BioWare Letting Fans Choose Mass Effect 3's FemShep

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Sentox6 said:
Sonic Doctor said:
BioWare needs to stick to its guns, it already established that male Shepard is canon.
Dear Lord, there is no facepalm in the universe big enough to encapsulate this statement.

There is no canon Shepard (in terms of gender, appearance, etc). There are only canon actions.

For the billionth time, the Shepard who is on the box is the default marketing Shepard, not fiction canon.
Actually, if memory serves me correctly, in one of the Mass Effect novels they do refer to Commander Shepard as a 'he'.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I'd want something between 5 and 2. 6 is also something I like.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would have to go with number 4. No offence to girls with short hairs that to me it didn't look quite right (remind me too much of Jack).

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
I hate how predictable this contest is. Before I even went to the page to see all six, I saw the blonde one in the preview shots and instantly said to myself "well, that one is gonna win by a landslide." I hate always being right.

Wtf was wrong with the original default anyway? She looked fine, and I like her as a red head. Oh, and of course, the only red head option we get is the worst hair, or lack thereof. Fucking Bioware, why couldn't you leave well enough alone? What's worse is that the original default looked like she was a soldier, but the blonde one in the lead looks like she fell out of David Bowie's ass. Oh, and #4 totally makes me think of Rhiannna.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
Nomanslander said:
One looks like Winona Ryder from Aliens 4. I like 4, also 5 even though she looks like 14 and late for cheerleading practice, and 6 looks like some Indian girl I knew. Either those three would do even though I have a feeling everyone is going to go with the blonde.

Catchy Slogan said:
Seriously, waht was wrong with the old FemShep? I dislike all these ones. They look too pretty. Guess I'll be making my own character to be like the old default.
That wasn't a default Shep, if you've ever noticed, MaleShep looks custom made. That's because they used a real male model to base him off of.

The default femShep in ME1&2 is just a random face they came up from their character editor, no real female model. Which just isn't as detailed and personified.

Oh and I think it's about time they did something about it, now put some lesbian love interest in the game. With my femshep in ME2 I was stuck fucking a lizard man, a frog man, (give me as much heat as you want, I love Garrus and Thane to death, they're my boys, but Xenophilia with them just wasn't happening) and Kanye West who scared me having bigger tits than I had, plus why wasn't Jack fuckable as a women?
i agree, i think it's about time the gave the default femshep more detailed look

no the best place to ask this but: WHY CANT I CUSTOMIZE THE DEFAULT MALE SHEPARD!?!?! god o only want to tweek his eye color and stuff like that he has the best male face and i want to keep that but just change a few things but you can't tweek it or recreate in in the custom setting! grrrrrrrrr

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
Ashoten said:
Why does the Omni Tool look like a dagger?
New weapon, ME3 has a melee focused class.

Also, none of those Femsheps have a look I'd vote for. So I won't, I just be equally disapointed whichever gets chosen.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Leviathan_ said:
Actually, if memory serves me correctly, in one of the Mass Effect novels they do refer to Commander Shepard as a 'he'.
I'm fairly sure memory is serving you incorrectly on this matter. I'm happy to accept any evidenc to the contrary, though.

Teckdeth

Oct 4, 2010
I vote 5, but with a different hair colour. Black, Brown or Red, otherwise she kind of looks like Brittany Murphey. It's not a bad thing, I just wouldn't cast her in this game :p

Tea_bird

Jul 12, 2011
I think number 3 is the best of them, but mostly it's because I want that Shepard's hairstyle available.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
wait, we still get to change the default in-game if we want, right?

I'd vote #3 if Facebook weren't censored here

linkblade91

Dec 2, 2009
I made my FemShep look like Samus Aran, so she could kill aliens even outside Nintendo properties lol

However, 'cause blonde-hair-female-ass-kicker-in-space is Samus' thing, I say go with the red-head, but with longer hair. The universe welcomes more good-looking red-heads, for there can never be too many.

That said, I dont like any of these versions, in the sense of how they look at the camera. The stern glares they're giving make them look...evil.

rustybroomhandle

Jun 21, 2011
Pfff, I hate all of these. They look like underwear models, not strong-willed women out to save the galaxy.

They should have just made the character resemble Jennifer Hale. They did it with some of the other characters, why not Shepard?

0thello

Apr 2, 2009
I want number 4 simple because she's 'different'. All the rest are too pale for me and quite frankly there is an overuse of white and light skinned protagonists. Although 4 is considered to be too light in my opinion it's better than the rest whom are damn near over the top.