squadmates and missions by day of release but can't give it free with purchase.

Tell me this; If EA games did remove content from the disc how would you know?
People making the accusations are the ones who must provide proof. It doesn't matter that we have no idea whether EA removed content, what matters is that those claiming that they did have the burden of proof.

For example.

Bob Dylan enjoys the taste of pineapple chunks.

Bob Dylan does not have to prove that, in fact, he does not like pineapple chunks.

I have to prove it, using evidence, not writing batshit crazy rhetoric.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Zeel said:
RoBi3.0 said:
Zeel said:
RoBi3.0 said:
Zeel said:
Llamazoid said:
Well he's pretty much admitted his defeat, admitting he doesn't know if his source works with Bioware or not,that leaves him with no leg to stand on. His evidence is shoddy at best and can be interpreted to the will of both sides. Zeel's just stated the question we all were thinking at the beginning:

"IS THE CHARACTER ONLY GAINED THROUGH THE DLC? THATS THE ISSUE."

I'm going out on a limb here and say I'm basically were 99% sure the Character is only available through the DLC just like Kasumi was in ME2. Does this matter or affect the story if you don't have them? No. Will anything change in the story because of the DLC? Aside from the Squad banter and his own personal mission..No.

*Grabs a sandwich*
Listen, if his word for it and googling up his name and checking out that he does indeed work for bioware is not enough for you, then yes its "shoddy" evidence. Everywhere else thats pretty damn good evidence.

your last two points are abysmal. You've not argued a god damn thing.
It's not like Kasumi becauses he a prothean.
I am actually kind of tried of you repeating the same crap over and over again. Just because you repeatedly type it doesn't mean it is true or worth anyone's time.

I am so tried in fact that I am offering to buy you the DLC once the game launches, but only if you promise (and follow through) to stop talking about it. Trust me I am doing you a favor. I am sure people are starting to find you very unlikeable.
ME TOO! I have to keep repeating my arguments because they don't get it. By all means guys, debunk my arguments so we can move on. Until then, I'm going to construct other arguments because you guys suck.

Listen kid, I don't need your money. i dont want the game, it offended my senses. I wont be buying it. Used, pirated, or elsewise. I'm tired of this shit and until they fix it I'm not budging.
Dude, I am 28 years old I am pretty sure a ceased being a kid a long time ago. There really isn't a need to debunk your arguments you stopped listening to reason a long time ago in fact I not sure you ever mastered that ability.

But enjoy your troll roll. For some of us it has been extremely interesting.
uh huh. You took the time to reply to me twice and instead of presenting an argument you just wanted to say how "right" you are. You wont be shocked that I don't believe you, right?
Dude I wasn't, saying you were right. I was imply you are trolling. So yeah I don't think you are right. Keep fighting the good fight though, and in case you didn't catch that "good fight" was sarcasm.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:

Well according to them. We can't wrap our heads around how they have time for new squadmates and missions by day of release but can't give it free with purchase.

People making the accusations are the ones who must provide proof. It doesn't matter that we have no idea whether EA removed content, what matters is that those claiming that they did have the burden of proof.

For example.

Bob Dylan does not have to prove that, in fact, he does not like pineapple chunks.

Oh pshaw, everyone knows Bob Dylan loves himself some Pineapple chunks.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Radoh said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zeel said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:
SajuukKhar said:
SirBryghtside said:

For example.

Oh pshaw, everyone knows Bob Dylan loves himself some Pineapple chunks.
They say he was the first ever man to try pineapple on a pizza.

Something I shall never ever forgive him for if it's true.