BioWare Unveils First Paid DLC for Mass Effect 2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Unveils First Paid DLC for Mass Effect 2

BioWare has unveiled Kasumi's Stolen Memory, the first paid DLC pack for Mass Effect 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001TORSII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968926&sr=1-1], which will add a new character, new mission and other goodies to the game.

The DLC pack will give players access to the character of Kasumi, a "confident female thief" currently spending her time on the Citadel. Once she's joined the team, Shepard will be able to help her out with a secret mission involving a corrupt but influential art dealer. Kasumi can be picked up at any point during the game or even after the completion of the main quest, and her mission will take about an hour and a half to wrap up. The DLC update will also include the Locust SMG, a new flash-bang grenade loyalty power and a new Achievement.

So, speculation: Will she be built like a brick shithouse? Will she be tragically damaged and vulnerable beneath her tough, confident exterior? Will Shepard help heal her wounds and eventually charm his way into her heart, and into another hilariously awkward, overwrought sex scene? All signs, as they say, point to yes.

Pricing for Kasumi's Stolen Memory hasn't been set, but the DLC pack is currently slated for release on April 6 for both the PC and Xbox 360.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/mass-effect-2-dlc-kasumis-stolen-memory-lands-on-apr-6-don/]

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
This sounds somewhat interesting, though I felt the crew was large enough already. At least she'll be well written and at worst moderately interesting. This is BioWare we're talking about.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Nah. Bioware's paid DLC has a rep for sucking. No way I'm getting this.

Bring Down the Sky, Warden's Keep, Pinnacle Station, Return to Ostragar, etc.

Bioware...you suck at making DLC. Awakenings looks like shit, too. The free ones are the best in DA: O and ME2.

bladeofdarkness

Aug 6, 2009
sounds good
cant wait to see what the new character both looks, and plays like (what does a thief fight like)

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
It'd be pretty funny if Joker made a remark on the fact that Shephard collects alot of people.

"Hey, Commander? The Normandy's getting a bit back heavy. Have that in mind next time to find a possible recruit?"

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
Bring down the Sky was free DLC, you're thinking of the Pinnacle station DLC.

Smart Money says she's going to hang out in the Port-side observation deck. It's the only place on the ship you can't currently go.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Sweet.

Am I wrong to hope for this Kasumi [http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5700000/Kasumi-art-dead-or-alive-5794260-337-500.jpg] instead?

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
I'll see the price, read the previews and then make my choice.

As long as its not another Pinnacle Station, I'll most likely get it

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
The best thing about BioWare's games are arguably their characters. Hopefully Kasumi will be more like Shale (the DLC character for Dragon Age) and less like Zaeed (Mass Effect 2's first DLC character).

Got to admit, I'm looking forward to this.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Pay for DLC when I have the Cerberus Network Card? No. I don't want to pay for it, I thought the Cerberus Card was to get free DLC.
Oh, who am I kidding, I'm most likely going to buy this.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

Bioware...you suck at making DLC. Awakenings looks like shit, too. The free ones are the best in DA: O and ME2.
Why Awakenings? Its basically another DA:O, why does that suck?

OT: I heard she was a thief or something. Maybe that was different character, or just a total lie. I may get her, if she doesn't cost too much (well would that sound kinda dodgey out of context?). I'll also see how interesting other people say she is.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
reg42 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Based on DLC reputation, and an advance review for the DLC rated at 7. That said it does nothing to improve on the game, but rather stagnates with, well, basically being DA:O.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
reg42 said:
OT: I heard she was a thief or something. Maybe that was different character, or just a total lie. I may get her, if she doesn't cost too much (well would that sound kinda dodgey out of context?). I'll also see how interesting other people say she is.
You heard right.

Andy Chalk said:
... Kasumi, a "confident female thief" currently spending her time on the Citadel.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
reg42 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Based on DLC reputation, and an advance review for the DLC rated at 7. That said it does nothing to improve on the game, but rather stagnates with, well, basically being DA:O.
Oh well that's quite a shame. I'll probably still get it though, as the promise of more DA:O is way too much for me to pass up.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
reg42 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
reg42 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Oh well that's quite a shame. I'll probably still get it though, as the promise of more DA:O is way too much for me to pass up.
Never really got into DA:O. Didn't bother beating it. Kinda blew, imo. Combat animations were terrible, not even fluid. You can have sub-bar graphics and have a good game, but sub-par animations ruin a game for me.

Dec 14, 2009
Raithnor said:
Bring down the Sky was free DLC, you're thinking of the Pinnacle station DLC.

Smart Money says she's going to hang out in the Port-side observation deck. It's the only place on the ship you can't currently go.
Bring down the sky was so free that I had to pay for it? That's strange.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
As a Miranda fan, I approve of the used screenshot.

Anyway, I'm also in the "crew is pretty big already" camp. It will be interesting to see what she looks like and how she plays, but either way at this point I'd imagine she's going to feel pretty superfluous.

Raithnor

Jul 26, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Bring down the sky was so free that I had to pay for it? That's strange.
I'll have to double check, but I remember downloading it from EA website for the PC and not paying anything for it. I also purchased the game from Steam when they were selling it for $15.