Bioware Hacked

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
4li3n said:
Man, i bet net security firms are salivating right now....
I wouldn't be entirely shocked to find out Lulzsec is actually a front for some Gurilla marketing insanity to create business for security firms. That said they hacked the CIA so maybe not...

Morgan Howe

Jun 4, 2011
well we can all take solace in the fact that you CAN'T hide on the internet and they all have whats coming to them

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
thelonewolf266 said:
Seriously no offence to anyone who uses them, but why bother hacking a decade old server that hosts Neverwinter Nights forums why would you be proud of that?
Proud? No.
Prove that sysadmins need to encrypt their passwords? Yes.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
JustaGigolo said:
Man, it seems everything video game related is getting hacked.
You think there is a causal link?

OT: Bloody hell. Sony gets hacked and then every hacker and their mum thinks that it is 'cool beans' to go around hacking stuff for no good reason ... what a bunch of arseholes.

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
Luthir Fontaine said:
So when well those extra credit guys make another video talking about how great those hackers are....?
I don't recall them defending Lulzsec. They did sorta defend Anonymous, but it was more of the fact that Anonymous straight up said it wasn't them. As proof, 4chan got DDoS'd for a bit yesterday. Not sure by who but my money's on Lulzsec

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
So when well those extra credit guys make another video talking about how great those hackers are....?
I don't recall them defending Lulzsec. They did sorta defend Anonymous, but it was more of the fact that Anonymous straight up said it wasn't them. As proof, 4chan got DDoS'd for a bit yesterday. Not sure by who but my money's on Lulzsec
Both use there computer knowledge to A: ruin peoples day and B: to make people do what they want, strong arm them if you would.

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
Luthir Fontaine said:
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
Both use there computer knowledge to A: ruin peoples day and B: to make people do what they want, strong arm them if you would.
Ehh.... difference is Anonymous hacks and goes after people that deserve it according to their ideals of free speech and freedom of information (most of the time anyway). Lulzsec tends to just go after game companies just to cause havoc IMO.

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
Ehh.... difference is Anonymous hacks and goes after people that deserve it according to their ideals of free speech and freedom of information (most of the time anyway). Lulzsec tends to just go after game companies just to cause havoc IMO.
So anonymous goes after people they deem a threat?

Alexlion

May 2, 2011
Wow hacking is the flavor of the month, the old forums is all well and good but the CiA i think was prolly a bad move

phelan511

Oct 29, 2010
Luthir Fontaine said:
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
So anonymous goes after people they deem a threat?
Essentially, either Anon attacks people that attack them, or provoke them by violating one of their loose ideals. Also, Anon is not known for hacking for financial benefit. If they were, they'd attack much bigger fish than PSN, Bioware, or Bethesda. Lulzsec is just hacking to be a nuisance in my opinion.

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Madara said:
Ya know. All I keep seeing that every other fucking company under the sun has responded to these attacks better than the idiots over at Sony.
Actually, this is not the case. Citibank got hacked in early May and didn't tell anyone until early June. Unfortunately such things have happened before as I understand it. Comparatively speaking, Sony's handling actually wasn't so bad. And the main reason other companies are handling it well is because they have the advantage of Sony being attacked first and therefore other companies have been given ample time to learn from that incident and raise their guard.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
Well, this means that LulzSec is getting closer and cloaser to the core of the gaming community. We know that their apparant motive is to expose weaknesses in internet security, but we all know that a talented hacker can get through anything that's not government level security. The rest of the gaming community needs to batten down the hatches and beef up their security. Like something that would automatically shut down all systems if a hack is detected.

Then what's most important is we need to strike back somehow. But that's the only problem: how?

We could tell Mosad that LulzSec members are all Iranian scientists.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
The Lulzboat may have sailed into Kirkwall it seems

OR

The Lulzboat rode its ship to the Citadel

Temah

Dec 5, 2010
phelan511 said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
Chances are it was Lulz, they tweeted about /b/ 'hunting' them.

Ailauris

May 19, 2011
What I'm wondering is when will they go after Blizzard?

So far they seem to have gone after everyone big and small.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Ilikemilkshake said:
Damn hackers! when will it end!
Never. As long as there's stuff to hack, it will be hacked

Jordi said:
I know you always hear advice about not ever using the same password anywhere, but we all know that that isn't really practical
Yeah, I have some duplicates, but they're for accounts that have nothing to do with each other and if one gets hacked, it's not going to make a whole lot of difference if anything with the same is gotten at. Stuff like mail and bank accounts have individual passwords, whilst forums don't necessarily have uniques. (And my forum password I use evolves lol)

thelonewolf266 said:
Seriously no offence to anyone who uses them, but why bother hacking a decade old server that hosts Neverwinter Nights forums why would you be proud of that?
Because the data can still be useful, what with people having the same passwords here and there. A lot of WoW forums got hacked so that they could try the mail/password combo on the WoW servers. This tactic did work ><.