BioWare Reveals The Old Republic's Smuggler Class

space_oddity

Oct 24, 2008
caz105 said:
space_oddity said:
nova18 said:
Bounty Hunter or Smuggler?
Decisions decisions.

It all comes down to who I love more, Fett or Solo.
I'll probably spend so long deciding that I never get to play the game.
I am in the same boat. Or should i say ship.
Or should you say Death Star?
...thats no moon.

Ahh, my sweet childhood. I am so putting star wars on right now.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
I honestly wasnt planning to get this game as my favourite character is Han Solo and rarely you play as him. NOW IM GETTING THIS.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I'm looking forward to this game, Bioware makes good games so I think this may actually be quite good!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Fun, Smuggler or Jedi will likely be my first character.

Light Side for Life!

Still, the fact that SMUGGLER is on the side of "The Republic" amuses the crap out of me... it makes PERFECT sense given Bioware's reasoning behind the Bounty Hunter being a Sith faction class... but it's still funny.

ldwater

Jun 15, 2009
I can see the whole 'cover system' thing being quite laughable.

Fair enough, smuggler has light armor and wont have high hp, but being dependent on cover to give them the 'edge' will mean 2 things:

1) They will moan when instances / game environment doesn't work as expected or provide enough cover.
2) They will moan in wide open spaces where there IS no cover and then they get dead very quickly (unless the game drops chest high walls :D)

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
woem said:
I do find it kind of odd that the smuggler class is classified as a good guy. I'd prefer to see them as "neutral". This makes me wonder what their Sith counterpart will be.
BioWare has said that the two factions aren't distinctly good and evil to the people in the game. A good guy could be a soldier in the Sith Empire just as an evil guy could own a Republic merchant ship.