BioWare Kills Mass Effect 2 PS3 Rumor

Vergial

Mar 16, 2009
Hazy said:
addeB said:
I feel sorry for those with ps3 who don't get to play this awesome game... You really miss something : /
I have an Xbox, but the damn thing scratches discs constantly.* Since I'm going to be playing this for a good while, I don't wish to spend $60 on something that may get scarred.

Still, I hope it does eventually get a port. As I would love nothing more than to experience this, without getting a new Xbox or dropping a lot of money on my PC to be able to run it.
[sub]*My copy of COD 4, which I just bought, new, last year, refuses to run. I take great care of my games.[/sub]
Do/did you have your system standing upright? If that's the case, that's ASKING to cause problems. Make sure it's laying flat. I know people who took such wonderful care of their games, but failed to note this little error and suffered for it.

As for ME on the PC (not Winblows ME), you wouldn't have to spend too much. I spent $370 on my machine and it runs Crysis like a dream, though I only ever play MechWarrior: Living Legends. Just a thought, hope it offers some help.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Jiraiya72 said:
addeB said:
I feel sorry for those with ps3 who don't get to play this awesome game... You really miss something : /
Owning a PS3 means you can't own a PC?
That means that i feel sorry for those who don't get to play it. If you play it on pc you aren't missing anything.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh well. This is why I own every console and a beefy PC. Esclusives mean nothing.

Yes, I own a PS3, 360, Wii, and a gaming PC. Bow before my obvious superiority >:D

So I'm off to play Uncharted 2. Then spend some time on Halo 3, play a bit of No More Heroes 2, and wrap up my day with Team Fortress 2 on my PC, all because I can.

/gloat

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
To be quite honest, I'm about sick of this whole "oh sorry this game is exclusive to ONLY (insert system), so the rest of you miss out."

Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have not only been out longer than two YEARS, but their prices have dropped drastically since their releases.

To be honest, other than stubborn fanboyism, there really IS NOT a reason to not own BOTH systems these days if you really love games. Are you telling me that in two years since you bought your PS3 you couldnt save up $299 bucks for an Xbox 360? Hell most PS3 owners could have been saving up for an Xbox during those first PS3 years when the gaming selection was so dismal, so you really don't have that as an excuse. Equally as well, if you are an Xbox owner, if you couldn't save up for a PS3 by now, you really don't want one, so you've made your choice.

Personally I own all three consoles on the market, a ds, a psp, and a PC as well as a laptop. I am not rich, I work a full time job, I'm working on finishing my microbiology masters degree... thing is, I know how to save for what I want. If you put aside $50 a month (less than the price of a game), you could own a PS3 or an XBOX in less than 6 months.

So honestly I laugh at people who get their panties in a bunch over "exclusive" titles, because I honestly don't understand the whole situation of being 'limited' to one or the other.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
teh_gunslinger said:
While he is probably telling the truth I wonder why the Unreal Engine would have Paragon/Renegade points built in? I mean, it's cross platform sure, but I've not seen those kinds of points in any other UE games.

Oh well, probably just a oversight in the code.
I'm fairly certain that PS3 support is built into the engine so it automatically creates code for the PS3 while the Xbox 360 and PC versions are being coded.

Zero=Interrupt

Nov 9, 2009
If Bioware doesn't want more of my money, then I'll give it to someone I know can deliver: the Japanese.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
JeanLuc761 said:
teh_gunslinger said:
While he is probably telling the truth I wonder why the Unreal Engine would have Paragon/Renegade points built in? I mean, it's cross platform sure, but I've not seen those kinds of points in any other UE games.

Oh well, probably just a oversight in the code.
I'm fairly certain that PS3 support is built into the engine so it automatically creates code for the PS3 while the Xbox 360 and PC versions are being coded.
Alright. That sounds about right. And as I said, I didn't disbelieve him. I was just wondering out loud. Thanks for the info.

siffty

Jul 12, 2009
god dam it 1st i fined out that my only was of getting mass effect is threw steam (i have small amount of d/l for my net ) and now this /sadface

Micro Chip

Jul 24, 2008
Seriously considering get an Xbox 360 just for these games. Could someone tell me, is it worth buying a basic Xbox 360 just for the ME games? I'm not all that interested in the other exclusives (Halo, Gears etc).

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Ah crap. Been meaning for it to come out for PS3 sometime now. But you know what? I still have my GOTY Fallout 3 to finish so no biggie.

Dec 14, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
To be quite honest, I'm about sick of this whole "oh sorry this game is exclusive to ONLY (insert system), so the rest of you miss out."

Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have not only been out longer than two YEARS, but their prices have dropped drastically since their releases.

To be honest, other than stubborn fanboyism, there really IS NOT a reason to not own BOTH systems these days if you really love games. Are you telling me that in two years since you bought your PS3 you couldnt save up $299 bucks for an Xbox 360? Hell most PS3 owners could have been saving up for an Xbox during those first PS3 years when the gaming selection was so dismal, so you really don't have that as an excuse. Equally as well, if you are an Xbox owner, if you couldn't save up for a PS3 by now, you really don't want one, so you've made your choice.

Personally I own all three consoles on the market, a ds, a psp, and a PC as well as a laptop. I am not rich, I work a full time job, I'm working on finishing my microbiology masters degree... thing is, I know how to save for what I want. If you put aside $50 a month (less than the price of a game), you could own a PS3 or an XBOX in less than 6 months.

So honestly I laugh at people who get their panties in a bunch over "exclusive" titles, because I honestly don't understand the whole situation of being 'limited' to one or the other.
It's this little thing called money, not all us are rolling in it, especially if you're a student. I can barely affford new games, let alone a new console.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
HyenaThePirate said:

It's this little thing called money, not all us are rolling in it, especially if you're a student. I can barely affford new games, let alone a new console.
It's a little thing called BUDGETING.
You see, if you BUDGET, and SAVE, you can EVENTUALLY own anything you want.
The problem is, we live in a society that is very "instant gratification".
If you sat with me and showed me every dime you've made, every paycheck, and then every expense, I can show you with 100% certainty how you could have obtained both consoles within a reasonable period of time by simply MANAGING your MONEY.

I am not rich or wealthy. By most standards I'd be classed as Low Income or possibly even at the poverty level.
Thing is, I make a living just like everyone else, it's not much, I'm not raking in the dough, but I'm conservative with certain spending and I am always weighing the things I want vs what I need. I wanted a PS3, so instead of eating out, I put that money in a little jar and SAVED it. You'd be surprised how quickly those potential trips to McDonalds can add up.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I figured as much.
That's like 360 fans saying Uncharted 2 would come to 360, it just didn't make sense.

That being said, this game was so popular on the 360, almost everyone on my friends list was playing it the day it came out, it was ridiculous.

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:

The issue for me isn't so much OBTAINING all three consoles as it is keeping up with them. Having three consoles' worth of games coming in at a steady pace costs a lot of money and (perhaps more importantly) a lot of time. If I really made an effort to buy and play everything that interested me, I'd never have time for anything else.

I'm currently in the lucky position of having two roommates with PS3s (I have a Wii and an Xbox 360 myself), but even then there are plenty of supposedly great games that I'm sure I'll never get around to.

Dec 14, 2009
HyenaThePirate said:
Daystar Clarion said:
HyenaThePirate said:

It's a little thing called BUDGETING.
You see, if you BUDGET, and SAVE, you can EVENTUALLY own anything you want.
The problem is, we live in a society that is very "instant gratification".
If you sat with me and showed me every dime you've made, every paycheck, and then every expense, I can show you with 100% certainty how you could have obtained both consoles within a reasonable period of time by simply MANAGING your MONEY.

I am not rich or wealthy. By most standards I'd be classed as Low Income or possibly even at the poverty level.
Thing is, I make a living just like everyone else, it's not much, I'm not raking in the dough, but I'm conservative with certain spending and I am always weighing the things I want vs what I need. I wanted a PS3, so instead of eating out, I put that money in a little jar and SAVED it. You'd be surprised how quickly those potential trips to McDonalds can add up.
Yeah, I don't have a job... because I'm a student. Like I said.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Suskie said:
HyenaThePirate said:

The issue for me isn't so much OBTAINING all three consoles as it is keeping up with them. Having three consoles' worth of games coming in at a steady pace costs a lot of money and (perhaps more importantly) a lot of time. If I really made an effort to buy and play everything that interested me, I'd never have time for anything else.

I'm currently in the lucky position of having two roommates with PS3s (I have a Wii and an Xbox 360 myself), but even then there are plenty of supposedly great games that I'm sure I'll never get around to.
My word, you make things a bit complicated don't you?
Nobody said you had to buy EVERY Game that comes out for every system right as they come out. These consoles and their games, aren't going anywhere any time soon. Often I wait a while on new titles anyway, until I can get a few opinions on if it's worth my money. I also wait to see which system the game is better on and I get that version. For example, Bayonetta is out for both the PS3 and Xbox but I got it on my Xbox because all reports were that the Xbox version was better quality. On the other hand, I got Dragon Age origins for my ps3. And for exclusives I got Left 4 Dead 2 for the xbox and Demon Souls for the PS3.
I have beaten NONE of these games but I'm in no hurry to run out and buy new stuff. I can wait till the prices come down to the $20 or more mark, or hell wait until next christmas when Gamestop runs its specials and pick up a lot of games for a pittance. Games like Darksiders that are $60 now will probably be $9.99 come December.

But I can understand how it can seem overwhelming. There are alot of games worth giving a go and it's sometimes hard to decide what to get when, but what i've learned is that eventually, i get them all in the end.